Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Muffin

I'm looking for a recipe for a certain kind of food that I used to get
as a child. Regrettably I can't recall the name, and anyone that would
know is not available to ask. I was hoping that someone here would have
an idea of what it is, and hopefully a recipe.
It was cooked in a normal muffin pan. When it came out of the oven, it
would be hollow, and fluffy. The texture was not crumbly, but smoother.
I'm sorry I can't be more specific.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote

> I'm looking for a recipe for a certain kind of food that I used to get
> as a child. Regrettably I can't recall the name, and anyone that would
> know is not available to ask. I was hoping that someone here would have
> an idea of what it is, and hopefully a recipe.
> It was cooked in a normal muffin pan. When it came out of the oven, it
> would be hollow, and fluffy. The texture was not crumbly, but smoother.
> I'm sorry I can't be more specific.

I think you might be thinking of popovers. Does that sound right?

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> > wrote
>
> > I'm looking for a recipe for a certain kind of food that I used to get
> > as a child. Regrettably I can't recall the name, and anyone that would
> > know is not available to ask. I was hoping that someone here would have
> > an idea of what it is, and hopefully a recipe.
> > It was cooked in a normal muffin pan. When it came out of the oven, it
> > would be hollow, and fluffy. The texture was not crumbly, but smoother.
> > I'm sorry I can't be more specific.

> I think you might be thinking of popovers. Does that sound right?
>
> nancy

YES YES YES!!! Thank you thank you thank you!! You rock!

I mean, yes that's it. Thank you very much. Now to see how many I can
cook in a day.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Prove It... said...

>> I think you might be thinking of popovers. Does that sound right?
>>
>> nancy

> YES YES YES!!! Thank you thank you thank you!! You rock!
>
> I mean, yes that's it. Thank you very much. Now to see how many I can
> cook in a day.

They're best served hot. I don't think they're supposed to sit around. At
least they don't when I make 'em.

Good luck,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 15:34:15 -0500, Dave Smith wrote:
>
> > It sounds like a popover.

> I have never seen nor had a popover. I'll put those right on the
> list next to lunes.

The recipe for popovers is almost identical to Yorkshire pudding, except
that yorkies are done in a large pan and popovers are cooked in muffin
tins. I usually do my yorkies in muffin tins, so I guess I am technically
making popovers.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm looking for a recipe for a certain kind of food that I used to get
> as a child. Regrettably I can't recall the name, and anyone that would
> know is not available to ask. I was hoping that someone here would have
> an idea of what it is, and hopefully a recipe.
> It was cooked in a normal muffin pan. When it came out of the oven, it
> would be hollow, and fluffy. The texture was not crumbly, but smoother.
> I'm sorry I can't be more specific.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If it was not sweet, but kind of eggy, it was definitely a popover.

California's official state muffin -- the vegan muffin t.racer Vegan 0 11-03-2007 01:22 AM
muffin Petra Baking 4 14-06-2005 06:56 AM
The Muffin Thread General Cooking 13 02-11-2004 06:51 PM
Muffin tins Binky Baking 2 20-10-2003 01:03 AM