Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default (2007-08-27) New survey on the RFC site: Thoughtful Survey: Type 2 Diabetes

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

Thanks go to Terry (P'rfesser) for sending in this survey
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

ChattyCathy wrote:

> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Thanks go to Terry (P'rfesser) for sending in this survey
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy
>
> Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

Woohoo, I got lucky and voted #1. May I please select the #6 hat? I
think that will go well with my activity in the kitchen today. Thanks

Sky, who is thankful not to have to worry about diabetes

P.S. These surveys are so fun and enjoyable.

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy said...

> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Thanks go to Terry (P'rfesser) for sending in this survey

WHOA! A NEW "Surveyor"?

Thanks Terry!

Andy
Voter Number 9, Number 9, Number 9
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
. ..
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Thanks go to Terry (P'rfesser) for sending in this survey
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy
>
> Garlic: the element without which life as we know it would be impossible

I checked RFC this a m hoping to beat everyone, but no, you posted late
today! The time difference is supposed to work in my favor!!!
But I was busy putting down laminate flooring in the kitchen! ( Don't want
to waste my holiday doing enjoyable things!)
Sarah

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
ChattyCathy > wrote:

> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Thanks go to Terry (P'rfesser) for sending in this survey
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

Can't help but wonder how many are lying to themselves. ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Thanks go to Terry (P'rfesser) for sending in this survey

Thanks for this survey. I wonder how many have or know someone with
Type 1 Diabetes. My 7 year old granddaughter was recently diagnosed
with Type 1 Diabetes and possible Celiac Disease. It's been difficult
for her to be on a diabetes diet with insulin shots twice a day plus
only eat gluten free foods. She is a very picky eater and only likes
pizza, spaghetti, cheeseburgers (on a wheat bun) etc. We all are trying
to cope and encourage her to eat the right foods. Rusty in MD
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> ChattyCathy > wrote:
>
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>>
>> Thanks go to Terry (P'rfesser) for sending in this survey
>> --
>> Cheers
>> Chatty Cathy

> Can't help but wonder how many are lying to themselves. ;-)
> --
> Peace, Om

I'd like to how many of the low and very low risk persons have had glucose
tests, or if they are just guessing.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dee Dee" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
> > In article >,
> > ChattyCathy > wrote:
> >
> >> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
> >>
> >> Thanks go to Terry (P'rfesser) for sending in this survey
> >> --
> >> Cheers
> >> Chatty Cathy

> > Can't help but wonder how many are lying to themselves. ;-)
> > --
> > Peace, Om
> >

> I'd like to how many of the low and very low risk persons have had glucose
> tests, or if they are just guessing.
> Dee Dee

Or really know about the nutritional qualities/breakdown of foods.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"kilikini" > wrote:

> Rusty wrote:
> > ChattyCathy wrote:
> >> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
> >>
> >> Thanks go to Terry (P'rfesser) for sending in this survey

> > Thanks for this survey. I wonder how many have or know someone with
> > Type 1 Diabetes. My 7 year old granddaughter was recently diagnosed
> > with Type 1 Diabetes and possible Celiac Disease. It's been difficult
> > for her to be on a diabetes diet with insulin shots twice a day plus
> > only eat gluten free foods. She is a very picky eater and only likes
> > pizza, spaghetti, cheeseburgers (on a wheat bun) etc. We all are
> > trying to cope and encourage her to eat the right foods. Rusty in MD

> Dang, that's got to be rough for a 7 year old. Fortunately, there are lots
> of rice flour substitutes. Have her parents looked into that?
>
> kili

De Boles is an excellent brand:

http://www.deboles.com/products/index.php

As is this one:

http://www.barryfarm.com/nutri_info/...orn_pasta.html
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:
> Rusty wrote:
>> ChattyCathy wrote:
>>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>>>
>>> Thanks go to Terry (P'rfesser) for sending in this survey

>> Thanks for this survey. I wonder how many have or know someone with
>> Type 1 Diabetes. My 7 year old granddaughter was recently diagnosed
>> with Type 1 Diabetes and possible Celiac Disease. It's been difficult
>> for her to be on a diabetes diet with insulin shots twice a day plus
>> only eat gluten free foods. She is a very picky eater and only likes
>> pizza, spaghetti, cheeseburgers (on a wheat bun) etc. We all are
>> trying to cope and encourage her to eat the right foods. Rusty in MD

