Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Carl's Jr.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/obituar...karc13.article

CARL N. KARCHER | 1917-2008
Founder of Carl's Jr. fast-food chain

I don't know if I've ever had one of the burgers, but I've heard it
mentioned here.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee.Dee" > wrote in message
> http://www.suntimes.com/news/obituar...karc13.article
>
> CARL N. KARCHER | 1917-2008
> Founder of Carl's Jr. fast-food chain
>

> I don't know if I've ever had one of the burgers, but I've heard it
> mentioned here.

I never ate there. We used to live near one in CA. I'd occasionally get
their chicken stars for my daughter until I realized she was only playing
with them and not eating them. She went through a stage when she was under
3 or so where she loved things in various shapes.

Their food is too gloppy with sauce for me and everything seems to come in
huge portions.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Dee.Dee" > wrote in message
>> http://www.suntimes.com/news/obituar...karc13.article
>>
>> CARL N. KARCHER | 1917-2008
>> Founder of Carl's Jr. fast-food chain
>>

>> I don't know if I've ever had one of the burgers, but I've heard it
>> mentioned here.

> I never ate there. We used to live near one in CA. I'd occasionally get
> their chicken stars for my daughter until I realized she was only playing
> with them and not eating them. She went through a stage when she was
> under 3 or so where she loved things in various shapes.
>
> Their food is too gloppy with sauce for me and everything seems to come in
> huge portions.

I like their Crispy Chicken Sandwich. About a dollar. Bun, chicken,
lettuse and some mayo. Not huge; not "gloopy with sauce". You just have
to be familiar with their offerings and menu.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark wrote:

> Julie Bove wrote:
>

>> "Dee.Dee" > wrote in message
>>> http://www.suntimes.com/news/obituar...karc13.article
>>>
>>> CARL N. KARCHER | 1917-2008
>>> Founder of Carl's Jr. fast-food chain
>>>

>>> I don't know if I've ever had one of the burgers, but I've heard it
>>> mentioned here.

>> I never ate there. We used to live near one in CA. I'd occasionally
>> get their chicken stars for my daughter until I realized she was only
>> playing with them and not eating them. She went through a stage when
>> she was under 3 or so where she loved things in various shapes.
>>
>> Their food is too gloppy with sauce for me and everything seems to come
>> in huge portions.

> I like their Crispy Chicken Sandwich. About a dollar. Bun, chicken,
> lettuse and some mayo. Not huge; not "gloopy with sauce". You just have

Lettuce, fer crissakes.

> to be familiar with their offerings and menu.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun 20 Jan 2008 04:38:32p, Dee.Dee told us...

> http://www.suntimes.com/news/obituar...karc13.article
>
> CARL N. KARCHER | 1917-2008
> Founder of Carl's Jr. fast-food chain
>

> I don't know if I've ever had one of the burgers, but I've heard it
> mentioned here.
> Dee Dee

There are a lot of Carl's Jr. burger shops in the Phoenix, some also
subtitled "Home of the Green Burrito". I think I've had their burgers
twice since we moved here. Nothing to write home about. I have no idea
what it is they're calling a Green Burrito. It's definitely not a place
about Mexican food, as such.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, 01(I)/20(XX)/08(MMVIII)
Today is: Feast of Septuagesima
Never let your schooling interfere
with your education.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun 20 Jan 2008 10:50:38p, Blinky the Shark told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> There are a lot of Carl's Jr. burger shops in the Phoenix, some also
>> subtitled "Home of the Green Burrito". I think I've had their burgers
>> twice since we moved here. Nothing to write home about. I have no idea
>> what it is they're calling a Green Burrito.

> It's a burrito formulated to reduce the eater's gaseous emissions.

Seriously? :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, 01(I)/20(XX)/08(MMVIII)
Today is: Feast of Septuagesima
Oxymoron: Soviet Life.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> There are a lot of Carl's Jr. burger shops in the Phoenix, some also
> subtitled "Home of the Green Burrito". I think I've had their burgers
> twice since we moved here. Nothing to write home about. I have no idea
> what it is they're calling a Green Burrito.

