Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Default Carl's Starter

I dropped out of sourdough bread making several years ago and no
longer have any starter.
I had a start from a Carl person who kindly sent me some powder in a
self addressed envelope. It was an Oregon Trail mix.
Does anyone know of Carl and whether he still shares his mix?
This makes me a newbie.
Thanks George Rupp

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Well, Carl has passed on to that great bakery in the sky, but his starter is
still available, thanks to Carl's friends.
http://home.att.net/~carlsfriends/

Carl's is a great starter, I use it weekly

--

Mike S.

"George Rupp" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> I dropped out of sourdough bread making several years ago and no
> longer have any starter.
> I had a start from a Carl person who kindly sent me some powder in a
> self addressed envelope. It was an Oregon Trail mix.
> Does anyone know of Carl and whether he still shares his mix?
> This makes me a newbie.
> Thanks George Rupp

Posted to rec.food.sourdough

Mike S. wrote:
> Well, Carl has passed on to that great bakery in the sky, but his starter is
> still available, thanks to Carl's friends.
> http://home.att.net/~carlsfriends/
>
> Carl's is a great starter, I use it weekly

I went through the website and
send off a SASE about 3-4
weeks ago and have received
nothing yet...sigh

Nicki with her patient hat on
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

On Wed, 09 May 2007 10:01:09 -0700, Nicki Sinclair
> wrote:

>Mike S. wrote:
>> Well, Carl has passed on to that great bakery in the sky, but his starter is
>> still available, thanks to Carl's friends.
>> http://home.att.net/~carlsfriends/
>>
>> Carl's is a great starter, I use it weekly
>>

>I went through the website and
>send off a SASE about 3-4
>weeks ago and have received
>nothing yet...sigh
>
>Nicki with her patient hat on

Nikki, I think the length of time required to fill requests depends on
when the request is received, relative to drying a batch of starter to
fill the requests.

Mine took about 3 or 4 weeks too, as I recall. I imagine you'll get
it soon.

It's worth the wait!
Posted to rec.food.sourdough

I recall it took a month or so when I got mine too, so be patient.

--

Mike S.

"Nicki Sinclair" > wrote in message
. ..
> Mike S. wrote:
>> Well, Carl has passed on to that great bakery in the sky, but his starter
>> is still available, thanks to Carl's friends.
>> http://home.att.net/~carlsfriends/
>>
>> Carl's is a great starter, I use it weekly
>>

> I went through the website and send off a SASE about 3-4 weeks ago and
> have received nothing yet...sigh
>
> Nicki with her patient hat on

Carl's Starter + Mike's San Franciso Starter Recipe, First Attempt Yah Evets Sourdough 4 05-05-2009 07:47 PM
Carl's starter Nicki Sinclair Sourdough 13 28-05-2007 03:33 PM
Carl's starter Jeff Miller Sourdough 1 22-05-2007 08:07 PM
San Francisco sourdough starter and Carl's starter June Hughes Sourdough 7 29-03-2007 07:48 PM
Friends of Carl Starter and Liquid Starter Rod & BJ Sourdough 5 26-10-2003 07:48 PM