Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hello! First visit here.

What a cool newsgroup! My mouth started watering just reading some of the
recipes here!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wes Chormicle" > wrote in message
> What a cool newsgroup! My mouth started watering just reading some of the
> recipes here!
>
> Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

Welcome Wes,
I'm fairly new too, and live in a small town, so I cant find a lot of the
ingredients I see here (or on Food Network!) but I like this group too.
Chaviva
That is my pen name of sorts, I'm told it is my name in Hebrew.
Again, welcome and hope you enjoy it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wes Chormicle" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> What a cool newsgroup! My mouth started watering just reading some of the
> recipes here!
>
> Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

Welcome in the hell!!!!! Hi!!!!

--
Kisses
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chaviva wrote:
> "Wes Chormicle" > wrote in message
>> What a cool newsgroup! My mouth started watering just reading some
>> of the recipes here!
>>
>> Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

> Welcome Wes,
> I'm fairly new too, and live in a small town, so I cant find a lot of
> the ingredients I see here (or on Food Network!) but I like this
> group too. Chaviva
> That is my pen name of sorts, I'm told it is my name in Hebrew.
> Again, welcome and hope you enjoy it.

If you are interested in a posted recipe and can't identify an ingredient by
brand name (they vary by country and/or state), ask if there are any known
substitutes (or simply for clarification). Most of us don't bite (too
hard!).

Welcome to the newsgroup!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wes Chormicle wrote:

> Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

Hi! <waving a crawfish at ya from Louisiana>

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca wrote:
> Wes Chormicle wrote:
>
>> Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

> Hi! <waving a crawfish at ya from Louisiana>

and me waving haggis at ya from Scotland)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wes Chormicle wrote:

> What a cool newsgroup! My mouth started watering just reading some of the
> recipes here!
>
> Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

I just checked the RFC membership list, and you aren't
a registered user. Non-members can view the traffic
on RFC, but file downloading is forbidden. I can understand
why you don't want to register at www.recfoodcooking.com -- some
people don't like giving out photos of themselves -- but them's
the rules! Hope this helps :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 1, 1:22 pm, "Wes Chormicle" > wrote:
> What a cool newsgroup! My mouth started watering just reading some of the
> recipes here!
>
> Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

Mark Thorson is trying to scare you off; don't believe 99% of what he
says ;-) Welcome.

What's your favorite type of food to prepare?

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article <%b4si.2207$2c6.1113@trnddc01>,
"Wes Chormicle" > wrote:

> What a cool newsgroup! My mouth started watering just reading some of the
> recipes here!
>
> Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

Welcome to the fray. Send your dues check to me, no matter what Michael
or Terry say. Got it?
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com - story and
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2007-08-01, Chaviva > wrote:

> Welcome Wes,
> I'm fairly new too....

OK, being incredibly lazy, I'll nail you both at the same time. Welcome
aboard and enjoy.

Make sure you have a set of rhino skins as we have more than our fair
share of dicks. Otherwise, a great buncha people. Tell us about your
fave foods and maybe a good recipe or two.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> What's your favorite type of food to prepare?
>
> N.

I like to grill outdoors and my favorite is grilled salmon with fresh mango
papaya salsa. And as a side, I wrap fresh asparagus with bacon and grill
that too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" wrote:
> Becca wrote:
> > Wes Chormicle wrote:

> >> Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

> > Hi! <waving a crawfish at ya from Louisiana>

> and me waving haggis at ya from Scotland)

Guess what I'm waving at yoose! heheheh

Enjoy!

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Toasting you with mint juleps from the deep south.

--
"Hope everyone is happy in your head - we're all doin' pretty good in mine."
--Unknown

>> What's your favorite type of food to prepare?
>>
>> N.

> I like to grill outdoors and my favorite is grilled salmon with fresh
> mango papaya salsa. And as a side, I wrap fresh asparagus with bacon and
> grill that too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article <Az8si.1425$BQ.1133@trnddc03>,
"Wes Chormicle" > wrote:

> > What's your favorite type of food to prepare?
> >
> > N.

> I like to grill outdoors and my favorite is grilled salmon with fresh mango
> papaya salsa. And as a side, I wrap fresh asparagus with bacon and grill
> that too.

Are grease fires a problem? (Serious question.)
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com - story and
pics of Ronald McDonald House dinner posted 6-24-2007
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article <Az8si.1425$BQ.1133@trnddc03>,
> UNREGISTERED USER "Wes Chormicle" > wrote:
>
> > I like to grill outdoors and my favorite is grilled salmon with fresh mango
> > papaya salsa. And as a side, I wrap fresh asparagus with bacon and grill
> > that too.

