Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ping TammyM & Victor Sack

I am going to put my mole adventure on my blog. I would like to know
if it's o.k. with you to use your names and cite you for your help
with the recipe.

Thanks
Koko
--
New blog in progress
http://kokoscorner.blogspot.com

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 20:59:06 -0800, Koko >
wrote:

>I am going to put my mole adventure on my blog. I would like to know
>if it's o.k. with you to use your names and cite you for your help
>with the recipe.

Ok mit me :-) Did you use the Zarela recipe from The Cooking of
Oaxaca?

TammyM, jonesing for mole now....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Koko > wrote:

> I am going to put my mole adventure on my blog. I would like to know
> if it's o.k. with you to use your names and cite you for your help
> with the recipe.

Why, no problem, as far as I am concerned, except I do not see how I
contributed anything of use to you. I posted a recipe from _Food from
my Heart_ by Zarela Martínez. I have now looked up your whole mole
affair and I see that you used the Kay Hartman recipe Tammy posted. I
have looked up Kay's original post and I see that it, too, was a Zarela
Martínez recipe, but from a different book. The recipes, while very
similar indeed of course, are not identical.

Also I notice that Tammy, to her eternal shame, omitted some some very
pertinent comments by Kay, for example, those referring to the chiles
used and the source where one can obtain them in California.

Victor
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"TammyM" > wrote

> Sorry, I'm humor-impaired today. I had to put down my nearly 20-year
> old kitty yesterday. Norman Bates, RIP :-(

Oh, no, I'm so sorry to hear that. What a shame. I'm
happy you had him so long and have the memories.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

TammyM > wrote in message
[snip]
> --> RIP Norman Bates, Cat Gentleman <--
> I'll get my sense of humor back in time.

I'm sorry for this loss.

The Ranger

Posted to rec.food.cooking

TammyM > wrote:

> Sorry, I'm humor-impaired today. I had to put down my nearly 20-year
> old kitty yesterday. Norman Bates, RIP :-(

Oh, the polydactyl one... :-( My condolences, Tammy. At least you can
take those locks off your refrigerator now...

Victor
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 22:10:33 GMT, (TammyM) wrote:

>I had to put down my nearly 20-year >old kitty yesterday. Norman Bates, RIP :-(

He was a cat among felines. You, Sadie, Fiona, and the puppies have my condolences.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 23:53:36 +0100, (Victor Sack)
wrote:

>TammyM > wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I'm humor-impaired today. I had to put down my nearly 20-year
>> old kitty yesterday. Norman Bates, RIP :-(

>Oh, the polydactyl one... :-( My condolences, Tammy. At least you can
>take those locks off your refrigerator now...

Oh my god, you remembered. I was reminiscing about Norman with my
former roommate (and life-long best friend who lived with me through
the early Norman years) last night. I told her that Norman was in a
better place, a place where he had unfettered access to both
refrigerators and cupboards .... where no one would scold him for
breaking into a package of pasta or a bag or beans ... where there
were no inferior canine beings befouling his pleasure palace ... and
where humans knew their places which of course, were only to serve
Him. :-)

I haven't had to put rubber bands on my kitchen cupboards for a long
time now, and with the purchase of a new refrigerator a few years
back, Normie couldn't poach from it a roast or a heart-shaped marble
cheesecake baked for friends' anniversary (not that I'm keeping track.
No, seriously....). He just got too old. But even to the last day,
he tried to snag a tomato off the kitchen counter. It warmed my
heart.

He was Normando the Gourmando to the very end.

Damn, I loved that cat!

Thanks for remembering, Victor.

TammyM, still tearful
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lin Lin is offline

TammyM wrote:

> Sorry, I'm humor-impaired today. I had to put down my nearly 20-year
> old kitty yesterday. Norman Bates, RIP :-(

I am so, so, so sorry! Take heart in knowing that you gave that kitty
a very long and wonderful life.

Heartfelt condolences from one cat lover to another ....

--Lin

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
(TammyM) wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 23:53:36 +0100,
(Victor Sack)
> wrote:
>
> >TammyM > wrote:
> >
> >> Sorry, I'm humor-impaired today. I had to put down my nearly 20-year
> >> old kitty yesterday. Norman Bates, RIP :-(

> >Oh, the polydactyl one... :-( My condolences, Tammy. At least you can
> >take those locks off your refrigerator now...

> Oh my god, you remembered. I was reminiscing about Norman with my
> former roommate (and life-long best friend who lived with me through
> the early Norman years) last night. I told her that Norman was in a
> better place, a place where he had unfettered access to both
> refrigerators and cupboards .... where no one would scold him for
> breaking into a package of pasta or a bag or beans ... where there
> were no inferior canine beings befouling his pleasure palace ... and
> where humans knew their places which of course, were only to serve
> Him. :-)

I'm very sorry for your loss. Norman sounds like the one and only
Roscoe, who died at age 17. Roscoe was the world's surliest cat, with a
voice to match. I used to have his yowl as a warning sound on my office
Mac. It took me several days to tell my coworkers about his death--it
was too painful to talk about.

OB Food: Dinner tonight was pretty low-effort. Slab-o-sirloin on the
grill, with sides of barley, broccoli, and garnish of tomato and red
pepper.

Cindy
Currently in servitude to Phoebe (The Tsarina, age 13 1/2) and Jasper
(Roscoe's successor, almost 9)

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tammy wrote:

> Sorry, I'm humor-impaired today. I had to put down my nearly 20-year
> old kitty yesterday. Norman Bates, RIP :-(
>
> I'll get my sense of humor back in time.
>
> TammyM, with eyes swollen to the size of golfballs today and a deeply
> aching heart

Tammy, I'm so sorry! Let's hope he's getting the satin pillow and the meals
on wheels:

St. Peter is receptionist at the entrance of Heaven. A cat shows up and St.
Peter says "I know you! You were a very nice cat on earth and didn't cause
any trouble, so I want to offer a gift to you of one special thing you have
always wanted."

Cat: "Well, I did always long to own a nice satin pillow like my master had,
so I could lie on it." St. Peter: "That's easy. Granted. You shall have the
satin pillow after you enter in."

Next, a group of mice appeared and St. Peter greeted them and said: "Ah, I
remember you. You were such good mice on earth. You didn't steal food from
anyone's house and never hurt other animals. Therefore, I want to grant you
one special wish you have always wanted."

The Chief Mouse replied, "Well, we always watched the children playing and
saw them roller skate, and it was beautiful, and it looked like so much fun.
So can we each have some roller skates, please?" St. Peter: "Granted. You
shall have your wish."

Next day, St. Peter is making the rounds inside the Gates, and sees the cat.
"Well, Cat...Did you enjoy the satin pillow?" Cat: "Oh, indeed I did. And
say...that "Meals on Wheels" thing was a nice touch, too!"

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 15:14:47 -0700, "The Ranger"
> wrote:

>TammyM > wrote in message
>[snip]
>> --> RIP Norman Bates, Cat Gentleman <--
>> I'll get my sense of humor back in time.

>I'm sorry for this loss.

This made me laugh! Thanks, Range.

I tried to e-you but, like me, your addy is either munged or fake?

If'n you feel like it, flash me an email: tdmcniff at ucdavis dot edu

Thanks for the laugh, I needed it!

TammyM