Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Meatball recipe?

"Cshenk" > wrote in message
>I was thinking to make some today but I do not want to go out to get
>anything. I normally have some bread to put in it to help 'bind' but all I
>have is 2 slices of pumpernickle (which I need for something else).
>
> I have lots of cooked leftover rice and eggs etc.
>
> Any recipes? Like to start making this in about 4-5 hours. I'll look in
> my own MM database, but a 'TnT' recipe would be good. Looking for ones I
> can bake in the oven then use some with a tomato basil sauce over spagetti
> (freeze the rest for later use). 1/2 to 1 inch balls preferred (most
> recipes can be rolled to whatever size bt I mention it as some are
> specific).

Ask Nancy Young for hers. The one with grape jelly.

<eg>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cshenk" > wrote

> "Harry" wrote

>> Ask Nancy Young for hers. The one with grape jelly.

> Thanks Harry! Sorry, I forgot to mention we have to be careful about
> sugars. Not Diabetic, the 'other type who has to be careful'. Due to
> this, we have an underdeveloped 'sweets taste' and little use for sweet
> recipes.

Heh, Harry's being a wiseguy. People like those grape jelly meatballs,
not me. I don't like chocolate in my chili, either. Grape jelly is okay on
peanut butter sandwiches, I don't want it in my meatballs.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 11:14:01 -0800, "Cshenk" >
wrote:

>I was thinking to make some today but I do not want to go out to get
>anything. I normally have some bread to put in it to help 'bind' but all I
>have is 2 slices of pumpernickle (which I need for something else).

I don't like any hint bread in meatballs or meatloaf, but an egg or
two to bind is fine. Throw in some finely chopped onion and use
whatever seasonings you prefer on beef. I like garlic, thyme and a
dash of L&P. Which sauce are you putting them in? Red or white?

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cshenk wrote:
> I was thinking to make some today but I do not want to go out to get
> anything. I normally have some bread to put in it to help 'bind' but all I
> have is 2 slices of pumpernickle (which I need for something else).
>
> I have lots of cooked leftover rice and eggs etc.
>
> Any recipes? Like to start making this in about 4-5 hours. I'll look in my
> own MM database, but a 'TnT' recipe would be good. Looking for ones I can
> bake in the oven then use some with a tomato basil sauce over spagetti
> (freeze the rest for later use). 1/2 to 1 inch balls preferred (most
> recipes can be rolled to whatever size bt I mention it as some are
> specific).

I just make mine by rote..no real recipe...ground beef, bread, onion
(finely chopped...shredded works great), salt, pepper, basil and a
splash of milk.

--
-Gina in Italy

http://www.myspace.com/ravenlynne1975
I'm a blogger: http://ravenwolflodge.blogspot.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cshenk wrote:
> "Harry" wrote
>
>> "Cshenk" > wrote in message
>>> I was thinking to make some today but I do not want to go out to get
>>> anything. I normally have some bread to put in it to help 'bind' but all
>>> I have is 2 slices of pumpernickle (which I need for something else).
>>>
>>> I have lots of cooked leftover rice and eggs etc.
>>>
>>> Any recipes? Like to start making this in about 4-5 hours. I'll look in
>>> my own MM database, but a 'TnT' recipe would be good. Looking for ones I
>>> can bake in the oven then use some with a tomato basil sauce over
>>> spagetti (freeze the rest for later use). 1/2 to 1 inch balls preferred
>>> (most recipes can be rolled to whatever size bt I mention it as some are
>>> specific).
>>>

>> Ask Nancy Young for hers. The one with grape jelly.

> Thanks Harry! Sorry, I forgot to mention we have to be careful about
> sugars. Not Diabetic, the 'other type who has to be careful'. Due to this,
> we have an underdeveloped 'sweets taste' and little use for sweet recipes.
>
> I have however been told by others that some of those grape jelly ones are
> actually suprisingly good! Just the wrong house to make use of them.

We like them at my house, but we're "different".

--
-Gina in Italy

http://www.myspace.com/ravenlynne1975
I'm a blogger: http://ravenwolflodge.blogspot.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 11, 9:35 am, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 11:14:01 -0800, "Cshenk" >
> wrote:
>
> >I was thinking to make some today but I do not want to go out to get
> >anything. I normally have some bread to put in it to help 'bind' but all I
> >have is 2 slices of pumpernickle (which I need for something else).