> Dang, that's got to be rough for a 7 year old. Fortunately, there are lots
> of rice flour substitutes. Have her parents looked into that?
>
> kili

Thanks - We are sending her a care package of gluten free mixes that we
made up from substitute flours. Unfortunately my daughter is not a
baker and is very overwhelmed and stressed. Rusty from MD

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> "kilikini" > wrote:
>
>> Rusty wrote:

>>> Thanks for this survey. I wonder how many have or know someone with
>>> Type 1 Diabetes. My 7 year old granddaughter was recently diagnosed
>>> with Type 1 Diabetes and possible Celiac Disease. It's been difficult
>>> for her to be on a diabetes diet with insulin shots twice a day plus
>>> only eat gluten free foods. She is a very picky eater and only likes
>>> pizza, spaghetti, cheeseburgers (on a wheat bun) etc. We all are
>>> trying to cope and encourage her to eat the right foods. Rusty in MD

>> Dang, that's got to be rough for a 7 year old. Fortunately, there are lots
>> of rice flour substitutes. Have her parents looked into that?
>>
>> kili

> De Boles is an excellent brand:
>
> http://www.deboles.com/products/index.php
>
> As is this one:
>
> http://www.barryfarm.com/nutri_info/...orn_pasta.html

Thanks for the info. I will look on those web sites.
Rusty from MD
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Rusty > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> > In article >,

> >> Dang, that's got to be rough for a 7 year old. Fortunately, there are lots
> >> of rice flour substitutes. Have her parents looked into that?
> >>
> >> kili

> > De Boles is an excellent brand:
> >
> > http://www.deboles.com/products/index.php
> >
> > As is this one:
> >
> > http://www.barryfarm.com/nutri_info/...orn_pasta.html

> Thanks for the info. I will look on those web sites.
> Rusty from MD

I hope it helps. :-)
I have a wheat allergy so corn and rice have been nice substitutes.

But, she will eventually have to wean herself off of a high carb diet...

Does she like beans? Black Soy Beans from Eden Foods are a true low carb
bean. Whipped Cauliflower is a good substitute for mashed spuds.

Consider joining one of the low carb lists. I learned a lot there.

I hope she likes meat...
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Dee wrote:
> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
>> In article >,
>> ChattyCathy > wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>>>
>>> Thanks go to Terry (P'rfesser) for sending in this survey
>>> --
>>> Cheers
>>> Chatty Cathy

>> Can't help but wonder how many are lying to themselves. ;-)
>> --
>> Peace, Om
>>

> I'd like to how many of the low and very low risk persons have had
> glucose tests, or if they are just guessing.
> Dee Dee

I've been tested. I'm not sure what constitutes a "risk"; diabetes is a
disease. It has no rhyme or reason. This is like taking a poll to find out
who is likely to come down with brain cancer.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> Dee Dee wrote:
> > "Omelet" > wrote in message
> > news

> >> Can't help but wonder how many are lying to themselves. ;-)
> >> --
> >> Peace, Om
> >>

> > I'd like to how many of the low and very low risk persons have had
> > glucose tests, or if they are just guessing.
> > Dee Dee

> I've been tested. I'm not sure what constitutes a "risk"; diabetes is a
> disease. It has no rhyme or reason. This is like taking a poll to find out
> who is likely to come down with brain cancer.
>
> Jill

Not really...

There are early signs of Type II diabetes.

Insulin resistance being one of them.

I qualified which is why I've really cracked down.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 27, 1:52 pm, "Dee Dee" > wrote:
> "Omelet" > wrote in message
>
> news >
> > In article >,
> > ChattyCathy > wrote:

> >>http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

> >> Thanks go to Terry (P'rfesser) for sending in this survey
> >> --
> >> Cheers
> >> Chatty Cathy

> > Can't help but wonder how many are lying to themselves. ;-)
> > --
> > Peace, Om

> I'd like to how many of the low and very low risk persons have had glucose
> tests, or if they are just guessing.
> Dee Dee

Test a couple of months ago.