It's a burrito formulated to reduce the eater's gaseous emissions.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun 20 Jan 2008 11:33:35p, Blinky the Shark told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>> It's a burrito formulated to reduce the eater's gaseous emissions.
>>>

>> Seriously? :-)

> Have I ever lied to you?

I'm gullible enough to admit I don't know. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, 01(I)/20(XX)/08(MMVIII)
Today is: Feast of Septuagesima
'Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice
doggie!'... till you can find a rock.'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Sun 20 Jan 2008 10:50:38p, Blinky the Shark told us...
>
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>>> There are a lot of Carl's Jr. burger shops in the Phoenix, some also
>>> subtitled "Home of the Green Burrito". I think I've had their burgers
>>> twice since we moved here. Nothing to write home about. I have no
>>> idea what it is they're calling a Green Burrito.

>> It's a burrito formulated to reduce the eater's gaseous emissions.
>>

> Seriously? :-)

Have I ever lied to you?

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 22:33:35 -0800, Blinky the Shark
> wrote:

>Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>> It's a burrito formulated to reduce the eater's gaseous emissions.
>>>

>> Seriously? :-)

>Have I ever lied to you?

I never eat at Carl's Jr. so I googled.
http://www.answers.com/topic/green-burrito

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun 20 Jan 2008 11:55:34p, told us...

> On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 22:33:35 -0800, Blinky the Shark
> > wrote:
>
>>Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun 20 Jan 2008 10:50:38p, Blinky the Shark told us...

burgers

>>> Seriously? :-)

>>Have I ever lied to you?

> I never eat at Carl's Jr. so I googled.
> http://www.answers.com/topic/green-burrito

Yeah, but is there really a "green burrito"? :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, 01(I)/20(XX)/08(MMVIII)
Today is: Feast of Septuagesima
URA Redneck if you answer the door
with a baseball bat

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 06:58:03 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Sun 20 Jan 2008 11:55:34p, told us...
>
>> On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 22:33:35 -0800, Blinky the Shark
>> > wrote:

>burgers

>>>Have I ever lied to you?

>> I never eat at Carl's Jr. so I googled.
>> http://www.answers.com/topic/green-burrito
>>

>Yeah, but is there really a "green burrito"? :-)

As far as I can tell, there is only a Green Burrito (brand) taco
salad.

What it's supposed to look like
http://www.pe.com/imagesdaily/2006/0...urrito_300.jpg

What it really looks like
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1358/...fcfac5159e.jpg

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Sun 20 Jan 2008 11:33:35p, Blinky the Shark told us...
> >
> > Have I ever lied to you?
> >

> I'm gullible enough to admit I don't know. :-)
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright

It's a relief to know there are other folks who think they're gullible,
too.

Sky, who's been caught unaware too many times, too!

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
news
> Julie Bove wrote:
>

>> "Dee.Dee" > wrote in message
>>> http://www.suntimes.com/news/obituar...karc13.article
>>>
>>> CARL N. KARCHER | 1917-2008
>>> Founder of Carl's Jr. fast-food chain
>>>

>>> I don't know if I've ever had one of the burgers, but I've heard it
>>> mentioned here.

>> I never ate there. We used to live near one in CA. I'd occasionally get
>> their chicken stars for my daughter until I realized she was only playing
>> with them and not eating them. She went through a stage when she was
>> under 3 or so where she loved things in various shapes.
>>
>> Their food is too gloppy with sauce for me and everything seems to come
>> in
>> huge portions.

> I like their Crispy Chicken Sandwich. About a dollar. Bun, chicken,
> lettuse and some mayo. Not huge; not "gloopy with sauce". You just have
> to be familiar with their offerings and menu.

I never eat breaded, fried food. I have diabetes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
3.184...
> On Sun 20 Jan 2008 04:38:32p, Dee.Dee told us...
>
>> http://www.suntimes.com/news/obituar...karc13.article
>>
>> CARL N. KARCHER | 1917-2008
>> Founder of Carl's Jr. fast-food chain
>>

>> I don't know if I've ever had one of the burgers, but I've heard it
>> mentioned here.
>> Dee Dee
>>

> There are a lot of Carl's Jr. burger shops in the Phoenix, some also
> subtitled "Home of the Green Burrito". I think I've had their burgers
> twice since we moved here. Nothing to write home about. I have no idea
> what it is they're calling a Green Burrito. It's definitely not a place
> about Mexican food, as such.

