Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default (2007-08-19) New survey on the RFC site: Hot coffee

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

Vote now! (or not)
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Vote now! (or not)
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy
>
> Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

I haven't spilled coffee, but I have had tinned potatoes out of the
microwave explode in my face (With melted butter and cheese)
The only reason I didn't go to the Emergency department was the
embarrassment of telling them I was the ophthalmic theatre sister at the
time.
The covering of tiny blisters healed, and luckily my eyes were not as badly
damaged as it first appeared!

Sarah

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 19, 12:13?pm, "Sarah" > wrote:
> "ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
>
> ...>http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> > Vote now! (or not)
> > --
> > Cheers
> > Chatty Cathy

> > Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

> I haven't spilled coffee, but I have had tinned potatoes out of the
> microwave explode in my face (With melted butter and cheese)
> The only reason I didn't go to the Emergency department was the
> embarrassment of telling them I was the ophthalmic theatre sister at the
> time.
> The covering of tiny blisters healed, and luckily my eyes were not as badly
> damaged as it first appeared!
>
> Sarah

I know that must have been awful, but did anyone start calling you
Mrs. Potato Head? <g>

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sarah wrote:

> I haven't spilled coffee, but I have had tinned potatoes out of the
> microwave explode in my face (With melted butter and cheese)
> The only reason I didn't go to the Emergency department was the
> embarrassment of telling them I was the ophthalmic theatre sister at the
> time.
> The covering of tiny blisters healed, and luckily my eyes were not as
> badly damaged as it first appeared!
>
> Sarah

A GOOD reason to go to ANOTHER hospital rather than the one you
actually work in

Posted to rec.food.cooking

boy .. I hope you know the case facts ....

"ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Vote now! (or not)
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy
>
> Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Knit Chic wrote:

> boy .. I hope you know the case facts ....

What has "knowing the case facts" got to do with the questions asked?

and boy.. I wish you wouldn't top post, and learn how to snip too....
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

Posted to rec.food.cooking

/sigh

"ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
> Knit Chic wrote:
>
>> boy .. I hope you know the case facts ....
>>

> What has "knowing the case facts" got to do with the questions asked?
>
> and boy.. I wish you wouldn't top post, and learn how to snip too....
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy
>
> Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz wrote:

> My Choices Were Not Listed.

Sorry.

> I don't drink or make coffee at home.

Really? I am amazed. Don't you like coffee either?
I don't feel so alone anymore.
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 16:23:27 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:
> >http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

> > Vote now! (or not)

> My Choices Were Not Listed.
>
> I don't drink or make coffee at home.

Why not, it's the only pot you have to **** in...

I've encountered such folks... they keep no coffee, no soft drinks, no
hard drinks... nothing to offer a guest.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

> Steve Wertz wrote:
>> My Choices Were Not Listed.
>>
>> I don't drink or make coffee at home.

> Why not, it's the only pot you have to **** in...
>
> I've encountered such folks... they keep no coffee, no soft drinks, no
> hard drinks... nothing to offer a guest.

I don't like coffee, but DH does, (and most of our friends) so we always
have coffee at home. I think I must be abnormal - there, I admitted it.
<veg>
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
Sheldon > wrote:

> Steve Wertz wrote:
> > On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 16:23:27 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:
> > >http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

> > > Vote now! (or not)

> > My Choices Were Not Listed.
> >
> > I don't drink or make coffee at home.

> Why not, it's the only pot you have to **** in...
>
> I've encountered such folks... they keep no coffee, no soft drinks, no
> hard drinks... nothing to offer a guest.

I keep beer... will that work? :-)

We don't drink much soda so it's not usually available here.
We DO keep bottled water and fruit juice.

I don't drink coffee either but I can certainly brew some iced tea in
just a few minutes.

I don't drink coffee either and dad drinks a limited amount.
I'd brew if fresh for a guest. I'd not offer them leftover coffee! Bleah!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
ChattyCathy > wrote:

> Steve Wertz wrote:
>

> > My Choices Were Not Listed.