> I don't like any hint bread in meatballs or meatloaf, but an egg or
> two to bind is fine. Throw in some finely chopped onion and use
> whatever seasonings you prefer on beef. I like garlic, thyme and a
> dash of L&P. Which sauce are you putting them in? Red or white?
>
> --
> See return address to reply by email
> remove the smiley face first

I prefer to use breadcrumbs and egg as a binder and then use the onion
and oregano as a spice. I also like to brown the meat balls and then
cook them by simmering them in the tomato sauce.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Harry" wrote

> "Cshenk" > wrote in message
>>I was thinking to make some today but I do not want to go out to get
>>anything. I normally have some bread to put in it to help 'bind' but all
>>I have is 2 slices of pumpernickle (which I need for something else).
>>
>> I have lots of cooked leftover rice and eggs etc.
>>
>> Any recipes? Like to start making this in about 4-5 hours. I'll look in
>> my own MM database, but a 'TnT' recipe would be good. Looking for ones I
>> can bake in the oven then use some with a tomato basil sauce over
>> spagetti (freeze the rest for later use). 1/2 to 1 inch balls preferred
>> (most recipes can be rolled to whatever size bt I mention it as some are
>> specific).
>>

> Ask Nancy Young for hers. The one with grape jelly.

Thanks Harry! Sorry, I forgot to mention we have to be careful about
sugars. Not Diabetic, the 'other type who has to be careful'. Due to this,
we have an underdeveloped 'sweets taste' and little use for sweet recipes.

I have however been told by others that some of those grape jelly ones are
actually suprisingly good! Just the wrong house to make use of them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" wrote

> "Cshenk" > wrote
>> "Harry" wrote

>>> Ask Nancy Young for hers. The one with grape jelly.

>> Thanks Harry! Sorry, I forgot to mention we have to be careful about
>> sugars. Not Diabetic, the 'other type who has to be careful'. Due to
>> this, we have an underdeveloped 'sweets taste' and little use for sweet
>> recipes.

> Heh, Harry's being a wiseguy. People like those grape jelly meatballs,
> not me. I don't like chocolate in my chili, either. Grape jelly is okay
> on
> peanut butter sandwiches, I don't want it in my meatballs.

Same here. Pinapple and ones with lots of brown sugar are out too for us.
Althogh I tolerate a reasonable amount of sweet-n-sour or -sweet-n-hot in
saucing, this time the meatballs need to fit other uses such as spagetti and
soups.

I've since looked over my MM archives and found several interesting ones,
useful for today. I had forgotten you can also use crackers or potatoes
(have cooked and raw but no shredder so would be the cooked ones if doing
that).

I'll add notes at the bottom of each. If it has a sauce or pasta with it,
I'm only looking at the meatbals themselves in these.

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

Title: ORIENTAL MEATBALLS
Categories: Chinese, Meatballs
Yield: 6 Servings

1/2 c Uncooked short grain rice
3/4 lb Lean ground pork
2 Water chestnuts
3 ts Dried shrimp, soaked/minced
1 Stalk green onion, minced
1/2 ts Minced ginger
2 tb Chopped carrot
2 ts Soya sauce
4 ts Cornstarch
1 Egg white
3/4 ts Sugar
3/4 ts Salt
Pinch white pepper

Soak rice in warm water for 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Drain well and set
aside. Mix pork with the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Form into
14 meat balls: take a fistful of the mixture and squeeze out a
meatball between your thumb and index finger. Use a wet soup spoon
to remove meatballs from your fist. Roll the meatballs in the soaked
rice until evenly coated. Gently press rice into meatballs. Steam
over high heat for 25-30 minutes. Add more water to the steamer if
necessary. Serve with soya sauce, if desired.

Pearls can be kept in the refrigerator and resteamed.

MMMMM

I do not have green onion (have fresh chives, red onion and white), water
chesnuts, but the kicker is no cornstarch. Looks decent though. Might not
be optimal fr the tomato basil sauce.

