Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Paula Deen 10-1-06

Where's the recipe for that fried plantain and mango salsa? It's easy
enough to do, but I want to keep it on my hard drive!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote

> Where's the recipe for that fried plantain and mango salsa? It's easy
> enough to do, but I want to keep it on my hard drive!

They only described it, they just fried plantains slices and put
mango salsa on top of each. She said, mango, jalapeno, cilantro,
red pepper and onion.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 15:20:05 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

><sf> wrote
>
>> Where's the recipe for that fried plantain and mango salsa? It's easy
>> enough to do, but I want to keep it on my hard drive!

>They only described it, they just fried plantains slices and put
>mango salsa on top of each. She said, mango, jalapeno, cilantro,
>red pepper and onion.

Thanks, saw that part but thought I'd missed something somewhere...
especially when I blanked on the bread recipe that's listed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> <sf> wrote
>
>> Where's the recipe for that fried plantain and mango salsa? It's easy
>> enough to do, but I want to keep it on my hard drive!

> They only described it, they just fried plantains slices and put
> mango salsa on top of each. She said, mango, jalapeno, cilantro,
> red pepper and onion.

I do this, dicing up the fruit and veggies to make it into a salsa. I
also cut down on the sugar, and add some jalapeno. No plantain, but easy
enough to add diced, cooked plantain to it I bet?

* Exported from MasterCook *

Mango-Pepper Salad

Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Fruit Salads
Vegetables

1 large mango
1/2 red pepper
1/2 green pepper
1/4 red onion
3 tablespoons cilantro -- chopped
tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper -- to taste

chop or slice up vegetables as desired. Dress with remaining ingredients.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Goomba38" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:

>> They only described it, they just fried plantains slices and put
>> mango salsa on top of each. She said, mango, jalapeno, cilantro,
>> red pepper and onion.

> I do this, dicing up the fruit and veggies to make it into a salsa. I also
> cut down on the sugar, and add some jalapeno. No plantain, but easy enough
> to add diced, cooked plantain to it I bet?

Just to clarify, this was mango salsa served on top of fried plantain.
The plantain wasn't in the salsa.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy wrote:

> They only described it, they just fried plantains slices and put
> mango salsa on top of each. She said, mango, jalapeno, cilantro,
> red pepper and onion.

Seems like it'd benefit from something acidic, like lime juice.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2 Oct 2006 02:19:01 -0500, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>Nancy wrote:
>
>> They only described it, they just fried plantains slices and put
>> mango salsa on top of each. She said, mango, jalapeno, cilantro,
>> red pepper and onion.

>Seems like it'd benefit from something acidic, like lime juice.

I'm assuming lemon or lime juice was implied. Those who know how to
make a fruit salsa know, those who don't have to look up a recipe.