Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default (2007-07-27) Survey on the RFC site: How far would you be preparedto travel...

.... to attend a cook-in...

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

Vote now! (or not)

Thanks go to ChrisD for suggesting (most of) this survey.
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Chatty Cathy > wrote:
>.... to attend a cook-in...
>
>http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
>Vote now! (or not)
>
>Thanks go to ChrisD for suggesting (most of) this survey.

Wow, seventeen votes but no one posted about it yet? And here I thought I
might be #1 and win that damn hat...

--
Jani in WA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz > wrote in message

>> ... to attend a cook-in...
>>

> Depends on who's going to be there and what
> group it's being hosted from. If Jill, Ranger,
> Paul, and Sheldon were going to be there, for
> instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.

When are you going to be in the area again. I'd set a special
gathering up just for you...

The Ranger

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz > wrote in message

>>> Depends on who's going to be there and what
>>> group it's being hosted from. If Jill, Ranger,
>>> Paul, and Sheldon were going to be there, for
>>> instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.

>> When are you going to be in the area again. I'd
>> set a special gathering up just for you...
>>

> I'll take that as a threat. [snip remaining bleating]

LOL.

If you're back in the area, post a note in ba.food. I'm sure you'd
be surprised at the turnout (and the number not interested if
someone put your head on a pig pole...)

The Ranger
--
I called you arrogant, but should have used a much longer list of
pejoratives.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
bob bob is offline

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:55:50 -0500, Steve Wertz
> magnanimously proffered:

>On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 01:45:31 GMT, Steve Wertz wrote:
>
>> Depends on who's going to be there and what group it's being
>> hosted from. If Jill, Ranger, Paul, and Sheldon were going to be
>> there, for instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.

>Speaking of the Devil - 10 days without a Sheldon? Do we have
>any volunteers to fill in for him?
>
>-sw

You could ask Dr. Richard Tubb, the Air Force colonel who performed
GWB's colonoscopy. After what he's seen, I'm sure he could recommend a
suitable replacement ...

--

una cerveza mas por favor ...

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The Ranger wrote:
> Steve Wertz > wrote in message
>
>>> ... to attend a cook-in...
>>>

>> Depends on who's going to be there and what
>> group it's being hosted from. If Jill, Ranger,
>> Paul, and Sheldon were going to be there, for
>> instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.

> When are you going to be in the area again. I'd set a special
> gathering up just for you...
>
> The Ranger

Oh my! I'm flattered! Would you pay for my airline ticket?! <G> I'll pay
for the food I'd cook!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf sf is offline

On Jul 27, 6:45 pm, Steve Wertz > wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:29:58 +0200, Chatty Cathy wrote:
> > ... to attend a cook-in...

> Depends on who's going to be there and what group it's being
> hosted from. If Jill, Ranger, Paul, and Sheldon were going to be
> there, for instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.

<snip>

who is Paul????

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Jul 27, 6:45 pm, Steve Wertz > wrote:
>> On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:29:58 +0200, Chatty Cathy wrote:
>>> ... to attend a cook-in...

>> Depends on who's going to be there and what group it's being
>> hosted from. If Jill, Ranger, Paul, and Sheldon were going to be
>> there, for instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.
>>

> <snip>
>
> who is Paul????

Hopefully not my brother Paul LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> sf wrote:
>>> Depends on who's going to be there and what group it's being
>>> hosted from. If Jill, Ranger, Paul, and Sheldon were going to be
>>> there, for instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.
>>>

>> <snip>
>>
>> who is Paul????

> Hopefully not my brother Paul LOL

There is a poster by the name of Paul M. Cook or something like that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz > wrote in message
> Just because you're a social disgrace isn't reason to project
> that onto everyone else.

Further proof the cocktails aren't work again Steve; have your
"therapist" adjust'em. Be sure to mention the bout of paranoia...

The "I am out to get you" Ranger

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz > wrote in message
[snip]
>> The "I am out to get you" Ranger

> [..] you really need to practice on that misdirection
> technique of yours.

Look over your shoulder.

No. Not that one. The other one.

No. Not that one. The other one.

No...

The "I'm already there" Ranger

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 27, 10:55 pm, Steve Wertz > wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 01:45:31 GMT, Steve Wertz wrote:
> > Depends on who's going to be there and what group it's being
> > hosted from. If Jill, Ranger, Paul, and Sheldon were going to be
> > there, for instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.

> Speaking of the Devil - 10 days without a Sheldon? Do we have
> any volunteers to fill in for him?
>
> -sw

I thought that's what you were doing....
;-)
maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz > wrote in message
[snip]
> <yawn>

Oh! You've wounded me to the core, you have!

> Let me know when you're done.

You'll be the second one to know.

The Ranger

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Steve Wertz > wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:29:58 +0200, Chatty Cathy wrote:
>
> > ... to attend a cook-in...

> Depends on who's going to be there and what group it's being
> hosted from. If Jill, Ranger, Paul, and Sheldon were going to be
> there, for instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.
>
> There are other food get-togethers in other groups, especially
> the local food groups (though maybe not strictly a "cook-in").
> Somehow I always get elected to arrang the local food
> get-togethers, but their hosted at restaurants that can tolerate
> us.

