Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Rise of Cancer

This can be attributed to the types of processed foods we chose to eat
- a curse of development!

But cancer can be stemmed - if we eat healthy.

Check this site out for ideas:

http://www.powertolife.com/blog.html

Also, be sure to take advantage of the free books (the download links
are in the blog).

Lena

Posted to rec.food.cooking

lena the spamming hyena wrote:
> This can be attributed to the types of processed foods we chose to eat
> - a curse of development!
>
> But cancer can be stemmed - if we eat healthy.

Perhaps. And the word is *healthfully*... eating "healthy" means
eating large portions, as in taking healthy bites... take human bites,
Bubba!

Perhaps diet plays some small role (no one really knows very much about
exactly how living things metabolize), however far more contributory to
the rise in cancer is the rise in statistics, because just like with
the rate of prevalence of other diseases cancer is also much more often
diagnosed than it was previously... as little as fifty years ago folks
died of cancer and no one knew cancer was the culprit until after death
occured, if at all... and obviously there are now far more recognizable
types of cancer that heretofore were not yet discovered. And of
course, especially with the advent of the computer, record keeping is
far, far more intense... no one really knows with any accuracy how many
instances of cancer occured as little as fifty years ago... and fifty
years ago very few foods were processed but many folks still ate
poorly... in fact most of the world population today eats poorly. And
of course the statistics indicate a rise in cancers, there are a whole
lot more people.

The rise in all diseases is directly proportional to the rise in
population, there are just too damn many people on this planet

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cancerous Spam Rise of Cancer

http://www.moneyfromsuckers.com/blog.html

--
Dan Goodman
All political parties die at last of swallowing their own lies.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
hob hob is offline

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> This can be attributed to tthe types of processed foods we chose to eat
> - a curse of development!

A false premise -

It can rather be attributed to
pollutants that are close enough to human hormones to bond in their place in
the cell shut-down mechanisms,
to increased radiation,
to longer safer lives that allow cancers to reach the stage of a fatal
disease,
to viruses that interfere with the growth-stop link in the DNA strand, and
to improved diagnosis -
plus a couple of other reasons having nothing to do with what we eat.

In fact, a strong case can be made that eating processed food removes
pollutants from combustion and cooking, removes them from the food and the
habitat air, pollutants/chemicals that are known carcinogens for many types
of cancers.

Processed food may exacerbate many environmentally-associated diseases, but
cancer is not one of them.

FWIW - the rise in breast cancer in the US since 1980 tracks only one known
chart of human behavior - the rise of women in the workplace.
Which is NOT related to an increase in "processed food", btw. Processed
food had been around since before the 1950s.

(You can also try to make the case that the end of polio created an increase
in cancer, or Spunik -- or for more likely probabilities - nuclear test
residue, or the change due to sol's oscillation along the edge of the
galactic plane.)

Sometimes crap just happens and it is beyond your control.

> But cancer can be stemmed - if we eat healthy.

Sorry - a circular fallacy -
What? if you get cancer, you must not have eaten "healthy"? No cancer - oh
, he must have eaten healthy. "See, G'mas healthy eating works" G'ma's
twinkies and hamburgers and a daily cigar killed her - at age 101. (my G'ma)

How about if you eat a lot of fruits and vegetables and your metabolism
slows, and thus with a slower metabolism you reach the bad replication point
in the DNA replication-limit-link ( 44-46) a lot later and then get cancer a
lot later- was it slowed metabolism or fruits and vegetables?

If only it were as simple as what you eat...

Not enough rise james Baking 6 02-07-2009 10:43 PM
Why didn't it rise? [email protected] General Cooking 1 26-03-2007 04:29 PM
Getting a rise in rye Felix Karpfen Sourdough 12 13-10-2005 08:09 PM
how to get a rise J Boehm Sourdough 3 08-12-2004 11:38 PM
Failing to get a second rise [email protected] Sourdough 1 28-04-2004 02:19 PM