> Sorry.
> >
> > I don't drink or make coffee at home.

> Really? I am amazed. Don't you like coffee either?
> I don't feel so alone anymore.

I gave up coffee for health reasons on the advice of a
gastroenterologist.

He was right.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> I gave up coffee for health reasons on the advice of a
> gastroenterologist.
>
> He was right.

I didn't "give it up" - I have never liked coffee; most people think I am
crazy or have TIAD <me waves to Sheldon> - but they are probably right
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
ChattyCathy > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
>

> > I gave up coffee for health reasons on the advice of a
> > gastroenterologist.
> >
> > He was right.

> I didn't "give it up" - I have never liked coffee; most people think I am
> crazy or have TIAD <me waves to Sheldon> - but they are probably right

I don't like beer... ;-)
Not all beverages appeal to everyone!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
Sheldon > wrote:

> I've encountered such folks... they keep no coffee, no soft drinks, no
> hard drinks... nothing to offer a guest.

And you didn't get the hint?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan wrote on Sun, 19 Aug 2007 12:29:41 -0700:

??>> I've encountered such folks... they keep no coffee, no
??>> soft drinks, no hard drinks... nothing to offer a guest.

My only hot beverage of course is coffee, normally black but
sometimes sweetened with brown sugar and I only drink it *with*
a meal at breakfast. Just to add my two cents' worth, I don't
find tea undrinkable but I would not willingly choose it.
Perhaps I can enjoy green tea in a Japanese restaurant but
mostly I would choose beer there. The only other beverages that
I don't drink are things like root beer and milk and there are
even a number of beers that I avoid like Irish sweet stout and
in fact most sweetened beers. .

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> Steve Wertz wrote:
>> On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 16:23:27 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:
>>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

>>> Vote now! (or not)

>> My Choices Were Not Listed.
>>
>> I don't drink or make coffee at home.

> Why not, it's the only pot you have to **** in...
>
> I've encountered such folks... they keep no coffee, no soft drinks, no
> hard drinks... nothing to offer a guest.

I don't keep a liquor cabinet (contrary to popular belief) and I usually
don't have wine or even beer on hand. Coffee is always available, even
though I don't drink much of it. It's good coffee, though, not your grocery
store cannister of Folgers. Ice water, most definitely (not in a pitcher
and not bottled water). Sometimes lemonade (stored in a pitcher in the
fridge). I can whip up some iced tea if need be. prefer my tea hot and
most people down here don't. Soft drinks, aka soda, coca cola stuff?
Sorry, I don't buy them.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> I gave up coffee for health reasons on the advice of a
> gastroenterologist.
>
> He was right.

Caffeine was not good for me, so I stopped drinking coffee on June 15th.
This is the 3rd time I have given up caffeine, but after a few years
roll by, I start drinking it again. I will try to be stronger this
time. We will see how long it lasts.<g>

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Becca" > wrote in message
> Omelet wrote:
>
>> I gave up coffee for health reasons on the advice of a
>> gastroenterologist.
>>
>> He was right.

> Caffeine was not good for me, so I stopped drinking coffee on June 15th.
> This is the 3rd time I have given up caffeine, but after a few years roll
> by, I start drinking it again. I will try to be stronger this time. We
> will see how long it lasts.<g>
>
> Becca

I've given up coffee so many times in the last 20 years. The last time I
threw out all the coffee pots. (thre out: a euphamism, please!) so I
wouldn't be tempted. Although I do drink it when I'm away from the house,
only maybe half of my cup.

After seeing Alton Brown's espresso show I believe it was Friday or
Saturday, I bought the espresso machine he was touting. It's on its way --
the bad thing is that the burr grinder will cost another fortune. I'll
going to have to do some research - and I've subscribed to alt.coffee.
First figure out the grinder, then the beans.

