Petra

Default muffin

need some muffin recipes please please

Janet Bostwick

"Petra" > wrote in message
> need some muffin recipes please please

Muffin recipes are the easiest thing to come by. Do you understand that the
muffins you make at home will be nothing at all like the ones you buy at the
store? Homemade muffins will not be as cake-like as those at the store. It
is very important that you understand there is a specific and important
procedure to making muffins properly. First, mix all dry ingredients
together, second, mix all wet ingredients together. Pour the wet
ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir/fold together with a spatula,
using no more than 12-15 strokes. The batter should be lumpy and not smooth
or you will create long tunnels inside the baked muffin. The correctly made
muffing will have a pebbly, rounded top. If the tops peak or the inside has
tunnels, you have overstirred the batter. The following is the basic muffin
recipe. If you want cake-like muffins instead, buy a cake mix or muffin
mix.
Basic muffin recipe
2 cups all purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 egg
4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted and cooled.

Preheat the oven to 425F. Grease a muffin pan with 2 1/2 inch diameter cups
or line them with paper baking cup liners. Measure accurately. Stir
together all dry ingredients. Blend all wet ingredients well. Pour wet
ingredients all at once into dry ingredients. Making 12 to 15 full circular
strokes that scrape bottom of bowl, stir just until dry ingredients are
moistened. Batter should be lumpy. Fill each prepared muffin cup 2/3 full
with batter. Bake 20-25 minutes or until tops are lightly browned. Makes
12.
Blueberry muffins--increase sugar to 1/2 cup and stir in 3/4-1 cup
blueberries.
Cheese muffins--reduce sugar to 1 tablespoon and stir in 1/2 to 3/4 cup
shredded Cheddar cheese. Mix the cheese with the flour before adding
liquid.
Orange muffins--increase sugar to 1/2 cup and add 1 tablespoon grated orange
peel; substitute 1/4 cup orange juice for 1/4 cup of the milk.
nut muffins--increase sugar to 1/2 cup and stir 1/2 cup copped nuts into
flour mixture before adding liquid.
Raisin muffins--stir 3/4 raisins into flour mixture before adding liquid
whole wheat muffins--substitute 1 cup whole wheat flour for 1 cup of all
purpose flour.
cornmeal muffins--substitute one cup cornmeal for one cup all purpose flour
jam muffins--prepare batter, fill cups, just before baking, place 1/2
teaspoon jam in the center of the batter in each muffin cup
special muffins--make blueberry muffins, fill cups, sprinkle chopped nuts
and granulated sugar on the top of each batter filled cup
Janet

I have a good-sized file of muffin recipes. These were gathered by a
lady who put them into a single file. Then she then sent a copy of it
to anyone who wanted it. It is too large to copy and paste here. Is
there some way I could send this file to you if you would like it?
BobbiJo

In article >,
"Petra" > wrote:

> need some muffin recipes please please

<http://www.google.com/search?client=...fin+recipes&ie
=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8>
fawn

what's the difference if you use melted margarine vs creamed margarine
in muffins?

California's official state muffin -- the vegan muffin t.racer Vegan 0 11-03-2007 01:22 AM
Muffin [email protected] General Cooking 8 18-01-2007 12:15 AM
The Muffin Thread General Cooking 13 02-11-2004 06:51 PM
Muffin tins Binky Baking 2 20-10-2003 01:03 AM