Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Kitchenaid mixer vs Food processor

Drew Cutter wrote:
> I'm having a hard time deciding whether to buy a kitchenaid professional
> mixer or a Food processor. Looking at using them for pasta sauce ,
> chopping up vegetable ,etc . Thanks . This posting is not a troll
> message. Just trying to spend money wisely and save storage space.
> Planning on making pizza dough with the mixer.

I couldn't pick which to choose. I have both and use both all the time.
I use the mixer for the usual things, no attachments because I have a
pasta machine and a really good grinder already. Plus I think the
attachments are too expensive for what you get. But i'm a frequent baker
and really use my mixer often. The FP I use for making crumbs, grinding
up nuts to coat or make crusts, make pesto, make seafood mousses, Whirl
salad dressings, make mayonnaise, grind chocolate to add to doughs, mix
the pasta dough in seconds, slice and grate and shred, frostings in
seconds with no fly-away problems in the enclosed machine, grind sugars
with orange or lemon peels, there are just too many things I use it for.
It does all sort of little things that would take much longer in another
way.

Melondy