Dee Dee who drinks, tea mostly all day, coffee, wine, and a beer now and
then - no hard liquor or sodas.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Dee wrote:

> I've given up coffee so many times in the last 20 years. The last time I
> threw out all the coffee pots. (thre out: a euphamism, please!) so I
> wouldn't be tempted. Although I do drink it when I'm away from the house,
> only maybe half of my cup.
>
> After seeing Alton Brown's espresso show I believe it was Friday or
> Saturday, I bought the espresso machine he was touting. It's on its way --
> the bad thing is that the burr grinder will cost another fortune. I'll
> going to have to do some research - and I've subscribed to alt.coffee.
> First figure out the grinder, then the beans.
>
> Dee Dee who drinks, tea mostly all day, coffee, wine, and a beer now and
> then - no hard liquor or sodas.

Dee Dee, you will have to let us know how you enjoy your new espresso
machine. I loved drinking coffee, espresso and cappuccino. I bet you
enjoy your new toy.<g> Caffeine caused me to have opthalmic (ocular)
migraines and I would lose the sight in my right eye for about 30
minutes, this would happen a couple of times a day. The doctor said
that migraine headaches could be next, if I did not get rid of the
caffeine. I could drink decaf, but then I would have to keep bleaching
my teeth, so I will drink lemon water, ginger ale, exciting stuff like that.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
ChattyCathy > wrote:

> Steve Wertz wrote:
>

> > My Choices Were Not Listed.

> Sorry.
> >
> > I don't drink or make coffee at home.

> Really? I am amazed. Don't you like coffee either?
> I don't feel so alone anymore.

Welcome to the club, Cathy. I can only drink coffee in situations where
it's adulterated enough so it doesn't taste like coffee. Vietnamese
iced coffee (with copious quantities of sweetened condensed milk) is one
way. The SO's favorite coffee joint here in Seattle (Caffe d'Arte)
serves a non-alcoholic espresso-chocolate cold drink that also fits the
bill.

Cindy
A tea-based life form

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 16:14:42 -0700, Cindy Fuller
> wrote:

>> Really? I am amazed. Don't you like coffee either?
>> I don't feel so alone anymore.

>Welcome to the club, Cathy. I can only drink coffee in situations where
>it's adulterated enough so it doesn't taste like coffee. Vietnamese
>iced coffee (with copious quantities of sweetened condensed milk) is one
>way.
>Cindy
>A tea

Another tea drinker here.

I am the same way, Cindy. I always tell folks, that I want my coffee
to taste like coffee ice cream. Then I will drink it.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:

> I am the same way, Cindy. I always tell folks, that I want my coffee
> to taste like coffee ice cream. Then I will drink it.
>
> Christine

Tea for me also. I can probably count on my hands the number of cups of
coffee I've bothered with in my life...?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 20:39:07 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:
>
>> Steve Wertz wrote:
>>
>>> I don't drink or make coffee at home.

>> Really? I am amazed. Don't you like coffee either?
>> I don't feel so alone anymore.

> I'll drink it a few times a year, but I'm hardly religious about
> it like most adults.
>
> I was at Seattle's Best the other day and noticed parents are
> buying their kids a lot of coffee nowdays, too. I saw three kids
> under 10 with their (different) parents all ordering coffees.
>
> -sw

Yikes, I can't drink Seattle's Best. I hope they are giving them plenty of
milk with it.
I used to drink coffee every morning starting at age 11 (w/milk of course.)
Dee Dee, 5'2"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Becca" > wrote in message

> Dee Dee, you will have to let us know how you enjoy your new espresso
> machine. I loved drinking coffee, espresso and cappuccino. I bet you enjoy
> your new toy.<g> Caffeine caused me to have opthalmic (ocular) migraines
> and I would lose the sight in my right eye for about 30 minutes, this
> would happen a couple of times a day. The doctor said that migraine
> headaches could be next, if I did not get rid of the caffeine. I could
> drink decaf, but then I would have to keep bleaching my teeth, so I will
> drink lemon water, ginger ale, exciting stuff like that.
>
> Becca

I had migranes from age 14 until 50 (I'll let you make the age connection.)
Doctors gave me all sorts of reasons, tests, diagnoses, treatments,
medications for having these; coffee being one of probably hundreds of the
diagnoses.

