Old 20-01-2008, 11:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Carl's Jr.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/obituar...karc13.article

CARL N. KARCHER | 1917-2008
Founder of Carl's Jr. fast-food chain

I don't know if I've ever had one of the burgers, but I've heard it
mentioned here.
Dee Dee

Old 21-01-2008, 02:54 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee.Dee" wrote in message
http://www.suntimes.com/news/obituar...karc13.article

CARL N. KARCHER | 1917-2008
Founder of Carl's Jr. fast-food chain

I don't know if I've ever had one of the burgers, but I've heard it
mentioned here.

I never ate there. We used to live near one in CA. I'd occasionally get
their chicken stars for my daughter until I realized she was only playing
with them and not eating them. She went through a stage when she was under
3 or so where she loved things in various shapes.

Their food is too gloppy with sauce for me and everything seems to come in
huge portions.

Old 21-01-2008, 03:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

"Dee.Dee" wrote in message
http://www.suntimes.com/news/obituar...karc13.article

CARL N. KARCHER | 1917-2008
Founder of Carl's Jr. fast-food chain

I don't know if I've ever had one of the burgers, but I've heard it
mentioned here.

I never ate there. We used to live near one in CA. I'd occasionally get
their chicken stars for my daughter until I realized she was only playing
with them and not eating them. She went through a stage when she was
under 3 or so where she loved things in various shapes.

Their food is too gloppy with sauce for me and everything seems to come in
huge portions.

I like their Crispy Chicken Sandwich. About a dollar. Bun, chicken,
lettuse and some mayo. Not huge; not "gloopy with sauce". You just have
to be familiar with their offerings and menu.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Old 21-01-2008, 04:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark wrote:

Julie Bove wrote:

"Dee.Dee" wrote in message
http://www.suntimes.com/news/obituar...karc13.article

CARL N. KARCHER | 1917-2008
Founder of Carl's Jr. fast-food chain

I don't know if I've ever had one of the burgers, but I've heard it
mentioned here.

I never ate there. We used to live near one in CA. I'd occasionally
get their chicken stars for my daughter until I realized she was only
playing with them and not eating them. She went through a stage when
she was under 3 or so where she loved things in various shapes.

Their food is too gloppy with sauce for me and everything seems to come
in huge portions.

I like their Crispy Chicken Sandwich. About a dollar. Bun, chicken,
lettuse and some mayo. Not huge; not "gloopy with sauce". You just have

Lettuce, fer crissakes.

Old 21-01-2008, 05:07 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun 20 Jan 2008 04:38:32p, Dee.Dee told us...

http://www.suntimes.com/news/obituar...karc13.article

CARL N. KARCHER | 1917-2008
Founder of Carl's Jr. fast-food chain

I don't know if I've ever had one of the burgers, but I've heard it
mentioned here.
Dee Dee

There are a lot of Carl's Jr. burger shops in the Phoenix, some also
subtitled "Home of the Green Burrito". I think I've had their burgers
twice since we moved here. Nothing to write home about. I have no idea
what it is they're calling a Green Burrito. It's definitely not a place
about Mexican food, as such.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, 01(I)/20(XX)/08(MMVIII)
Today is: Feast of Septuagesima
Never let your schooling interfere
with your education.

Old 21-01-2008, 05:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun 20 Jan 2008 10:50:38p, Blinky the Shark told us...

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

There are a lot of Carl's Jr. burger shops in the Phoenix, some also
subtitled "Home of the Green Burrito". I think I've had their burgers
twice since we moved here. Nothing to write home about. I have no idea
what it is they're calling a Green Burrito.

It's a burrito formulated to reduce the eater's gaseous emissions.

Seriously? :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, 01(I)/20(XX)/08(MMVIII)
Today is: Feast of Septuagesima
Oxymoron: Soviet Life.

Old 21-01-2008, 06:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun 20 Jan 2008 11:33:35p, Blinky the Shark told us...

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

There are a lot of Carl's Jr. burger shops in the Phoenix, some also
subtitled "Home of the Green Burrito". I think I've had their burgers
twice since we moved here. Nothing to write home about. I have no
idea what it is they're calling a Green Burrito.

It's a burrito formulated to reduce the eater's gaseous emissions.

Seriously? :-)

Have I ever lied to you?

I'm gullible enough to admit I don't know. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, 01(I)/20(XX)/08(MMVIII)
Today is: Feast of Septuagesima
'Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice
doggie!'... till you can find a rock.'