John Kane, Kingston ON Canada

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 27, 3:51 pm, Omelet > wrote:
> In article >,
>

> Rusty > wrote:
> > Omelet wrote:

> > > De Boles is an excellent brand:

> > >http://www.deboles.com/products/index.php

> > > As is this one:

> > >http://www.barryfarm.com/nutri_info/...orn_pasta.html

> > Thanks for the info. I will look on those web sites.
> > Rusty from MD

> I hope it helps. :-)
> I have a wheat allergy so corn and rice have been nice substitutes.
>
> But, she will eventually have to wean herself off of a high carb diet...
>
> Does she like beans? Black Soy Beans from Eden Foods are a true low carb
> bean. Whipped Cauliflower is a good substitute for mashed spuds.

Whipped caulifower? With a bit of butter and cream? I definately like
idea!.

> Consider joining one of the low carb lists. I learned a lot there.
>
> I hope she likes meat...
> --
> Peace, Om
>
> Remove _ to validate e-mails.
>
> "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch" -- Jack Nicholson

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
John Kane > wrote:

> Whipped caulifower? With a bit of butter and cream? I definately like
> idea!.

Oh yes! A classic in the low carb substitute armamentarium. ;-)
Fake mashed potatoes.

I think even TFM has probably tried that one.

Lets see...

alt.support.diet.low-carb

Yeah.

That list was most educational. I hung out there for a couple of years.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 17:50:01 +0200, ChattyCathy
> wrote:

>http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
>Thanks go to Terry (P'rfesser) for sending in this survey

The idea for this survey came over the weekend. I was diagnosed with
type 2 last week. Genetic factor appears to be involved. Apparently
I've done a very poor job picking my relatives, as Mom and two of my
brothers also have it.

Statistically not quite as bad as it might sound, though. There are
11 other siblings who haven't yet been diagnosed with it....

Best -- Terry
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry said...

> On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 17:50:01 +0200, ChattyCathy
> > wrote:
>
>>http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>>
>>Thanks go to Terry (P'rfesser) for sending in this survey

> The idea for this survey came over the weekend. I was diagnosed with
> type 2 last week. Genetic factor appears to be involved. Apparently
> I've done a very poor job picking my relatives, as Mom and two of my
> brothers also have it.
>
> Statistically not quite as bad as it might sound, though. There are
> 11 other siblings who haven't yet been diagnosed with it....
>
> Best -- Terry

Terry,

My Pop-Pop (on Mom's side) had diabetes. I forget the type. So according to
studies of diabetes skipping a generation, me and mine *should* be in line
for it but so far we're all OK.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry" > wrote in message
news
> On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 17:50:01 +0200, ChattyCathy
> > wrote:
>
>>http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>>
>>Thanks go to Terry (P'rfesser) for sending in this survey

> The idea for this survey came over the weekend. I was diagnosed with
> type 2 last week. Genetic factor appears to be involved. Apparently
> I've done a very poor job picking my relatives, as Mom and two of my
> brothers also have it.
>
> Statistically not quite as bad as it might sound, though. There are
> 11 other siblings who haven't yet been diagnosed with it....
>
> Best -- Terry

Father in law - has/had it, but thru his diet -- which actually is not ALL
that good IMO-- but who's to say because he has it completely under control.
He still has pizza now and then, a dessert occasionally, a glass of beer or
wine occasionally, but since he monitors it, he's in control.

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Omelet > wrote:

> In article >,
> "Dee Dee" > wrote:
>
> > "Omelet" > wrote in message
> > news

> > > Can't help but wonder how many are lying to themselves. ;-)
> > > --
> > > Peace, Om
> > >

> > I'd like to how many of the low and very low risk persons have had glucose
> > tests, or if they are just guessing.
> > Dee Dee

> Or really know about the nutritional qualities/breakdown of foods.

As the resident PhD in nutrition, I admit to being an outlier. I had my
blood tested less than two weeks ago. Glucose was great, and my total
and LDL cholesterol were the lowest they'd been in years. Getting back
on a bicycle for the first time in over 30 years to be part of a relay
team in the Danskin Triathlon gets the credit. I haven't lost that much
weight, but every bit helps. I'm still riding the bike home from work
2-3 times a week (7 miles), and will probably start swimming in the
winter so I can do the full triathlon next year.

My brother had type 2 diabetes, among other things. It may have
contributed to his death at age 45, but the major cause was kidney
failure due to sepsis (blood infection).

