Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OK to freeze egg beaters?

Is it OK to freeze egg whites.... egg beaters that is?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
news
> Is it OK to freeze egg whites.... egg beaters that is?

I worked at a restaurant that received egg beaters frozen. I have even seen
them at the store sold frozen or liquid.

Robert

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Robert" > wrote:

>I worked at a restaurant that received egg beaters frozen. I have even seen
>them at the store sold frozen or liquid.

I live alone and eat the flavored egg beaters

wanting to buy a small freezer and buy several small
containers of liquid egg beater at once and just throw
in em then freezer

hence the question
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
wrote:

> "Robert" > wrote:
>
> >I worked at a restaurant that received egg beaters frozen. I have even seen
> >them at the store sold frozen or liquid.

> I live alone and eat the flavored egg beaters
>
> wanting to buy a small freezer and buy several small
> containers of liquid egg beater at once and just throw
> in em then freezer
>
> hence the question

I'll bet you can freeze them. Maybe ask the manufacturer? Have you any
interest in making your own?

{ Exported from MasterCook Mac }

"Eggbeaters"

Recipe By: posted to rec.food.cooking by Barb Schaller 9-5-2007
Serving Size: 1

1 egg white
1 tsp. corn oil or safflower oil
1 tsp. nonfat dry milk powder

Combine ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until thoroughly
blended. The ingredients may be blended in a blender but too much
mixing makes the egg substitute frothy. Recipe may be multiplied by any
amount desired. One recipe makes the equivalent of 1 egg (1/4 cup).

Commercial egg substitute: 96 calories, 1 mg. cholesterol, 7 mg. fat,
120 mg. sodium.

Jeanne's substitute: 60 calories, negligible cholesterol, 5 mg. fat, 60
mg. sodium.

Source: Low-Calorie Cooking column by Jeanne Jones, Star Tribune
newspaper,Wednesday, 10/21/87.

----------
Notes: Additional Note, 2/10/89: Price for one package of Egg Beaters
at Cub Foods is $1.67 for the equivalent of 8 eggs. Whole eggs are
approximately $.75 per dozen. A substantial saving to make from scratch.
_____
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
For your listening pleasu
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 5, 10:00 am, wrote:
> Is it OK to freeze egg whites.... egg beaters that is?

That assumes that it is OK to purchase, possess or use Egg Beaters.
As far as egg whites, as psychologically hard as it is to waste food,
some egg whites do go down the garbage disposal. You could make
meringues.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote:

>That's funny, I've never seen egg beaters at the store that weren't frozen.

Really?

The ones I buy are in the fridge section....in liquid
form.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
wrote:

> Is it OK to freeze egg whites.... egg beaters that is?

Sure. I do it all the time.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 10, 5:36 pm, Stan Horwitz > wrote:
> In article >,
> wrote:
>
> > Is it OK to freeze egg whites.... egg beaters that is?

> Sure. I do it all the time.

What do you end up using them for? I really am curious. I feel kinda
bad for wasting whites, but other than making meringues, I don't know
what I'd use them for.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 10, 10:35 am, wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote:
> >That's funny, I've never seen egg beaters at the store that weren't frozen.

> Really?
>
> The ones I buy are in the fridge section....in liquid
> form.

You know, almost no competent physician pushes that Egg Beaters junk
anymore.
Eggs are your friend. Just don't fry them in hydrogenated oils, and
do not slather an accompanying piece of toast with hydrogenated
margarine. Maybe take it easy on the butterfat, and other mammal
fats, but that low fat/avoid eggs because of dietary cholesterol stuff
is pretty discredited.
The one thing that everyone agrees with is that green veggies,
especially leafy greens, are very good for you and me and everyone
else.
Life is too short to deprive yourselves off egg yolks, and the idea
that egg yolks shorten life is moribund.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
Bobo Bonobo(R) > wrote:

> On Sep 10, 5:36 pm, Stan Horwitz > wrote:
> > In article >,
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Is it OK to freeze egg whites.... egg beaters that is?

> > Sure. I do it all the time.

> What do you end up using them for? I really am curious. I feel kinda
> bad for wasting whites, but other than making meringues, I don't know
> what I'd use them for.

I buy those packages that come with three plastic cups of Egg Beaters.
Each cup equals two hole eggs in volume. If I know I am going to be home
the next morning and have enough time to eat a leisurely breakfast, I
will take one of those frozen egg beaters cups out and let it thaw in
the fridge over night, then use it for scrambled eggs.

I also sometimes bring them to work and use them for a quick lunch by
cooking them in a microwaveable omelet cooker with a slice of cheese and
eat it with a bagel from the bagel hut around the corner from my office.

Eggs Beaters work great for those sorts of things and I am hard pressed
to tell the difference between them and whole eggs when I cook them, so
its a healthy item to eat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:

>Life is too short to deprive yourselves off egg yolks, and the idea
>that egg yolks shorten life is moribund.

Ok...so can a person freeze whole eggs?

I live remotely....so must stock up on frozen goods