I don't know either. They didn't have any Mexican food when I went there.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Sun 20 Jan 2008 11:33:35p, Blinky the Shark told us...
>
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun 20 Jan 2008 10:50:38p, Blinky the Shark told us...

>>> Seriously? :-)

>> Have I ever lied to you?
>>

> I'm gullible enough to admit I don't know. :-)

I have you right where I want you.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sky wrote:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>> On Sun 20 Jan 2008 11:33:35p, Blinky the Shark told us...
>> >
>> > Have I ever lied to you?
>> >

>> I'm gullible enough to admit I don't know. :-)
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright

> It's a relief to know there are other folks who think they're gullible,
> too.
>
> Sky, who's been caught unaware too many times, too!

It's weird that as much as we all think we know the word "gullible" it's
not actually in the dictionaries.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Sun 20 Jan 2008 11:55:34p, told us...
>
>> On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 22:33:35 -0800, Blinky the Shark
>> > wrote:

> burgers

>>>Have I ever lied to you?

>> I never eat at Carl's Jr. so I googled.
>> http://www.answers.com/topic/green-burrito
>>

> Yeah, but is there really a "green burrito"? :-)

And that page also lists a "related company": Red Burrito.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Even back when I ate fast food, I mostly avoided Carl's Jr.
due to Karcher's rightist politics. However there was
one stop along I-5 near Kettleman City where it was the
least unpalatable of the alternatives. I would usually
get the "western bacon cheeseburger".

I do not recall any green burrito, but this was in the late
70's and early 80's.

S.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
> news
>> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> I never ate there. We used to live near one in CA. I'd occasionally
>>> get their chicken stars for my daughter until I realized she was only
>>> playing with them and not eating them. She went through a stage when
>>> she was under 3 or so where she loved things in various shapes.
>>>
>>> Their food is too gloppy with sauce for me and everything seems to come
>>> in
>>> huge portions.

>> I like their Crispy Chicken Sandwich. About a dollar. Bun, chicken,
>> lettuse and some mayo. Not huge; not "gloopy with sauce". You just have
>> to be familiar with their offerings and menu.

> I never eat breaded, fried food. I have diabetes.

That's unfortunate, Julie. But that doesn't make all of their offerings
"gloopy with sauce" and "huge".

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Pope wrote:

> Even back when I ate fast food, I mostly avoided Carl's Jr. due to
> Karcher's rightist politics. However there was one stop along I-5 near
> Kettleman City where it was the least unpalatable of the alternatives. I
> would usually get the "western bacon cheeseburger".
>
> I do not recall any green burrito, but this was in the late 70's and early
> 80's.

It was only in Hawaii until at least (no earlier than) 1980.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Burrito

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Pope wrote:

> Even back when I ate fast food, I mostly avoided Carl's Jr. due to
> Karcher's rightist politics.

Okay, I wouldn't even know about the politics of someone like that. Do you
actually research the founders/owners/officers of companies to determine
if you will use their products?

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 21 Jan 2008 12:14:03a, told us...

> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 06:58:03 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>>On Sun 20 Jan 2008 11:55:34p, told us...
>>
>>> On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 22:33:35 -0800, Blinky the Shark

also

>>> I never eat at Carl's Jr. so I googled.
>>> http://www.answers.com/topic/green-burrito
>>>

>>Yeah, but is there really a "green burrito"? :-)

> As far as I can tell, there is only a Green Burrito (brand) taco
> salad.
>
> What it's supposed to look like
> http://www.pe.com/imagesdaily/2006/0...urrito_300.jpg
>
> What it really looks like
> http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1358/...fcfac5159e.jpg

Ugh!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Monday, 01(I)/21(XXI)/08(MMVIII)
Today is: Martin Luther King's Birthday
Some people confuse boredom with security.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 21 Jan 2008 01:00:28a, Sky told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>
>> On Sun 20 Jan 2008 11:33:35p, Blinky the Shark told us...
>> >
>> > Have I ever lied to you?
>> >

>> I'm gullible enough to admit I don't know. :-)
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright

> It's a relief to know there are other folks who think they're gullible,
> too.
>
> Sky, who's been caught unaware too many times, too!

