Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default sesame peanut noodles?

Anyone have a tried-and-true sesame peanut noodle recipe? I've tried
several and have modified several more and none of them come out quite
the way I'd like. I'm looking for something that tastes similar to the
Big Bowl (http://www.bigbowl.com/) version, as I recall liking those
fairly well. Thanks!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 17:48:15 -0800, zipporah
> wrote:

>Anyone have a tried-and-true sesame peanut noodle recipe? I've tried
>several and have modified several more and none of them come out quite
>the way I'd like. I'm looking for something that tastes similar to the
>Big Bowl (http://www.bigbowl.com/) version, as I recall liking those
>fairly well. Thanks!

I have never eaten or even heard of it or Big Bowl for that matter, so
try this: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/106572

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

<snip yummy recipe>

> You can also use cashew butter in lieu of peanut butter. Do not
> use tahini.
>
> -sw

I've made something similar with almond butter I wanted to use up.

--

Sarah Gray
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 03:37:27 GMT, Sarah Gray wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> <snip yummy recipe>
>>
>>> You can also use cashew butter in lieu of peanut butter. Do not
>>> use tahini.

>> I've made something similar with almond butter I wanted to use up.

> That would probably work well.
>
> I put int he sesame butter disclaimer since my tongue reacts
> strangely to it. It's either very bitter, or sometimes it tastes
> like ripened cheese (which isn't a bad thing, I guess).
>
> YMWPV.
>
> -sw

tehina *is* bitter. I prefer it on things that have something sweet-ish
(even cooked onions count). I mostly use it to make hummus.

--

Sarah Gray
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 17:48:15 -0800, zipporah wrote:
>
>> Anyone have a tried-and-true sesame peanut noodle recipe? I've tried
>> several and have modified several more and none of them come out quite
>> the way I'd like. I'm looking for something that tastes similar to the
>> Big Bowl (http://www.bigbowl.com/) version, as I recall liking those
>> fairly well. Thanks!

> Here's mine I posted here a few months ago:

<recipe snipped>

> -sw

Thanks - will try!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sarah Gray" > wrote in message

> tehina *is* bitter. I prefer it on things that have something sweet-ish
> (even cooked onions count). I mostly use it to make hummus.
>
> --
>
> Sarah Gray

Tahini is special for me used simply (hummus, too, of course)

1. Dip a madjool date in tahini -- rich enough to satisfy anyone's sweet
tooth

2. Use it as you would peanut butter; i.e., peanut butter and bread.
Although I've not eaten peanut butter and jelly in years, I must confess I
do love tahini spread on toast (homemade bread) and sometimes with a bit of
lignonberry jelly (or other berry jelly) -- yum, yum good.

Dee Dee

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 6, 9:30?pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 17:48:15 -0800, zipporah wrote:
> > Anyone have a tried-and-true sesame peanut noodle recipe? I've tried
> > several and have modified several more and none of them come out quite
> > the way I'd like. I'm looking for something that tastes similar to the
> > Big Bowl (http://www.bigbowl.com/) version, as I recall liking those
> > fairly well. Thanks!

> Here's mine I posted here a few months ago:
>
> Sesame Peanut Noodles Recipe By Steve Wertz - March 12th, 2007
> Copyright (C) 2007http://www.recfoodcooking.com
>
> Yield: 6-8 servings
> Nutritional Info: Not too bad for you
> Allergy Sufferers: Duh. It's pretty obvious.
>
> Noodles:
> 1 lb package Linguine
>
> Sauce:
> 3/4 cup Peanut butter (smooth or crunchy, but not extra crunchy)
> 2/3 cup Chicken stock or (from chicken base is OK, don't use bouillon)
> 1/4 cup White or Red Rice vinegar (but not black vinegar)
> 2 Cloves Crushed garlic
> 2 ts White or palm sugar
> 1 TB Light soy sauce (preferably Kim-Lan or Pearl River)
> 2-3 ts Finely grated ginger
> 2-3 ts Dark, toasted sesame oil
> 1-3 ts Huy Fong Sriracha or Huy Fong garlic chili paste to taste
>
> Garnish:
> 2 TB Sesame seeds (toasted fresh in a pan - DO NOT burn)
> 4 stalks Scallions - sliced thinly, parts of green OK.
> Juiliened diakon (optional)
> Chopped cilantro (optional)
> Chopped roasted peanuts
>
> While linguini is cooking, combine next 9 ingredients and bring to a
> slow simmer over low heat stirring often until peanut butter
> incorporates and sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
>
> Drain linguini, add sauce and stir thoroughly. Toasted sesame
> seeds, sliced green onions, chopped roasted peanuts, daikon, and
> cilantro can be used to top the dish.
>
> The sauce is better after 24 hours. You should wait to cook the
> linguini until ready to serve. Do not combine noodles and sauce
> until ready to serve.
>
> You can also use cashew butter in lieu of peanut butter. Do not
> use tahini.
>
> -sw

There is is, thanks Steve!!!
Rosie