Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cauliflower casserole: recipe

I can't remember if I ever posted this before. It's one of my favorite
recipes.

Cauliflower Casserole

Quantities given are not critical.

Small can of spinach (I use large (15 oz.) can)
1 3/4 C cauliflower (or cauliflower/broccoli mix) (I use 2 to 3 cups)
Small can of sliced mushrooms or stems and pieces (reserve juice)
2 garlic cloves (or to taste), chopped
1 C elbow macaroni (I use 2)
Can of cream of mushroom soup (I use reduced-fat version)
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 C shredded cheddar (I use less to hold amount of fat down)
1/4 C mushroom juice and water

Brown onions, garlic and cauliflower. Cook macaroni. Mix all in
casserole. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake uncovered 1 hour at 375. This
makes three or four meals for me.

--
Untie the two knots to email me

Every silver lining has a cloud.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ken Knecht wrote

> I can't remember if I ever posted this before. It's one of my

favorite
> recipes.
>
> Cauliflower Casserole
>
> Quantities given are not critical.
>
> Small can of spinach (I use large (15 oz.) can)
> 1 3/4 C cauliflower (or cauliflower/broccoli mix) (I use 2 to 3

cups)
> Small can of sliced mushrooms or stems and pieces (reserve juice)
> 2 garlic cloves (or to taste), chopped
> 1 C elbow macaroni (I use 2)
> Can of cream of mushroom soup (I use reduced-fat version)
> 1 onion, chopped
> 1 1/2 C shredded cheddar (I use less to hold amount of fat down)
> 1/4 C mushroom juice and water
>
> Brown onions, garlic and cauliflower. Cook macaroni. Mix all in
> casserole. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake uncovered 1 hour at 375.
> This makes three or four meals for me.

A nice one, gonna try it.
A version I usually do is this: quickly boil cauliflower, put in a
oven dish, cover with bechamel and add some grated parmigiano. 20
minutes in a medium-hot oven and... et voila
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'