Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Victor Sack - re OE QuoteFix

I have encountered a problem with OE-QuoteFix. I installed it, with no
improvement - in fact, *all* newsgroup messages had broken lines. I
uninstalled it and *all* newsgroup messages still have broken lines.

Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

limey wrote:
> I have encountered a problem with OE-QuoteFix. I installed it, with
> no improvement - in fact, *all* newsgroup messages had broken lines. I
> uninstalled it and *all* newsgroup messages still have broken
> lines.
> Dora

That's weird. I've never had a problem with it.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

limey > wrote:

> I have encountered a problem with OE-QuoteFix. I installed it, with no
> improvement - in fact, *all* newsgroup messages had broken lines. I
> uninstalled it and *all* newsgroup messages still have broken lines.

Did you read the docs, especially the "usage" section and the FAQ? Did
you follow the detailed instructions on how to configure both OE and
OE-QuoteFix? Here is a very small abstract, just to give you an idea of
what is contained in the docs.

Victor

Quote Character The character you want to use for indentation.
It *must* be the same character you chose in
Outlook Express (see [Tools -> Options -> Send
-> Plain-Text Settings -> Indent Original
Message with X], where X is the character in
question)

Wrap Column The position at which OE-QuoteFix should wrap
quoted lines. Use a setting that is less than or
equal to the setting in Outlook Express. See
[Tools -> Options -> Send -> Plain-Text Settings
(2x) -> Automatically wrap text at XX
characters, when sending]. Only values >= 60 are
accepted. A setting between 72 and 80 is
strongly recommended.

Standardized If enabled, all quote characters are converted
Indentation to the one you selected above. If disabled, the
indentation in the original message is
preserved.

Compressed Select this option to remove spaces from the
Indentation indentation. For example, '> > > >' would become
'>>>>'. If Standardized indentation is disabled,
this only concerns the first quote level.