Thanks, Sky!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Monday, 01(I)/21(XXI)/08(MMVIII)
Today is: Martin Luther King's Birthday
Some people confuse boredom with security.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 21 Jan 2008 01:16:29a, Blinky the Shark told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>> Have I ever lied to you?
>>>

>> I'm gullible enough to admit I don't know. :-)

> I have you right where I want you.

Apparently, you do. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Monday, 01(I)/21(XXI)/08(MMVIII)
Today is: Martin Luther King's Birthday
Some people confuse boredom with security.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .net>,
Blinky the Shark > wrote:

> Steve Pope wrote:
>
> > Even back when I ate fast food, I mostly avoided Carl's Jr. due to
> > Karcher's rightist politics.

> Okay, I wouldn't even know about the politics of someone like that. Do you
> actually research the founders/owners/officers of companies to determine
> if you will use their products?

Usually, when a prominant business owner supports a politician in the
United States, he or she is very vocal about it. Also, most non-profit
organizations list their donors publicly. Any politician who receives
over a certain amount of money from any individual or organization is
also required to say so. As a result, its not hard to figure out the
political leanings of wealthy individuals if they put their money where
their mouth is. I bet if you google "Karl N. Karcher" you'll find plenty
of information.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote in :

> What it really looks like
> http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1358/...fcfac5159e.jpg

Yuck.
Though I never liked Carl Jr. anyhow.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark > wrote:

>Steve Pope wrote:

>> Even back when I ate fast food, I mostly avoided Carl's Jr. due to
>> Karcher's rightist politics.

>Okay, I wouldn't even know about the politics of someone like that. Do you
>actually research the founders/owners/officers of companies to determine
>if you will use their products?

It was common knowledge among progressives that Karcher was a
winger -- anti-***, anti-abortion, etc.

Do I personally research this stuff? Sometimes.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Sky wrote:
>
>> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>>
>>> On Sun 20 Jan 2008 11:33:35p, Blinky the Shark told us...

>>> I'm gullible enough to admit I don't know. :-)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Wayne Boatwright

>> It's a relief to know there are other folks who think they're
>> gullible, too.
>>
>> Sky, who's been caught unaware too many times, too!

> It's weird that as much as we all think we know the word "gullible"
> it's not actually in the dictionaries.

It most certainly is!

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gullible

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"l, not -l" wrote:

> > It's weird that as much as we all think we know the word "gullible" it's
> > not actually in the dictionaries.
> >

> > --
> > Blinky

> Guess it depends on your ditionary; it's in my hardbound Websters Unabridged
> and the Merriam-Webster online;
> http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?gullible

Maybe he was just fishing to see who was gullible enough to look it up. :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> Sky wrote:

>>> It's a relief to know there are other folks who think they're
>>> gullible, too.
>>>
>>> Sky, who's been caught unaware too many times, too!

>> It's weird that as much as we all think we know the word "gullible"
>> it's not actually in the dictionaries.

> It most certainly is!
>
> http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gullible

And I don't know anyone gullible enough to think it is not!
:-))
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Blinky the Shark" > wrote
> I like their Crispy Chicken Sandwich. About a dollar. Bun, chicken,
> lettuse and some mayo. Not huge; not "gloopy with sauce". You just have
> to be familiar with their offerings and menu.

Sounds like Chick Filet--only $4 cheaper.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> "l, not -l" wrote:
>
> > > It's weird that as much as we all think we know the word "gullible" it's
> > > not actually in the dictionaries.

> > > --
> > > Blinky

> > Guess it depends on your ditionary; it's in my hardbound Websters Unabridged
> > and the Merriam-Webster online;
> >http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?gullible

> Maybe he was just fishing to see who was gullible enough to look it up. *:-)

It's...it's...it's GULLICIDE...!!!