> Are grease fires a problem? (Serious question.)

Not if you pan-fry them to the soft leather stage first.

I've never grilled asparagus in bacon, but I've done it
with avocado, chicken, and prawns. Works great.
Leaves just enough fat to flavor the wrapee.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>>
>> In article <Az8si.1425$BQ.1133@trnddc03>,
>> UNREGISTERED USER "Wes Chormicle" > wrote:
>>
>>> I like to grill outdoors and my favorite is grilled salmon with
>>> fresh mango papaya salsa. And as a side, I wrap fresh asparagus
>>> with bacon and grill that too.

>> Are grease fires a problem? (Serious question.)

> Not if you pan-fry them to the soft leather stage first.

I'd be more inclined to grill bacon-wrapped asparagus indirectly, away from
the coals. Asparagus tends to grill rather quickly due to its size so
indirect (slow) grilling just makes sense to me.

> I've never grilled asparagus in bacon, but I've done it
> with avocado, chicken, and prawns. Works great.
> Leaves just enough fat to flavor the wrapee.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wes Chormicle > wrote:
>What a cool newsgroup! My mouth started watering just reading some of the
>recipes here!
>
>Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

You gonna eat that?

--Blair
Posted to rec.food.cooking
tom tom is offline

"Wes Chormicle" > wrote in message
> What a cool newsgroup! My mouth started watering just reading some of the
> recipes here!
>
> Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

Welcome!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> Becca wrote:
>> Wes Chormicle wrote:
>>
>>> Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

>> Hi! <waving a crawfish at ya from Louisiana>

> and me waving haggis at ya from Scotland)

A Virginia ham from ...
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 23:04:09 -0400, "Dee Dee" >
wrote:

>"Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> Becca wrote:

>>> Hi! <waving a crawfish at ya from Louisiana>

>> and me waving haggis at ya from Scotland)

>A Virginia ham from ...
>Dee Dee

And Hatch chiles from New Mexico!

Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wes Chormicle wrote:
> What a cool newsgroup! My mouth started watering just reading some of the
> recipes here!
>
> Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

Finally, I'm not the newest pledge any more!

The hazing isn't bad, but you do have to bring your own paddle.

(Actually, so far I think it's a very nice place to hang out.)

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee Dee" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> Becca wrote:

>>> Hi! <waving a crawfish at ya from Louisiana>

>> and me waving haggis at ya from Scotland)

> A Virginia ham from ...
> Dee Dee

A Boston bean from
Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 1, 6:21 pm, "Wes Chormicle" > wrote:
> > What's your favorite type of food to prepare?

> > N.

> I like to grill outdoors and my favorite is grilled salmon with fresh mango
> papaya salsa. And as a side, I wrap fresh asparagus with bacon and grill
> that too.

Do you have a recipe for the salsa, or is it a commercial product? If
so, I think I'd leave out the papaya, not a favorite of mine ;-)

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Blair P. Houghton > wrote:

> Wes Chormicle > wrote:
> >What a cool newsgroup! My mouth started watering just reading some of the
> >recipes here!
> >
> >Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

> You gonna eat that?
>
> --Blair

LOL!!!
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com - story and
pics of Ronald McDonald House dinner posted 6-24-2007
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 19:27:27 -0700, Mark Thorson >
wrote:

>Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>>
>> In article <Az8si.1425$BQ.1133@trnddc03>,
>> UNREGISTERED USER "Wes Chormicle" > wrote:
>>
>> > I like to grill outdoors and my favorite is grilled salmon with fresh mango
>> > papaya salsa. And as a side, I wrap fresh asparagus with bacon and grill
>> > that too.

>> Are grease fires a problem? (Serious question.)

>Not if you pan-fry them to the soft leather stage first.
>
>I've never grilled asparagus in bacon, but I've done it
>with avocado, chicken, and prawns. Works great.
>Leaves just enough fat to flavor the wrapee.

and not so much that you have to over cook whatever it's wrapped in
just to cook the bacon.

--

A husband is someone who takes out the trash and gives the impression he just cleaned the whole house.

A Visit Brooklyn1 General Cooking 21 06-12-2014 03:06 PM
Visit with the Mom Cindy Fuller General Cooking 2 18-04-2009 10:00 PM
visit [email protected] General Cooking 0 09-05-2007 04:00 PM
Just a last visit Pinky Winemaking 15 20-03-2006 02:04 AM
Visit limey General Cooking 14 02-03-2006 01:50 AM