The past few years my front teeth became thin, but last January I had three
front teeth capped. The other teeth don't seem to soak up the stains.

I'll be on the hunt for a burr grinder; it will not be easy, so until I get
that, it will have to wait; then I'll wait to research the beans.

I'm not a coffee drinker in the way that DH is who has to have a cup beside
him all day; that's one of the reasons we haven't had it at home. Perhaps
the ritual of making a cuppa cappa will slow him down.

I'll let you know. Thanks for your interest, Becca.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> I gave up coffee for health reasons on the advice of a
> gastroenterologist.
>
> He was right.

I cut way back on coffee consumption without checking with a doctor. At
work we used to stop for breakfast and they kept bringing refills and I
kept drinking them. It caused me some problems. I rarely have a second
cup, but still manage 3-4 cups per day.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:

> My only hot beverage of course is coffee, normally black but
> sometimes sweetened with brown sugar and I only drink it *with*
> a meal at breakfast. Just to add my two cents' worth, I don't
> find tea undrinkable but I would not willingly choose it.

Tea can be pretty good if made properly, which few people do. You cannot
make a decent cup of tea by dipping a bag in a mug, or in one of those
stainless tea pots they use in restaurants, and especially not in a take
out cup in a fast food joint. I drank tea with meals as a kid because I
never liked milk. During my student days I had a summer job working in an
allow plant and found that black tea was the only thing that quenched my
thirst. Milk and cream ruin good tea, and there is no need for sugar in
good tea. Sadly, most people make such horrid tea that it needs something
to make it palatable.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Becca > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
>
> > I gave up coffee for health reasons on the advice of a
> > gastroenterologist.
> >
> > He was right.

> Caffeine was not good for me, so I stopped drinking coffee on June 15th.
> This is the 3rd time I have given up caffeine, but after a few years
> roll by, I start drinking it again. I will try to be stronger this
> time. We will see how long it lasts.<g>
>
> Becca

The Dr. told me it was not the caffeine, it was coffee itself.
The oils and acids in it.

He said to not even drink the decaff.

Coffee really is pretty toxic to anyone with chronic GI problems. It has
nothing to do with caffeine.

I'm fine with iced or hot tea.

I did try drinking coffee again when I started working night shifts.
Stopped it after 1 week or so.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Goomba38 > wrote:

> Christine Dabney wrote:
>
> > I am the same way, Cindy. I always tell folks, that I want my coffee
> > to taste like coffee ice cream. Then I will drink it.
> >
> > Christine

> Tea for me also. I can probably count on my hands the number of cups of
> coffee I've bothered with in my life...?

We could start a tea thread. :-) My fave' is Earl Grays. Bigelow makes a
wonderful tea, and so does Twinings.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Dave Smith > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> >

> > I gave up coffee for health reasons on the advice of a
> > gastroenterologist.
> >
> > He was right.

> I cut way back on coffee consumption without checking with a doctor. At
> work we used to stop for breakfast and they kept bringing refills and I
> kept drinking them. It caused me some problems. I rarely have a second
> cup, but still manage 3-4 cups per day.

I used to drink 1/2 of a pot regularly.
It's because I was working 4 jobs.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Dave Smith > wrote:

> James Silverton wrote:
> >
> > My only hot beverage of course is coffee, normally black but
> > sometimes sweetened with brown sugar and I only drink it *with*
> > a meal at breakfast. Just to add my two cents' worth, I don't
> > find tea undrinkable but I would not willingly choose it.

> Tea can be pretty good if made properly, which few people do. You cannot
> make a decent cup of tea by dipping a bag in a mug, or in one of those
> stainless tea pots they use in restaurants, and especially not in a take
> out cup in a fast food joint. I drank tea with meals as a kid because I
> never liked milk. During my student days I had a summer job working in an
> allow plant and found that black tea was the only thing that quenched my
> thirst. Milk and cream ruin good tea, and there is no need for sugar in
> good tea. Sadly, most people make such horrid tea that it needs something
> to make it palatable.