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

Title: ORIENTAL NOODLES & MEATBALLS
Categories: Main dish, Low-cal, Meatballs
Yield: 6 Servings

6 oz Fresh chinese noodles OR
4 oz Dry vermicelli
1/2 c Condensed beef broth
1/3 c Water
1 tb Soy sauce
1 ts Cornstarch
2 Green onion, with 2" tops

MMMMM---------------------ORIENTAL MEATBALLS--------------------------
12 oz Extra-lean beef
4 oz Lean pork(15% fat)
1/4 c Mushrooms, chopped
1 ts Ginger, fresh, shredded
2 tb Green onion, chopped
2 tb Soy sauce
1 ts Sesame oil

To Make Oriental Meatballs: preheat oven to 375F. In a medium bowl,
combine all ingredients. Roll heaping teaspoons of meat mixture into
30 balls of about 1/2 inch diameter. Place on a nonstick 15" x 10"
jelly roll pan, or coat pan with non-stick vegetable spray. Bake in
preheated oven until lightly browned, 10 - 15 minutes. Drain off any
drippings before serving. Makes 30 meatballs. While meatballs bake,
cook noodles in lightly salted boiling water, until just tender. Cook
fresh noodles 3 - 5 minutes, cook dry noodles 5 - 7 minutes. Drain
cooked noodles; rinse with hot water. Pour noodles into a medium
bowl; keep warm. In saucepan used to cook noodles, combine broth, 1/3
C water, soy sauce and cornstarch. Bring to a boil, stirring
constantly. Add drained noodles; stir gently until coated. Cut green
onions into brushes or into 2-inch pieces. Cut each piece length wise
into thin strips. For small serving (305 calories) spoon 1/2 Cup of
noodles onto each place. Top with 5 meatballs. For large serving (610
calories) spoon 1 Cup of noodles on each plate. Top with 10
meatballs. For all menus garnish with green onion strips or brushes.
Makes 6 small servings, or 3 large servings

MMMMM

Can do but don't have the ground pork nor my grinder yet. Grinder with rest
of my household goods still. Am leery of how well it will 'bind'.

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

Title: PORK U PINE MEATBALLS
Categories: Appetizers, Meatballs
Yield: 6 Servings

3 lb Ground beef
1 1/2 c Of rice
1 Very large onion, chopped
2 cn Tomato sauce

Mix ground beef, onions, rice, roll into balls. Place meatballs in
pan and pour tomato sauce over. Bake at
350 degrees for 1 hour.

Randy Rigg

MMMMM

Looks dead simple but unsure if rice is precooked or not. Can do either but
rather use up some cooked. Not enough spices though for us. Could make the
base with additions?

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

Title: CUTLIS (MEATBALLS)
Categories: Main dish, Meatballs
Yield: 1 Servings

225 g Beef
2 5 g salt
1/2 ts Black pepper
25 ml Vinegar
450 g Potato
1 Onion
3 Sprigs mint leaves
1 Green chilli
1 Stalk celery
1 1/4 Litres oil
1 Egg
50 g Breadcrumbs

Mince the beef and season with salt, pepper and vinegar. Boil and
mash the potato and chop the onion, mint leaves, chilli and celery.
Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the beef and cook for 3-4 minutes
until browned. Add the onion, mint leaves, chilli and celery and
cook until the onion has softened slightly. Add the mashed potato and
mix well together. Roll into small balls or flat cakes. Beat the eggs
and coat the cutlis with the egg before dipping into the breadcrumbs.
Heat the oil and deep fry the cutlis until browned. Drain well From:
"A taste of Sri Lanka" by Indra Jayasekera, ISBN 962 224
010 CURRY VINAIGRETTE

MMMMM

This one has problems I think. It looks like someone not sure of metrics
tried to use them? Proportions seem all wrong too. Skip with exception
that it shows use of potatoes.

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

Title: MEATBALLS...FAMILY
Categories: Main dish, American, Meatballs
Yield: 1 Servings

20 ea Premium crackers
1 lb Ground beef
1/2 ts Onion; chopped
1 ts Italian seasoning
1 1/2 ts Poultry seasoning
1 ea Egg
1 x Milk; to moisten

DIRECTIONS ~------------------------------------------------------
~--- MIX ALL INGREDIENTS TOGETHER. ADD ENOUGH MILK TO MOISTEN. BAKE
AT 375 FOR 1 HR. MEATBALLS COOK AT 350 FOR 40 MIN.

