Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default bread recipe

Anyone with a special bread recipe? I'd be grateful..;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Golden" > wrote in news:4594a70d$0$29329$afc38c87
@news.optusnet.com.au:

> Anyone with a special bread recipe? I'd be grateful..;-)

Here's a couple of recipes for a traditional Australian bread.... Damper.

http://www.frogandtoad.com.au/home/food5.html

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Golden" > wrote in message
u...
> Anyone with a special bread recipe? I'd be grateful..;-)

SODA BREAD

2 Cups Plain White flour
2 Cups Wholemeal flour
1 ½ teaspoons of salt
2 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda
Chop up approximately ½ cup of walnuts
2 cups of Buttermilk

METHOD

Heat oven to 200 degrees C. Throw all ingredients in a bowl. Mix by hand.
DON'T overwork. When combined, turn out onto a lightly floured board. Form
into a round. Put on baking paper. Cut a deep cross from one edge to the
other. You can put it into a Bread Pan (the high Temp plastic ones are
perfect)

Bake for about 25-30 minutes and to test if cooked, tap the bottom and it
should sound hollow.

To keep: I don't refrigerate this bread. Just cover with Plastic Wrap and
it
will keep for at least a week (if it doesn't get eaten first).

You can also add rough chopped black olives, it makes it moister.

Frenchy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Frenchy" > wrote in :

> "Golden" > wrote in message
> u...
>> Anyone with a special bread recipe? I'd be grateful..;-)
>>

> SODA BREAD
>
> 2 Cups Plain White flour
> 2 Cups Wholemeal flour
> 1 ½ teaspoons of salt
> 2 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda
> Chop up approximately ½ cup of walnuts
> 2 cups of Buttermilk
>
> METHOD
>
> Heat oven to 200 degrees C. Throw all ingredients in a bowl. Mix by
> hand. DON'T overwork. When combined, turn out onto a lightly floured
> board. Form into a round. Put on baking paper. Cut a deep cross
> from one edge to the other. You can put it into a Bread Pan (the high
> Temp plastic ones are perfect)
>
> Bake for about 25-30 minutes and to test if cooked, tap the bottom and
> it should sound hollow.
>
> To keep: I don't refrigerate this bread. Just cover with Plastic
> Wrap and it
> will keep for at least a week (if it doesn't get eaten first).
>
> You can also add rough chopped black olives, it makes it moister.
>
> Frenchy

Thanks for that Frenchy.......... going to try it this afternoon.

I'll be doing it with the olives.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Many thanks, Peter. Have a Happy New Year!

"PeterL" > wrote in message
> "Golden" > wrote in news:4594a70d$0$29329$afc38c87
> @news.optusnet.com.au:
>
> > Anyone with a special bread recipe? I'd be grateful..;-)
> >

> Here's a couple of recipes for a traditional Australian bread.... Damper.
>

> http://www.frogandtoad.com.au/home/food5.html
>

> --
> Peter Lucas
> Brisbane
> Australia
>
> 'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'
>
> http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Frenchy, this one's new to me and should be perfect for my taste. Thank you
very much.
Happy New Year to you and family.

"Frenchy" > wrote in message

> "Golden" > wrote in message
> u...
> > Anyone with a special bread recipe? I'd be grateful..;-)
> >

> SODA BREAD
>
> 2 Cups Plain White flour
> 2 Cups Wholemeal flour
> 1 ½ teaspoons of salt
> 2 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda
> Chop up approximately ½ cup of walnuts
> 2 cups of Buttermilk
>
> METHOD
>
> Heat oven to 200 degrees C. Throw all ingredients in a bowl. Mix by hand.
> DON'T overwork. When combined, turn out onto a lightly floured board.

Form
> into a round. Put on baking paper. Cut a deep cross from one edge to the
> other. You can put it into a Bread Pan (the high Temp plastic ones are
> perfect)
>
> Bake for about 25-30 minutes and to test if cooked, tap the bottom and it
> should sound hollow.
>
> To keep: I don't refrigerate this bread. Just cover with Plastic Wrap

and
> it
> will keep for at least a week (if it doesn't get eaten first).
>
> You can also add rough chopped black olives, it makes it moister.
>
> Frenchy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Golden" > wrote in
:

> Many thanks, Peter. Have a Happy New Year!

Same same :-)

Bread Recipe Janet B General Cooking 16 20-10-2016 01:14 PM
Much better bread recipe! Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 0 13-10-2014 06:16 AM
Help with a bread recipe Perpetual Student Recipes 1 20-05-2007 11:04 PM
need quick bread recipe - apple cinnamon bread Jude General Cooking 0 11-12-2005 04:09 PM
bread recipe to bread maker Chris Baking 3 11-09-2005 06:03 PM