Best tea is made using an infuser.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote on Mon, 20 Aug 2007 03:04:41 -0500:

??>> James Silverton wrote:
??>>>
??>>> My only hot beverage of course is coffee, normally black
??>>> worth, I don't find tea undrinkable but I would not
??>>> willingly choose it.
??>>
DS>> Tea can be pretty good if made properly, which few people
DS>> do.

O> Best tea is made using an infuser.

That's *your* opinion! :-) In default of better things, I've
drunk tea made by experts all my life. I was brought up in
Scotland and had some pretty enthusiastic tea drinkers in my
family. I've tried direct soaking, infusers, special tea pots,
tea bags etc. and I still think it is an uninteresting beverage
no matter what type of tea leaves or method is used.. Since I
was first able to make a choice I have drunk coffee. That's not
to say that coffee is always good; I still remember the
over-percolated stuff and that served on British trains that
turned grey when milk was added!

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" > wrote

> to say that coffee is always good; I still remember the over-percolated
> stuff and that served on British trains that turned grey when milk was
> added!

Ugh. One year I bought my parents a nice drip coffee maker
for Christmas hoping they'd retire that nasty percolator. They
always used it after that when we were over. Heh, they probably
used the percolator when we weren't there. Who knows. Gawd
their coffee was vile, talk about burnt. Ugh. And they'd serve it
with milk ... about a pint later you might notice a difference in the
black shade of your cup of coffee.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> Omelet wrote on Mon, 20 Aug 2007 03:04:41 -0500:
>
> ??>> James Silverton wrote:
> ??>>>
> ??>>> My only hot beverage of course is coffee, normally black
> ??>>> worth, I don't find tea undrinkable but I would not
> ??>>> willingly choose it.
> ??>>
> DS>> Tea can be pretty good if made properly, which few people
> DS>> do.
>
> O> Best tea is made using an infuser.
>
> That's *your* opinion! :-) In default of better things, I've drunk tea
> made by experts all my life. I was brought up in Scotland and had some
> pretty enthusiastic tea drinkers in my family. I've tried direct soaking,
> infusers, special tea pots, tea bags etc. and I still think it is an
> uninteresting beverage no matter what type of tea leaves or method is
> used.. Since I was first able to make a choice I have drunk coffee. That's
> not to say that coffee is always good; I still remember the
> over-percolated stuff and that served on British trains that turned grey
> when milk was added!
>
> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland

James, you state that you've drunk tea made by experts all your life. How
did that come about?

I will agree that tea can be uninteresting. Right now I've been drinking
for several months an estate Darljeeling. Before that tea had become very
uninteresting and I wasn't sure what I'd do; after this runs out, well -
I'll be looking again. My first choice is coffee, but it can get very
uninteresting after a while, too.

I think with either beverage, tea or coffee, we are all looking for that
perfect cuppa; same with wine and chocolate.

When I am feeling puney, it isn't coffee, wine or eating chocolate that I
reach for to rejuvinate me -- it is always hot tea.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> Ugh. One year I bought my parents a nice drip coffee maker
> for Christmas hoping they'd retire that nasty percolator. They
> always used it after that when we were over. Heh, they probably
> used the percolator when we weren't there. Who knows. Gawd
> their coffee was vile, talk about burnt. Ugh. And they'd serve it
> with milk ... about a pint later you might notice a difference in the
> black shade of your cup of coffee.

My sister in law loves coffee, or so she claims. She has a very expensive
drip maker, designed to turn out a pot of coffee in less than one minute.
She buys cheap, pre ground coffee and makes it weak. It is horrible
stuff. I have to zip my lip when she raves about her coffee, but when she
has coffee here she complains that it is too strong. I offer to add some
boiling water to it bt she soldiers on.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>> Ugh. One year I bought my parents a nice drip coffee maker
>> for Christmas hoping they'd retire that nasty percolator. They
>> always used it after that when we were over. Heh, they probably
>> used the percolator when we weren't there. Who knows. Gawd
>> their coffee was vile, talk about burnt. Ugh. And they'd serve it
>> with milk ... about a pint later you might notice a difference in the
>> black shade of your cup of coffee.