MMMMM

I like this one overall for it's simple approach and the reminder of
crackers in place of bread crumbs. Only thing that seems 'wrong' is it
seems to be cooked too long? Use Zatar inplace of 'italian seasonng'

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

Title: NORWEGIAN MEATBALLS
Categories: Diabetic, Main dish, Norwegian, Meatballs
Yield: 6 Servings

2 tb Cornstarch
3/4 ts Salt (optional)
1/2 ts Nutmeg
2 Lg egg whites
3/4 c Skim milk
1 lb Very lean ground beef
2/3 c Cream of mushroom soup

Place first 4 ingredients and 1/4 cup milk in mixer bowl and mix at
low speed to blend well. Add beef to mixer bowl and mix at low speed
to blend well. Shape 18 meatballs using about 1 1/2 tablespoons mix
per meatball. (The mixture will be soft.) Place in a 9 x 13 pan that
has been lined with aluminum foil or sprayed with cooking spray. Bake
30 minutes at 375F.
Remove from pan while still hot and place in a 1 1/2 quart
casserole. Mix soup and remaining 1/2 cup milk well and pour over
meatballs. Cover and bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Serve 3 meatballs
per serving with a little of the sauce. 1 serving = 1 vegetable, 2
lean meat calories = 148

MMMMM

Just looked interesting, but not the right thing.

I saw several others I didnt export that did use rice. One was close to
this but you rolled the meatball in soaked rice (cooked would work). Again,
no cornstarch <g>.

No matter what you try, restocking a kitchen from blank cupboards takes a
whle to seal the holes on staples. I hadn't thought of cornstarch yet til
now. I'll get some and some mochi flour next trip.

So far, the 'Family Meatballs' seems to have the most potential. Roll them
in cooked rice and up the spicing a bit? Cook at 350 for 20 mins then
look'em over. They will get a little additional cooking in the sauce later.
I still have 2.5 hours (can make it 3.5 easy and push to 4 with little
trouble) before I need the start them for dinner so can see if another has
any 'Tried-n-True' versions that fit my needs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote in message

> On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 11:14:01 -0800, "Cshenk" >
> wrote:
>
>>I was thinking to make some today but I do not want to go out to get
>>anything. I normally have some bread to put in it to help 'bind' but all
>>have is 2 slices of pumpernickle (which I need for something else).

> I don't like any hint bread in meatballs or meatloaf, but an egg or
> two to bind is fine. Throw in some finely chopped onion and use
> whatever seasonings you prefer on beef. I like garlic, thyme and a
> dash of L&P. Which sauce are you putting them in? Red or white?

Going for tonight in a standard 'Classico' spagetti sauce, Tomato Basil.
Until my crockpots arrive, I don't want to make my own sauce and i needed
the cool looking jar for other things (grin). I don't make 'italian'
meatballs often. In fact, I seldom make beef ones at all. Ground Beef in
Sasebo was *very expensive* compared to stateside prices. I usually was
making fishball 'meatballs' (totally different steps I assure you). Fir
meatloaf and metballs, we always have lots of leftover bread from the
breadmaker so used up the dried ends with anything that needed it.

You'll see a longer post with 6 interesting ones i exported. None optimal
but one comes close (Family Meatballs). I think now that you mention it,
that one uses too many crackers. Adapt that down and should work ok? It
sounds like you may like the Norwegian meatballs for your uses?

[...]

Not sure you want that much mushroom sauce but you can see how it can be
edited out.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 11, 3:05 pm, "Cshenk" > wrote:
> <sf> wrote in message
> > On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 11:14:01 -0800, "Cshenk" >
> > wrote:

> >>I was thinking to make some today but I do not want to go out to get
> >>anything. I normally have some bread to put in it to help 'bind' but all
> >>have is 2 slices of pumpernickle (which I need for something else).

> > I don't like any hint bread in meatballs or meatloaf, but an egg or
> > two to bind is fine. Throw in some finely chopped onion and use
> > whatever seasonings you prefer on beef. I like garlic, thyme and a
> > dash of L&P. Which sauce are you putting them in? Red or white?

