Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Grande Marnier equivalent of orange extract.

I'm baking something which calls for a tablespoon of orange extract.
I woiuld like to substitute Grand Marnier, but don't have an idea of
how much. Any ideas?

Thaddeus L. Olczyk, PhD
Think twice, code once.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thaddeus L Olczyk said...

> I'm baking something which calls for a tablespoon of orange extract.
> I woiuld like to substitute Grand Marnier, but don't have an idea of
> how much. Any ideas?

Probably an airplane bottle's worth would be OK.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 17:01:14 GMT, Thaddeus L Olczyk >
wrote:

>I'm baking something which calls for a tablespoon of orange extract.
>I woiuld like to substitute Grand Marnier, but don't have an idea of
>how much. Any ideas?

What are you making?

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thaddeus L Olczyk wrote:

> I'm baking something which calls for a tablespoon of orange extract.
> I woiuld like to substitute Grand Marnier, but don't have an idea of
> how much. Any ideas?

Gran Marnier packs a lot of flavour, but not as much as orange
extract, and BTW, that sounds like a heck of a lot of orange
extract. You can substitute one for one and maintain liquid
balance, but you are going to need a lot of Gran Marnier to get
the orange flavour, though a little Gran Marnier is likely a heck
of a lot better than a lot of orange extract.

Orange rind vs. orange extract? [email protected] General Cooking 203 27-09-2015 11:29 PM
Orange rind vs. orange extract? Ed Pawlowski General Cooking 7 27-09-2015 12:35 AM
Regular vanilla extract (natural extract)? Shaynelle Vegan 0 03-01-2007 05:13 PM
Orange Extract Terry General Cooking 10 26-11-2006 01:38 PM
Equivalent to 'DOC/DOCG' in US [email protected] Wine 2 25-03-2006 05:18 AM