Old 14-09-2007, 04:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default (2007-09-14) New survey on the RFC site: Silly survey: Friday nightfood

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

Vote now! (or not)...

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

Old 14-09-2007, 04:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
ChattyCathy said...

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

Vote now! (or not)...

After the garlic stomper post, I'll be cooking for all potential Mrs. Andys
from here on out!

LOL! Don't blame you...

Old 14-09-2007, 05:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

ChattyCathy wrote:

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

Vote now! (or not)...

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

Nice survey I got lucky again and voted #1 g. But until I win
that lottery, I shan't be going out to restaurants too often (sigh).
This time, I'll go with the #7 Sports Hat - it'll come in handy with all
the bike riding

Sky, who still feels lucky and hopes to win that "big lottery" someday

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice
Old 14-09-2007, 05:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:
http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

Vote now! (or not)...

Loverly LOs tonight.... Wednesday I made a batch of fried sausage (16)
with a ton of home grown bell peppers (16), onions (six), and sliced
garlic (entire head)... don't need to cook, and why would I want to
eat out or even consider take out... I'm gonna stay home and pig out!
Had one portion for dinner on Wednesday, have three portions
remaining... I can easy eat this every other night for a week. Got a
jumbo 30 can case of Genny too.

Sheldon Sleepalone

Old 14-09-2007, 05:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sky said...

Sky, who still feels lucky and hopes to win that "big lottery" someday

Sky,

I hope you do!

I wrote a lot of lotto checker programs in my day. To try to convince my
mate in Australia to stop playing the lottery I wrote a Perl program to
generate 100,000 pseudo random lotto quick pick games and then match them
against a winning number series I chose. I had it set to infinitely loop
until it triggered a grand prize match. It took about 10 seconds to run
each iteration. After 48 hours I had to kill the program.

You do the math! If you can't do that, don't play the lottery! G

170,000,000:1

He keeps sending me money to manage his lotto habit, for 10%. In 5 years
he's lost $800. I've made $3.00, MAYBE!

I still go in for $1.00 when it's over $100 million. I can't be bothered
with a measly $50 million jackpot. What kind of island would THAT buy? G

Andy
Old 14-09-2007, 05:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon said...

Got a jumbo 30 can case of Genny too.

Now I KNOW you're sick!!!

Andy
Old 14-09-2007, 06:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

Sky said...

[...]

I get 1 lotto and 1 Mega Millions ticket each time I get gas. I figure
what's $2 on top of the $60 in gas? Not likely I'm going to win, but not
really going to miss the $50/yr. As for the jackpot, I don't pay much
attention to it, I'll take anything I can and anything that puts a mil
in the bank is sufficient for me to retire. I don't need a multi million
dollar house.
Old 14-09-2007, 06:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 14, 11:31 am, ChattyCathy wrote:
http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

Vote now! (or not)...

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

MCINL DH's church is having their monthly potluck tonight, so we're
taking my mom's veggie bean soup in the crockpot.

OTOH, there will be takeout there. Having worked with the kitchen
crew (who set up the tables, organize the food, slice the cakes and
such) it's amazing to me how many people will bring a bucket of KFC or
buy a fancy cake from Whole Paycheck.

maxine in ri

Old 14-09-2007, 07:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 14, 12:39 pm, Andy q wrote:
Sheldon said...

Got a jumbo 30 can case of Genny too.

Now I KNOW you're sick!!!

Andy

Think global, buy local.

maxine in ri, where Narragansett is no longer made

Old 14-09-2007, 07:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 17:31:08 +0200, ChattyCathy
wrote:

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

Vote now! (or not)...

Not me on both questions. We moved 2 months ago to a place that has
25+ restaurants within easy walking distance. Never been to one of
them or ordered out. We're on our way out to our new weekend cottage
and I've finally got everything together to try Steves signature Lamb
Gyro recipe. I'm jonesin for a Gyro big time. After seeing pictures
of his food I'll trust that it's going to be good. There's no
restaurants where were going so if it's bad we'll be having cream
cheese on crackers with sardines.

Lou
Old 14-09-2007, 07:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss said...

cream cheese on crackers with sardines

Very doable!!!

Have a nice retreat.

Andy
Old 14-09-2007, 07:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

maxine in ri said...

On Sep 14, 12:39 pm, Andy q wrote:
Sheldon said...

Got a jumbo 30 can case of Genny too.

Now I KNOW you're sick!!!

Andy

Think global, buy local.

maxine in ri, where Narragansett is no longer made

I went to college in Rochester and NOBODY drank Genesee cream ale. It was
the "Made on the banks of the Genesee river" slogan that we couldn't
swallow!

The good ol' neon green Genesee!

I do remember 10 Black label beers at the Varsity Inn.

Andy

Old 14-09-2007, 07:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"maxine in ri" wrote in message
oups.com...

Think global, buy local.

maxine in ri,

I like that.
Dee Dee

Old 14-09-2007, 09:43 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

Vote now! (or not)...

Good time to ask... I've been hard at work this afternoon cleaning
(and I've still got more to do) so I'm not going to cook anything
special. I gave DH a choice - frozen chicken tortellini with tomato
sauce, frozen cheese ravioli with bolegnase (also frozen), frozen
lasagna, or pizza... he said pizza but then we reconsidered because he
had lunch out today (I didn't... I didn't even HAVE lunch!) and we
really can't afford to do it again. So we're having the next best
thing - frozen cheese ravioli and tomato sauce with ham. Those frozen
pastas are great - they're quick and easy to fix, and if you throw a
can of seasoned tomato on them you've got dinner for less than five
bucks and quicker than waiting for the delivery guy to show up!