> Going for tonight in a standard 'Classico' spagetti sauce, Tomato Basil.
> Until my crockpots arrive, I don't want to make my own sauce and i needed
> the cool looking jar for other things (grin). I don't make 'italian'
> meatballs often. In fact, I seldom make beef ones at all. Ground Beef in
> Sasebo was *very expensive* compared to stateside prices. I usually was
> making fishball 'meatballs' (totally different steps I assure you). Fir
> meatloaf and metballs, we always have lots of leftover bread from the
> breadmaker so used up the dried ends with anything that needed it.
>
> You'll see a longer post with 6 interesting ones i exported. None optimal
> but one comes close (Family Meatballs). I think now that you mention it,
> that one uses too many crackers. Adapt that down and should work ok? It
> sounds like you may like the Norwegian meatballs for your uses?
>
> MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06
>
> Title: NORWEGIAN MEATBALLS
> Categories: Diabetic, Main dish, Norwegian, Meatballs
> Yield: 6 Servings
>
> 2 tb Cornstarch
> 3/4 ts Salt (optional)
> 1/2 ts Nutmeg
> 2 Lg egg whites
> 3/4 c Skim milk
> 1 lb Very lean ground beef
> 2/3 c Cream of mushroom soup
>
> Place first 4 ingredients and 1/4 cup milk in mixer bowl and mix at
> low speed to blend well. Add beef to mixer bowl and mix at low speed
> to blend well. Shape 18 meatballs using about 1 1/2 tablespoons mix
> per meatball. (The mixture will be soft.) Place in a 9 x 13 pan that
> has been lined with aluminum foil or sprayed with cooking spray. Bake
> 30 minutes at 375F.
> Remove from pan while still hot and place in a 1 1/2 quart
> casserole. Mix soup and remaining 1/2 cup milk well and pour over
> meatballs. Cover and bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Serve 3 meatballs
> per serving with a little of the sauce. 1 serving = 1 vegetable, 2
> lean meat calories = 148
>
> MMMMM
>
> Not sure you want that much mushroom sauce but you can see how it can be
> edited out.

What a crappy recipe. I think that people can find their own crappy
recipes without your help. What's for dessert, a Jello mold?

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bobo Bonobo® wrote:
> On Nov 11, 3:05 pm, "Cshenk" > wrote:
>> <sf> wrote in message
>>> I don't like any hint bread in meatballs or meatloaf, but an egg or
>>> two to bind is fine. Throw in some finely chopped onion and use
>>> whatever seasonings you prefer on beef. I like garlic, thyme and a
>>> dash of L&P. Which sauce are you putting them in? Red or white?

>> Going for tonight in a standard 'Classico' spagetti sauce, Tomato Basil.
>> Until my crockpots arrive, I don't want to make my own sauce and i needed
>> the cool looking jar for other things (grin). I don't make 'italian'
>> meatballs often. In fact, I seldom make beef ones at all. Ground Beef in
>> Sasebo was *very expensive* compared to stateside prices. I usually was
>> making fishball 'meatballs' (totally different steps I assure you). Fir
>> meatloaf and metballs, we always have lots of leftover bread from the
>> breadmaker so used up the dried ends with anything that needed it.
>>
>> You'll see a longer post with 6 interesting ones i exported. None optimal
>> but one comes close (Family Meatballs). I think now that you mention it,
>> that one uses too many crackers. Adapt that down and should work ok? It
>> sounds like you may like the Norwegian meatballs for your uses?
>>
>> MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06
>>
>> Title: NORWEGIAN MEATBALLS
>> Categories: Diabetic, Main dish, Norwegian, Meatballs
>> Yield: 6 Servings
>>
>> 2 tb Cornstarch
>> 3/4 ts Salt (optional)
>> 1/2 ts Nutmeg
>> 2 Lg egg whites
>> 3/4 c Skim milk
>> 1 lb Very lean ground beef
>> 2/3 c Cream of mushroom soup
>>
>> Place first 4 ingredients and 1/4 cup milk in mixer bowl and mix at
>> low speed to blend well. Add beef to mixer bowl and mix at low speed
>> to blend well. Shape 18 meatballs using about 1 1/2 tablespoons mix
>> per meatball. (The mixture will be soft.) Place in a 9 x 13 pan that
>> has been lined with aluminum foil or sprayed with cooking spray. Bake
>> 30 minutes at 375F.
>> Remove from pan while still hot and place in a 1 1/2 quart
>> casserole. Mix soup and remaining 1/2 cup milk well and pour over
>> meatballs. Cover and bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Serve 3 meatballs
>> per serving with a little of the sauce. 1 serving = 1 vegetable, 2
>> lean meat calories = 148
>>
>> MMMMM
>>
>> Not sure you want that much mushroom sauce but you can see how it can be
>> edited out.

