Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC - Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies for Elaine

* Exported from MasterCook *

Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies

Recipe By :Carol Peterson
Serving Size : 42 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cookies/Bars Family Recipes

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sour cream
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups flour
6 ounces chocolate chips
1/2 cup nuts -- optional

1. Combine ingredients in order given.
2. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet.
3. Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.

Yield:
"3 1/2 dozen"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : The bad news is, these don't keep well. The good news is, they
won't have to!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies
>
> Recipe By :Carol Peterson
> Categories : Cookies/Bars Family Recipes

> 1 cup brown sugar
> 1 cup granulated sugar
> 1/2 cup vegetable oil
> 1/2 cup sour cream
> 2 large eggs
> 1 teaspoon baking soda
> 1/2 teaspoon salt
> 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
> 3 cups flour
> 6 ounces chocolate chips
> 1/2 cup nuts -- optional
>
> 1. Combine ingredients in order given.
> 2. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet.
> 3. Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
>
> Yield:
> "3 1/2 dozen"
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>

> NOTES : The bad news is, these don't keep well. The good news is, they
> won't have to!

Thanks, I have all this stuff. And will bake them tomorrow.

Might even double the recipe. They'll freeze.........will they?

elaine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 18:17:50 -0500, "elaine" >
wrote:

>"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
.. .

>> Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies
>>
>> NOTES : The bad news is, these don't keep well. The good news is, they
>> won't have to!

>Thanks, I have all this stuff. And will bake them tomorrow.
>
>Might even double the recipe. They'll freeze.........will they?

They freeze beautifully. If you leave them out for more than a day or
two, they get really, really dry. Like I say, though, they don't
usually last long enough to get dry. They're light and chewy and
wonderful! Please let me know how they turn out for you!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Might even double the recipe. They'll freeze.........will they?

I would think you need to eat them before they get cold.....<vbg>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 06:51:05 -0500, Ward Abbott >
wrote:

>On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 18:17:50 -0500, "elaine" >
>wrote:
>
>>Might even double the recipe. They'll freeze.........will they?

>I would think you need to eat them before they get cold.....<vbg>

Heehee! Excellent plan!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 18:17:50 -0500, "elaine" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies
>>>
>>> NOTES : The bad news is, these don't keep well. The good news is, they
>>> won't have to!

>>Thanks, I have all this stuff. And will bake them tomorrow.
>>
>>Might even double the recipe. They'll freeze.........will they?

> They freeze beautifully. If you leave them out for more than a day or
> two, they get really, really dry. Like I say, though, they don't
> usually last long enough to get dry. They're light and chewy and
> wonderful! Please let me know how they turn out for you!

I made them a couple of hours ago.

I fed the phone guy, another neigbour, my daughter and her friend.

No - I will not be freezing!, because they are almost all gone.

Thanks,

elaine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:10:28 -0500, "elaine" >
wrote:

>"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 18:17:50 -0500, "elaine" >
>> wrote:

>>>Thanks, I have all this stuff. And will bake them tomorrow.
>>>
>>>Might even double the recipe. They'll freeze.........will they?

>> They freeze beautifully. If you leave them out for more than a day or
>> two, they get really, really dry. Like I say, though, they don't
>> usually last long enough to get dry. They're light and chewy and
>> wonderful! Please let me know how they turn out for you!

>I made them a couple of hours ago.
>
>I fed the phone guy, another neigbour, my daughter and her friend.
>
>No - I will not be freezing!, because they are almost all gone.

ROFLMAO! They're too good not to eat, aren't they? I'm not a fan of
chocolate chip cookies, but these are in a class by themselves. I'm
so glad that you are enjoying them.

Carol