OB Food: The SO grilled some country-style ribs for dinner. They
weren't as fatty as other times we've bought them.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> My Pop-Pop (on Mom's side) had diabetes. I forget the type. So according to
> studies of diabetes skipping a generation, me and mine *should* be in line
> for it but so far we're all OK.
>
> Andy

Which studies are those? Never heard of this before..and I deal with a
LOT of diabetics.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Goomba38" > wrote

> Andy wrote:
>
>> My Pop-Pop (on Mom's side) had diabetes. I forget the type. So according
>> to studies of diabetes skipping a generation, me and mine *should* be in
>> line for it but so far we're all OK.

> Which studies are those? Never heard of this before..and I deal with a LOT
> of diabetics.

Many years ago I had a friend who was very strict with her
children when it came to candy because her father had
diabetes and she thought they were at risk because it skipped
a generation. Just saying, it's not a new idea.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> Many years ago I had a friend who was very strict with her
> children when it came to candy because her father had
> diabetes and she thought they were at risk because it skipped
> a generation. Just saying, it's not a new idea.
>
> nancy

Ah.. one of those old wives tales type things?
I see. That's a new one on me. Never heard that one before.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> I've been tested. I'm not sure what constitutes a "risk"; diabetes is a
> disease. It has no rhyme or reason.

People whose relatives are diabetic often have a higher risk. Most of
my relatives are diabetic, so am I.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Abel wrote:
> In article >,
> "jmcquown" > wrote:
>

>> I've been tested. I'm not sure what constitutes a "risk"; diabetes is a
>> disease. It has no rhyme or reason.

> People whose relatives are diabetic often have a higher risk. Most of
> my relatives are diabetic, so am I.

One has the genetic component which they have no control over, but then
families often tend to share the same eating patterns and fitness
patterns which they do have more control over.

Sadly we're seeing huge increases in type 2 diabetes even in CHILDREN!
That was unheard of in generations past.

Between the rise in diabetes, and the poor calcium intake of young kids
who are drinking way too many sodas daily, I dread to think of the the
consequences for them 25 years down the road. Osteoporosis and diabetes
(with all the co-morbidities) won't be a fun to live with.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article

t>,
Cindy Fuller > wrote:

> As the resident PhD in nutrition, I admit to being an outlier. I had my
> blood tested less than two weeks ago. Glucose was great, and my total
> and LDL cholesterol were the lowest they'd been in years. Getting back
> on a bicycle for the first time in over 30 years to be part of a relay
> team in the Danskin Triathlon gets the credit. I haven't lost that much
> weight, but every bit helps. I'm still riding the bike home from work
> 2-3 times a week (7 miles), and will probably start swimming in the
> winter so I can do the full triathlon next year.

Exercise seems to be good for a lot of things. :-) Well done!

> My brother had type 2 diabetes, among other things. It may have
> contributed to his death at age 45, but the major cause was kidney
> failure due to sepsis (blood infection).

Diabetes is murder on the immune system.

> OB Food: The SO grilled some country-style ribs for dinner. They
> weren't as fatty as other times we've bought them.
>
> Cindy

Beef or pork?
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Goomba38" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> Many years ago I had a friend who was very strict with her
>> children when it came to candy because her father had
>> diabetes and she thought they were at risk because it skipped
>> a generation. Just saying, it's not a new idea.

> Ah.. one of those old wives tales type things?
> I see. That's a new one on me. Never heard that one before.

I really don't know if there is any basis in fact. Somewhere in
the back of my head I'm thinking I've heard that about
schizophrenia, too, but that could just be a confused nancy tale.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Omelet > wrote:

> > OB Food: The SO grilled some country-style ribs for dinner. They
> > weren't as fatty as other times we've bought them.
> >
> > Cindy

> Beef or pork?

Pork. Very simple, lazy prep. I just dusted them with some rib rub
(freebie that came with our last Penzey's order), and slathered on some
bottled BBQ sauce a few minutes before yanking them off the grill.

Two keys to country style ribs: trimming the fat, and being careful not
to overcook them.

--
Julian Vrieslander
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article

..net>,
Julian Vrieslander > wrote:

> In article >,
> Omelet > wrote:
>
> > > OB Food: The SO grilled some country-style ribs for dinner. They
> > > weren't as fatty as other times we've bought them.
> > >
> > > Cindy

> > Beef or pork?

> Pork. Very simple, lazy prep. I just dusted them with some rib rub
> (freebie that came with our last Penzey's order), and slathered on some
> bottled BBQ sauce a few minutes before yanking them off the grill.
>
> Two keys to country style ribs: trimming the fat, and being careful not
> to overcook them.