> What a crappy recipe. I think that people can find their own crappy
> recipes without your help. What's for dessert, a Jello mold?
>
> --Bryan

Ok, so instead of the cream of mushroom soup, you make a roux, add cream
or milk to make a sauce, then add some sauteed onion and mushrooms.
sounds fine to me; I've made meatballs like that (but with whole eggs) a
million times. I prefer to pan-fry them, but baking works if you are not
inclined to futz with the skillet.

--

Sarah Gray
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 11, 9:15 pm, "Cshenk" > wrote:
> "Bobo Bonobo®" wrote
>
> > What a crappy recipe. I think that people can find their own crappy
> > recipes without your help. What's for dessert, a Jello mold?

> > --Bryan

> Why are you here? I've not seen you post a single recipe or anything
> positive yet. In fact, you are a slightly more polite version of Sheldon.
> Have i missed something of worth?

Better than re-posting crappy, White trash recipes with condensed
soups in the ingredients that were found on a website. Better than
using fake chicken powder instead of real broth.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Abe, made them. I used a mix and match of your recipe and the 'Meatballs,
Family' one posted earlier.

I added a little worstershire, rice and crackers (where your matzo is) and
Zatar for your seasonings. A bit more onion, and left out the tomato paste
as they will later cook in such. Going at 375 for 30 mins then will check.

"Abe" > wrote in message

>>"Abe" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> My classic Italian meatballs:
>>>
>>> 1 lb lean ground chuck
>>> 1 lb lean ground pork
>>> 1 lb lean ground veal
>>> 2 extra large eggs
>>> 1/2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
>>> 1/2 teaspoon salt
>>> 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
>>> 2 teaspoons dried Italian herb seasoning mix
>>> 1 8oz can plain tomato sauce
>>> 1/4 to 1/3 cup quality fine bread crumbs (unflavored) or matzo meal
>>> 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
>>>
>>> Standard assembly and texture - I won't repeat it here.
>>>
>>> Bake meatballs in middle rack of 425 degree oven about 45 minutes,
>>> until well browned, turning once halfway through.

>>Hey Thanks! I have a smaller amount of beef but i can adapt off that one
>>well enough. I like the addition of the parmesan cheese.
>>

> Your welcome! This is the standard recipe used by the Italian
> immigrants from my old neighborhood in Sheepshead Bay in Brooklyn.
> Believe it or not, many used matzo meal regularly.
>
> Also, since they used parmesan in the meatballs, they often used
> Romano to top the sauce.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 11, 9:40 pm, "Cshenk" > wrote:
> "Bobo Bonobo®" wrote
>

> > Why are you here? I've not seen you post a single recipe or anything
> > positive yet. In fact, you are a slightly more polite version of Sheldon.
> > Have i missed something of worth?
> >Better than re-posting crappy, White trash recipes with condensed
> >soups in the ingredients that were found on a website. Better than
> >using fake chicken powder instead of real broth.

> In other words, you are a waste of time with nothing to add but rude posts
> to others who are seeking information.

And you give them garbage information. That meatball thing you posted
was awful.
Someone here needs to warn the naive and unsuspecting when clowns like
you offer your advice.

> Go bother someone else.

Go blow more out your ass about how whipped butter has 50% water in
it.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bobo Bonobo®" wrote

> What a crappy recipe. I think that people can find their own crappy
> recipes without your help. What's for dessert, a Jello mold?
>
> --Bryan

Why are you here? I've not seen you post a single recipe or anything
positive yet. In fact, you are a slightly more polite version of Sheldon.
Have i missed something of worth?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bobo Bonobo®" wrote

> Why are you here? I've not seen you post a single recipe or anything
> positive yet. In fact, you are a slightly more polite version of Sheldon.
> Have i missed something of worth?

>Better than re-posting crappy, White trash recipes with condensed
>soups in the ingredients that were found on a website. Better than
>using fake chicken powder instead of real broth.

In other words, you are a waste of time with nothing to add but rude posts
to others who are seeking information.

Go bother someone else.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Cshenk" > wrote:

> I was thinking to make some today but I do not want to go out to get
> anything. I normally have some bread to put in it to help 'bind' but all I
> have is 2 slices of pumpernickle (which I need for something else).

Cracker crumbs can substitute for bread as a filler.

> Any recipes? Like to start making this in about 4-5 hours.