Old 21-01-2008, 06:55 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

There are a lot of Carl's Jr. burger shops in the Phoenix, some also
subtitled "Home of the Green Burrito". I think I've had their burgers
twice since we moved here. Nothing to write home about. I have no
idea what it is they're calling a Green Burrito.

It's a burrito formulated to reduce the eater's gaseous emissions.

Seriously? :-)

Have I ever lied to you?

I never eat at Carl's Jr. so I googled.
http://www.answers.com/topic/green-burrito

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first

Old 21-01-2008, 06:58 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun 20 Jan 2008 11:55:34p, told us...

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

There are a lot of Carl's Jr. burger shops in the Phoenix, some also
subtitled "Home of the Green Burrito". I think I've had their

burgers
twice since we moved here. Nothing to write home about. I have no
idea what it is they're calling a Green Burrito.

It's a burrito formulated to reduce the eater's gaseous emissions.

Seriously? :-)

Have I ever lied to you?

I never eat at Carl's Jr. so I googled.
http://www.answers.com/topic/green-burrito

Yeah, but is there really a "green burrito"? :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, 01(I)/20(XX)/08(MMVIII)
Today is: Feast of Septuagesima
URA Redneck if you answer the door
with a baseball bat

Old 21-01-2008, 07:14 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

There are a lot of Carl's Jr. burger shops in the Phoenix, some also
subtitled "Home of the Green Burrito". I think I've had their

burgers
twice since we moved here. Nothing to write home about. I have no
idea what it is they're calling a Green Burrito.

It's a burrito formulated to reduce the eater's gaseous emissions.

Seriously? :-)

Have I ever lied to you?

I never eat at Carl's Jr. so I googled.
http://www.answers.com/topic/green-burrito

Yeah, but is there really a "green burrito"? :-)

As far as I can tell, there is only a Green Burrito (brand) taco
salad.

What it's supposed to look like
http://www.pe.com/imagesdaily/2006/0...urrito_300.jpg

What it really looks like
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1358/...fcfac5159e.jpg

Old 21-01-2008, 08:00 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

On Sun 20 Jan 2008 11:33:35p, Blinky the Shark told us...

Have I ever lied to you?

I'm gullible enough to admit I don't know. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright

It's a relief to know there are other folks who think they're gullible,
too.

Sky, who's been caught unaware too many times, too!

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice
Old 21-01-2008, 08:15 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Blinky the Shark" wrote in message
news
Julie Bove wrote:

"Dee.Dee" wrote in message
http://www.suntimes.com/news/obituar...karc13.article

CARL N. KARCHER | 1917-2008
Founder of Carl's Jr. fast-food chain

I don't know if I've ever had one of the burgers, but I've heard it
mentioned here.

I never ate there. We used to live near one in CA. I'd occasionally get
their chicken stars for my daughter until I realized she was only playing
with them and not eating them. She went through a stage when she was
under 3 or so where she loved things in various shapes.

Their food is too gloppy with sauce for me and everything seems to come
in
huge portions.

I like their Crispy Chicken Sandwich. About a dollar. Bun, chicken,
lettuse and some mayo. Not huge; not "gloopy with sauce". You just have
to be familiar with their offerings and menu.

I never eat breaded, fried food. I have diabetes.

Old 21-01-2008, 08:16 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
3.184...
On Sun 20 Jan 2008 04:38:32p, Dee.Dee told us...

http://www.suntimes.com/news/obituar...karc13.article

CARL N. KARCHER | 1917-2008
Founder of Carl's Jr. fast-food chain

I don't know if I've ever had one of the burgers, but I've heard it
mentioned here.
Dee Dee

There are a lot of Carl's Jr. burger shops in the Phoenix, some also
subtitled "Home of the Green Burrito". I think I've had their burgers
twice since we moved here. Nothing to write home about. I have no idea
what it is they're calling a Green Burrito. It's definitely not a place
about Mexican food, as such.

I don't know either. They didn't have any Mexican food when I went there.

HEY CARL [email protected] Wine 0 26-08-2012 02:47 AM
Where to get Carl's ? ? ? Ray[_7_] Sourdough 2 11-07-2008 11:59 AM
Carl's Starter George Rupp Sourdough 4 11-05-2007 09:45 PM
What's new at Carl's Jr. darkcat General Cooking 0 12-04-2007 08:28 AM
Thanks for everything, Carl, but... Ben Sunshine-Hill Sourdough 23 17-02-2006 06:19 AM