From uk.local.london from years ago:

Gullicide:

"this bloody sea gull is screeching all bloody day and when I go out
on my balcony it keeps on divebombing me then it sits on the top of
the building and watches me. Every bloody time I go out on the balcony
it starts flying in circles round me making this god-awful noise. Can
Ijust kill the f*****r ? Does anyone have an air-rifle I could borrow
(or would I get a swat team bursting through the windows. I'm a bit
worried with a catapult since I'm not particularly dextrous and there
are neighbours windows opposite but put that little ****er in a cross-
sight and kaboom like a burst pillow. ******* bird is screeching
again...

[reply]

There is a way to do it, it's kinda sick though. You need some
bicarbonated soda, cheap from any chemist, and some bread. Insert
lumps of the bicarb into the bread and then feed the birds. Then get
inside quickly or wear some disposable clothing...

What happens is the bicarb fizzes up in the bird's stomach just like
it doesin water. But when the bird gets a bad attack of gas it panics
(rightly so in this case) and flies off. Actually it flies high, as
high as it can get, which is a bad move. The fizzing bicarb increases
the atmospheric pressure in the bird's stomach while outside the
pressure drops as it flies higher and higher. Within about 30 seconds
the bird explodes in a very messy cloudof feathers, blood and guts.

Hey kids! You know you really shouldn't but why don't you try this at
home ?"

</>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 03:17:11 -0800, Blinky the Shark
> wrote:

>Steve Pope wrote:
>
>> Even back when I ate fast food, I mostly avoided Carl's Jr. due to
>> Karcher's rightist politics. However there was one stop along I-5 near
>> Kettleman City where it was the least unpalatable of the alternatives. I
>> would usually get the "western bacon cheeseburger".
>>
>> I do not recall any green burrito, but this was in the late 70's and early
>> 80's.

>It was only in Hawaii until at least (no earlier than) 1980.
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Burrito

Clean off your glasses, Blinkster.

"Originally, Green Burrito was an independent restaurant in Hawaiian
Gardens, *California*.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2008-01-21 03:17:27 -0800, Blinky the Shark > said:

> Steve Pope wrote:
>
>> Even back when I ate fast food, I mostly avoided Carl's Jr. due to
>> Karcher's rightist politics.

> Okay, I wouldn't even know about the politics of someone like that. Do you
> actually research the founders/owners/officers of companies to determine
> if you will use their products?

Not a s a rule--but when thery're way out there fo all to see, I do
take note. Karcher's active support for extreme right-wing causes goes
way back. He was biggest financial supporter of the Briggs Initiative
in California, the first anti-*** ballot initiative, back in 1978 (it
would have fired all *** teachers and public school employees, and
anyone who put forth the opinion that being *** was an acceptable way
to live). He was a big supporter of John Schmitz, who was a far-right
loony and John Birch Society member (and, at the time, the state
senator for my district in Newport Beach). He gave to the campaign to
defeat the Equal righta Ammendment, and anti-choice organizations, and
oher causes I strongly disagreed with.

He had the perfect right to do all that, of course--I just wans't
willing to give him any of my money to do it with.

--
MaryMc

(remove the obvious to reply)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

MaryMc > wrote:

> Blinky the Shark > said:

>> Steve Pope wrote:

>>> Even back when I ate fast food, I mostly avoided Carl's Jr. due to
>>> Karcher's rightist politics.

>> Okay, I wouldn't even know about the politics of someone like that. Do you
>> actually research the founders/owners/officers of companies to determine
>> if you will use their products?

>Not a s a rule--but when thery're way out there fo all to see, I do
>take note. Karcher's active support for extreme right-wing causes goes
>way back. He was biggest financial supporter of the Briggs Initiative
>in California, the first anti-*** ballot initiative, back in 1978 (it
>would have fired all *** teachers and public school employees, and
>anyone who put forth the opinion that being *** was an acceptable way
>to live). He was a big supporter of John Schmitz, who was a far-right
>loony and John Birch Society member (and, at the time, the state
>senator for my district in Newport Beach). He gave to the campaign to
>defeat the Equal rights Ammendment, and anti-choice organizations, and
>other causes I strongly disagreed with.