That's because you know the Austin food scene the best...

and you are always willing. ;-)

--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"The Ranger" > wrote:

> Steve Wertz > wrote in message
>
> >> ... to attend a cook-in...
> >>

> > Depends on who's going to be there and what
> > group it's being hosted from. If Jill, Ranger,
> > Paul, and Sheldon were going to be there, for
> > instance, I might travel up to 1500 miles.

> When are you going to be in the area again. I'd set a special
> gathering up just for you...
>
> The Ranger

Where are you?
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"The Ranger" > wrote:

> Steve Wertz > wrote in message

> >> When are you going to be in the area again. I'd
> >> set a special gathering up just for you...
> >>

> > I'll take that as a threat. [snip remaining bleating]

> LOL.
>
> If you're back in the area, post a note in ba.food. I'm sure you'd
> be surprised at the turnout (and the number not interested if
> someone put your head on a pig pole...)
>
> The Ranger

<lol> Not to ruin his reputation or anything, but he's really cool in
person...
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Steve Wertz > wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 12:12:16 -0500, Omelet wrote:
>
> > <lol> Not to ruin his reputation or anything, but he's really cool in
> > person...

> Oh - Just great! 13 years of hard work down the drain in one
> post. Hrmpf!
>
> -sw

Don't worry. ;-) Not everyone will read it and only about half that do
will believe me...
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

margaret suran wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> sf wrote:
>>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> who is Paul????

>> Hopefully not my brother Paul LOL
>>

> There is a poster by the name of Paul M. Cook or something like that.

Ah, that makes more sense! You (truly) wouldn't want my brother Paul to
attend a cook-in. <G>

And thank you for the boy bear to go with the girl bear... she now has
company on top of my cookbook shelf

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chatty Cathy wrote:
> ... to attend a cook-in...
>
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Vote now! (or not)
>
> Thanks go to ChrisD for suggesting (most of) this survey.

I would travel anywhere in the world to attend a cook-in
if I could afford it. However, I can't, so it pretty much
has to be within 1-2 days' drive.

I have attended 4 cook-in's since around 2000. There
was the Lancaster, PA cook-in, the Trenton, NJ cook-in,
the Connecticut cook-in at Jack Schidt's, and the Vermont
cook-in at Siobhan's. The latter 2 were both in 2001.

I would definitely like to attend another cook-in if it
were close enough that I could afford to go. People keep
having cook-ins in So. Calif., Arizona, New Mexico,
Minneapolis, etc. which I would love to attend but
can't afford. Bummer! :-(

I have never hosted a cook-in but tried to get up
the interest for one in Pgh. a few years ago. There
seemed to be no interest.

I would love to host a cook-in but am not sure these
days if I could do all the housework necessary to get
ready for one since I've started having back problems.

I'm really bummed that I can't go to New Mexico.
I *love* New Mexico. Although I don't like the
idea of going there in August. Why do people always
have these things in the worst season of the year -
summer!!!!!?????

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kate Connally wrote:

> I'm really bummed that I can't go to New Mexico.
> I *love* New Mexico. Although I don't like the
> idea of going there in August. Why do people always
> have these things in the worst season of the year -
> summer!!!!!?????
>
> Kate

Airfare is usually higher during the summer, but if there is a cook-in
near me, I would probably go. I have gone to two cook-ins, one in Dallas
in 1997 and one in Clear Lake in 1998.

If anyone wants to mosey over to Louisiana, I would be happy to have a
cook-in at my house. Y'all could have plenty of crawfish, crabs,
shrimp, oysters and alligator. Aieeeeee!

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca > wrote in
:

> Kate Connally wrote:
>
>> I'm really bummed that I can't go to New Mexico.
>> I *love* New Mexico. Although I don't like the
>> idea of going there in August. Why do people always
>> have these things in the worst season of the year -
>> summer!!!!!?????
>>
>> Kate

> Airfare is usually higher during the summer, but if there is a
> cook-in near me, I would probably go. I have gone to two
> cook-ins, one in Dallas in 1997 and one in Clear Lake in 1998.
>
> If anyone wants to mosey over to Louisiana, I would be happy
> to have a cook-in at my house. Y'all could have plenty of
> crawfish, crabs, shrimp, oysters and alligator. Aieeeeee!
>
> Becca

Sounds like heaven Becca.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sandi" > wrote in message
news.net...
> Becca > wrote in
> :
>
>> Kate Connally wrote:
>>
>>> I'm really bummed that I can't go to New Mexico.
>>> I *love* New Mexico. Although I don't like the
>>> idea of going there in August. Why do people always
>>> have these things in the worst season of the year -
>>> summer!!!!!?????
>>>
>>> Kate

> Sounds like heaven Becca.

Family reunions, too, much to my dismay, are in August. I had to stop going
in 1998 -- I really miss them; heart-breaking for me.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sandi wrote:

> Becca > wrote in

>>Airfare is usually higher during the summer, but if there is a
>>cook-in near me, I would probably go. I have gone to two
>>cook-ins, one in Dallas in 1997 and one in Clear Lake in 1998.
>>
>>If anyone wants to mosey over to Louisiana, I would be happy
>>to have a cook-in at my house. Y'all could have plenty of
>>crawfish, crabs, shrimp, oysters and alligator. Aieeeeee!
>>
>>Becca

> Sounds like heaven Becca.

Cook-ins are fun. If anyone is interested in having a cook-in at my
house, I would enjoy it.

Becca