Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Kitchenaid mixer vs Food processor

On May 6, 1:48 pm, Drew Cutter > wrote:
> I'm having a hard time deciding whether to buy a kitchenaid professional
> mixer or a Food processor. Looking at using them for pasta sauce ,
> chopping up vegetable ,etc . Thanks . This posting is not a troll
> message. Just trying to spend money wisely and save storage space.
> Planning on making pizza dough with the mixer.

A mixer won't chop up vegetables, unless you spend some time getting
the attachments attached. What a bother!
There are kinds of things you can do with a food processor that you
can't do with a mixer. A mixer mixes, that's generally it.

If I could only have one of the two, I'd have a food processor. I made
butter in mine today. I guess someone in the family could've shook it
in a jar for a while and got the same results. Used the left-over
buttermilk to make a soda bread.

You can make most doughs in a food processor, and IMO a lot faster and
easier, and the experts say that they can tell no difference.

Also, I prefer the KitchenAid Food Processor to the Cuisinart food
processor. I had 3 Cusinarts.

Dee Dee