Thanks for filling in the details.

I would have to add that anyone U.S.-based (or at least, in California)
who hasn't heard about Karcher's politics probably doesn't follow
these issues to begin with.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 21 Jan 2008 09:08:34a, l, not -l told us...

> If you are familiar with Hardee's, you are familiar with Carl Jr's. For
> quite a few years, they have both been owned by the same parent corp
> (CKE) and use the same basic menu of Angus Thickburgers, chicken and
> fish sandwiches. The difference between the two is primarily West vs.
> the Rest; Carl's dresses up their thickburgers with portabella and
> cheese, while Hardees' has mushroom (unspecified variety) and Swiss.
> Carl's slathers some with stuff it calls Teriyaki or Quacamole, Hardee's
> uses some other glop.
>
> Some Carl's locations (maybe all by now) try to cater to "mexican food"
> lovers with its Green Burrito menu items; many Hardee's locations are
> being co-branded as Hardee's/Red Burrito and have similar, if not the
> same, "mexican food" (burrito, taco salad, etc.) as the Green Burrito
> locations.
>
> It's a matter of geography which you have been exposed to.

Yes, we had Hardee's back in OH. Didn't like them either.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Monday, 01(I)/21(XXI)/08(MMVIII)
Today is: Martin Luther King's Birthday
DEVICE=EXXON.SYS may mess up your
environment

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 03:17:11 -0800, Blinky the Shark >
> wrote:
>
>>Steve Pope wrote:
>>
>>> Even back when I ate fast food, I mostly avoided Carl's Jr. due to
>>> Karcher's rightist politics. However there was one stop along I-5 near
>>> Kettleman City where it was the least unpalatable of the alternatives.
>>> I would usually get the "western bacon cheeseburger".
>>>
>>> I do not recall any green burrito, but this was in the late 70's and
>>> early 80's.

>>It was only in Hawaii until at least (no earlier than) 1980.
>>
>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Burrito

> Clean off your glasses, Blinkster.
>
> "Originally, Green Burrito was an independent restaurant in Hawaiian
> Gardens, *California*.

Y'know, sharks don't look very good in glasses.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 21 Jan 2008 09:13:32a, Ophelia told us...

> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> Sky wrote:

>>> It's a relief to know there are other folks who think they're
>>> gullible, too.
>>>
>>> Sky, who's been caught unaware too many times, too!

>> It's weird that as much as we all think we know the word "gullible"
>> it's not actually in the dictionaries.

> It most certainly is!
>
> http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gullible

Is that as in "Gullible's Travels"?

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Monday, 01(I)/21(XXI)/08(MMVIII)
Today is: Martin Luther King's Birthday
DEVICE=EXXON.SYS may mess up your
environment

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan Horwitz wrote:

> In article .net>,
> Blinky the Shark > wrote:
>
>> Steve Pope wrote:
>>
>> > Even back when I ate fast food, I mostly avoided Carl's Jr. due to
>> > Karcher's rightist politics.

>> Okay, I wouldn't even know about the politics of someone like that. Do
>> you actually research the founders/owners/officers of companies to
>> determine if you will use their products?

> Usually, when a prominant business owner supports a politician in the
> United States, he or she is very vocal about it. Also, most non-profit
> organizations list their donors publicly. Any politician who receives over
> a certain amount of money from any individual or organization is also
> required to say so. As a result, its not hard to figure out the political
> leanings of wealthy individuals if they put their money where their mouth
> is. I bet if you google "Karl N. Karcher" you'll find plenty of
> information.

Not that I care about his politics, but yeah, I guess that makes sense.

HEY CARL [email protected] Wine 0 26-08-2012 02:47 AM
Where to get Carl's ? ? ? Ray[_7_] Sourdough 2 11-07-2008 11:59 AM
Carl's Starter George Rupp Sourdough 4 11-05-2007 09:45 PM
What's new at Carl's Jr. darkcat General Cooking 0 12-04-2007 08:28 AM
Thanks for everything, Carl, but... Ben Sunshine-Hill Sourdough 23 17-02-2006 06:19 AM