What'd you wind up with? I don't use a recipe when I make meatballs, I
just fake it. Some chopped onion, some herb seasoning maybe, S&P, bread
or cracker crumbs soaked in milk. Kinda like meatloaf but shaped
differently. I wonder why I don't like meatloaf if I like meatballs.
Come to think of it, I'm not crazy about meatballs, either.

I've got some ground pork and ground beef in the freezer. I'll use that
for meatballs this week.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cshenk wrote:
> I was thinking to make some today but I do not want to go out to get
> anything. I normally have some bread to put in it to help 'bind' but all I
> have is 2 slices of pumpernickle (which I need for something else).
>
> I have lots of cooked leftover rice and eggs etc.
>
> Any recipes? Like to start making this in about 4-5 hours. I'll look in my
> own MM database, but a 'TnT' recipe would be good. Looking for ones I can
> bake in the oven then use some with a tomato basil sauce over spagetti
> (freeze the rest for later use). 1/2 to 1 inch balls preferred (most
> recipes can be rolled to whatever size bt I mention it as some are
> specific).

This has some pretty good tips:
http://www.spaghettisauceandmeatballs.com/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Scott said...

> Cshenk wrote:
>> I was thinking to make some today but I do not want to go out to get
>> anything. I normally have some bread to put in it to help 'bind' but
>> all I have is 2 slices of pumpernickle (which I need for something
>> else).
>>
>> I have lots of cooked leftover rice and eggs etc.
>>
>> Any recipes? Like to start making this in about 4-5 hours. I'll look
>> in my own MM database, but a 'TnT' recipe would be good. Looking for
>> ones I can bake in the oven then use some with a tomato basil sauce
>> over spagetti (freeze the rest for later use). 1/2 to 1 inch balls
>> preferred (most recipes can be rolled to whatever size bt I mention it
>> as some are specific).
>>

> This has some pretty good tips:
> http://www.spaghettisauceandmeatballs.com/

If I make meatballs it means a meatball sub and this is my candidate for
the best. I don't make a log like it says to, rather meatballs.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Hearty-...ch/Detail.aspx

And who says a DELICIOUS meatball sub has to be pretty?

http://i17.tinypic.com/505tead.jpg

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Abe" wrote

Did 375 for 25 mins or so. I had a smaller recipe than yours.

>>Abe, made them. I used a mix and match of your recipe and the 'Meatballs,
>>Family' one posted earlier.
>>
>>I added a little worstershire, rice and crackers (where your matzo is) and
>>Zatar for your seasonings. A bit more onion, and left out the tomato
>>paste
>>as they will later cook in such. Going at 375 for 30 mins then will
>>check.

> How'd things turn out?

Quite well actually if a little unsderspiced for our tastes. The Zatar was
perfect but I needed to add just another TS of it I think. Made a good
match to te tomato-basil sauce.

I have 24 of them left in the freezer after we ate about 12-16 of them. Don
stole the last 6 or so right out of the sauce pot <g>. They came out a
perfect browned with slightly 'crispy' crust just like I wanted them to be
as far as texture (if you want less crispy, just cook less time, easy to
manage there). Rolling them in the cooked rice just before baking did the
trick to a T.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'"

>> anything. I normally have some bread to put in it to help 'bind' but all
>> have is 2 slices of pumpernickle (which I need for something else).

> Cracker crumbs can substitute for bread as a filler.

We used that combined with cooked rice.

> What'd you wind up with? I don't use a recipe when I make meatballs, I

Something really good that was a mix and match of Abe's recipe and the
Meatballs, Family one I posted.

> just fake it. Some chopped onion, some herb seasoning maybe, S&P, bread
> or cracker crumbs soaked in milk. Kinda like meatloaf but shaped
> differently. I wonder why I don't like meatloaf if I like meatballs.
> Come to think of it, I'm not crazy about meatballs, either.

Grin, I make them only rarely so that's why I asked for ideas here. Worked
well. Our family doesnt eat much red meat.

Ikea meatball recipe Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 18 27-04-2015 07:13 PM
Sues meatball recipe Evelyn Diabetic 2 09-10-2008 07:40 AM
Ping Nancy Young. I Found the Meatball and Grape Jelly Recipe InA Cookbook margaret suran General Cooking 16 28-07-2007 08:40 PM
Meatball Recipe Kathy Brooks Recipes (moderated) 0 07-02-2007 11:10 PM
Turkey Meatball Sandwich Recipe Duckie ® Recipes 0 23-02-2004 03:04 AM