Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default silicone bakeware?

Anybody use this stuff? What do you think of it? How do it hold up with
use? Cleaning? I'm considering asking for some for Christmas. I hate my
old aluminum muffin pans.

Dawn

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dawn wrote:

> Anybody use this stuff? What do you think of it? How do it hold up with
> use? Cleaning? I'm considering asking for some for Christmas. I hate my
> old aluminum muffin pans.
>
> Dawn

I understand the "new" silicon cookware doesn't hold up too well,
literally! It may be quite durable, but in other words, it's not very
sturdy -- the sides of the larger silicon bakeware need support to keep
their form/shape. Personally, I'd rather invest the $$ in quality
'solid' metal (other than aluminum) or ceramic bakeware. YMWV.

Sky, who doesn't often bake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 23:55:13 GMT, Dawn >
wrote:

>Anybody use this stuff? What do you think of it?

I like it. It cleans easily, works well, and stores better than metal
(because it can be smooshed into small spaces). I just always have to
remember to account for the floppiness and use a cookie sheet. ;-)

Serene
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jke Jke is offline

"Dawn" > schreef in bericht
> Anybody use this stuff? What do you think of it? How do it hold up with
> use? Cleaning? I'm considering asking for some for Christmas. I hate my
> old aluminum muffin pans.

They work and can be dishwashed, unlike most of my other baking stuff. They
can go into the freezer, too.

However, they give less of a crust. Depending on what you're making, that
may an advantage or a disadvantage.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

For cupcakes and muffins, I use my regular cupcake pan with silicone
muffin "papers", which are shaped exactly like the regular muffin
liners. I wouldn't try using them without putting them in a regular
muffin pan, though. No more scraping and scouring a pan, liners just
rinse off easily.

I also enjoy my silicone spatulas, basters, and cookie sheet liners.

Denise in NH

Silicone bakeware [email protected] General Cooking 2 27-05-2011 11:57 PM
Silicone Bakeware BD[_1_] General Cooking 0 30-03-2009 12:30 AM
Silicone Bakeware Mary General Cooking 23 24-02-2005 04:09 PM
Silicone Bakeware???? Donna Baking 18 04-01-2005 07:22 AM
Silicone bakeware!?!? Andy General Cooking 2 09-12-2004 07:08 AM