I've never grilled those things yet.
Got to try that. :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 00:22:53 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

>"Goomba38" > wrote
>
>> Andy wrote:
>>
>>> My Pop-Pop (on Mom's side) had diabetes. I forget the type. So according
>>> to studies of diabetes skipping a generation, me and mine *should* be in
>>> line for it but so far we're all OK.

>> Which studies are those? Never heard of this before..and I deal with a LOT
>> of diabetics.

>Many years ago I had a friend who was very strict with her
>children when it came to candy because her father had
>diabetes and she thought they were at risk because it skipped
>a generation. Just saying, it's not a new idea.
>
>nancy

Somehow, I missed the beginning of this thread....
I answered the first question as "none" and MCINL for all the other
answers because I don't even know what "type2 diabetes" is.

--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 00:44:23 -0400, Goomba38 >
wrote:

>Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> Many years ago I had a friend who was very strict with her
>> children when it came to candy because her father had
>> diabetes and she thought they were at risk because it skipped
>> a generation. Just saying, it's not a new idea.
>>
>> nancy

>Ah.. one of those old wives tales type things?
>I see. That's a new one on me. Never heard that one before.

.....me either. I've heard something else skips a generation - maybe
it was manic/depression. Not absolutely sure though.

--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 08:16:39 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

>I'm thinking I've heard that about
>schizophrenia, too,

You probably remembered better than I did.

--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote

> On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 00:22:53 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
> wrote:

>>Many years ago I had a friend who was very strict with her
>>children when it came to candy because her father had
>>diabetes and she thought they were at risk because it skipped
>>a generation. Just saying, it's not a new idea.

> Somehow, I missed the beginning of this thread....
> I answered the first question as "none" and MCINL for all the other
> answers because I don't even know what "type2 diabetes" is.

I didn't take the survey. What I thought was this, they say that some
large percent of the population is walking around oblivious to the fact
that they have diabetes, so who really knows.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 22:17:25 -0700, Dan Abel > wrote:

>In article >,
> "jmcquown" > wrote:
>

>> I've been tested. I'm not sure what constitutes a "risk"; diabetes is a
>> disease. It has no rhyme or reason.

>People whose relatives are diabetic often have a higher risk. Most of
>my relatives are diabetic, so am I.

We know many problems can be generational. High blood pressure is
another one.

Sorry you have diabetes. Glad you have it under control!

--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 01:30:12 -0400, Goomba38 >
wrote:

>Between the rise in diabetes, and the poor calcium intake of young kids
>who are drinking way too many sodas daily, I dread to think of the the
>consequences for them 25 years down the road. Osteoporosis and diabetes
>(with all the co-morbidities) won't be a fun to live with.

Oh, please....... I plan to be dead by then, so I won't have to worry
about it.

--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, sf wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 00:22:53 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
> wrote:

> >> Which studies are those? Never heard of this before..and I deal with a LOT
> >> of diabetics.

> >Many years ago I had a friend who was very strict with her
> >children when it came to candy because her father had
> >diabetes and she thought they were at risk because it skipped
> >a generation. Just saying, it's not a new idea.
> >
> >nancy
> >

> Somehow, I missed the beginning of this thread....
> I answered the first question as "none" and MCINL for all the other
> answers because I don't even know what "type2 diabetes" is.

Often called "adult onset".
It's not always insulin dependent, but can be.

I was headed there with Insulin Resistance.
I've managed to head it off (so far), but it's taken a complete
lifestyle change.

I'll be living a low carb lifestyle for the rest of my life with only
occasional cheats.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, sf wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 00:44:23 -0400, Goomba38 >
> wrote:
>
> >Nancy Young wrote:
> >
> >> Many years ago I had a friend who was very strict with her
> >> children when it came to candy because her father had
> >> diabetes and she thought they were at risk because it skipped
> >> a generation. Just saying, it's not a new idea.
> >>
> >> nancy

> >Ah.. one of those old wives tales type things?
> >I see. That's a new one on me. Never heard that one before.

> ....me either. I've heard something else skips a generation - maybe
> it was manic/depression. Not absolutely sure though.

Male pattern baldness?

Om -> ducking and running...

(it's carried on the X-chromosome)
--