> My sister in law loves coffee, or so she claims. She has a very expensive
> drip maker, designed to turn out a pot of coffee in less than one minute.
> She buys cheap, pre ground coffee and makes it weak. It is horrible
> stuff. I have to zip my lip when she raves about her coffee, but when she
> has coffee here she complains that it is too strong. I offer to add some
> boiling water to it bt she soldiers on.

People can get wild about coffee. My f-i-l still remembers a cup that he
ordered not up to his standard in the 70's at a coffee shop and has never
returned. He will mention it everytime we drive past. Actually I've been
served Sanka instant at his home ;-) Remember that? Do they still make
that product? GIMF.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> Nancy Young wrote:
> >
> > Ugh. One year I bought my parents a nice drip coffee maker
> > for Christmas hoping they'd retire that nasty percolator. They
> > always used it after that when we were over. Heh, they probably
> > used the percolator when we weren't there. Who knows. Gawd
> > their coffee was vile, talk about burnt. Ugh. And they'd serve it
> > with milk ... about a pint later you might notice a difference in the
> > black shade of your cup of coffee.

> My sister in law loves coffee, or so she claims. She has a very expensive
> drip maker, designed to turn out a pot of coffee in less than one minute.
> She buys cheap, pre ground coffee and makes it weak. It is horrible
> stuff. I have to zip my lip when she raves about her coffee, but when she
> has coffee here she complains that it is too strong. I offer to add some
> boiling water to it bt she soldiers on.

Ick, weak coffee is like... tea... no body. As the old commercial said -
what's a swamp? leaves and water, what's tea? leaves and water.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
news

> "James Silverton" > wrote
>
>> to say that coffee is always good; I still remember the over-percolated
>> stuff and that served on British trains that turned grey when milk was
>> added!

> Ugh. One year I bought my parents a nice drip coffee maker
> for Christmas hoping they'd retire that nasty percolator.

I love my percolator, and never use a drip maker. Drip coffee is like tea
to me. A good percolator won't make coffee taste burnt, maybe they didn't
wash it or maybe they did burn coffee at one time and couldn't get the burnt
coffee out of the pot?

They
> always used it after that when we were over. Heh, they probably
> used the percolator when we weren't there. Who knows. Gawd
> their coffee was vile, talk about burnt. Ugh. And they'd serve it
> with milk ... about a pint later you might notice a difference in the
> black shade of your cup of coffee.
>
> nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee wrote on Mon, 20 Aug 2007 08:55:37 -0400:

DD> "James Silverton" > wrote in
DD> message news:aFfyi.5213$A57.1876@trnddc04...
??>> Omelet wrote on Mon, 20 Aug 2007 03:04:41 -0500:
??>>
??>>>> James Silverton wrote:
??>>>>>
??>>>>> My only hot beverage of course is coffee, normally
??>>>>> black worth, I don't find tea undrinkable but I would
??>>>>> not willingly choose it.
??>>>>
??>>
O>>> Best tea is made using an infuser.
??>>
??>> That's *your* opinion! :-) In default of better things,
??>> I've drunk tea made by experts all my life.
??>> I
DD> James, you state that you've drunk tea made by experts
all
DD> your life. How did that come about?

I won't give all the details but my wife did not like coffee and
we always had both tea and coffee available after dinner. Both
were made by me! My mother and father liked tea but both my
sister and I were coffee drinkers and my kids take after me.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Knit Chic wrote:

> /sigh

You can sigh all you like. What *I* know about the "facts" regarding this
lawsuit is irrelevant. Hence the survey. It was intended to get a general
consensus of opinion of how *other* people feel about this lawsuit - after
reading up on all the "facts" and making an informed decision themselves.

So far 76% think she was not justified in suing, and 83% would not have sued
in the same situation. Interesting.