CB

Default Paula Deen

Don't you just love Paula Deen? I think she's hilarious and entertaining. I've
read some messages here where people are just knockin' her left and right. So
what, she says "tater" and enjoys food and uses canned crab. There's no need to
be snobbish about it.
Joe Pak

"CB" > wrote in message ...
> Don't you just love Paula Deen? I think she's hilarious and entertaining.

I've
> read some messages here where people are just knockin' her left and right.

So
> what, she says "tater" and enjoys food and uses canned crab. There's no

need to
> be snobbish about it.

It cracks me up to hear her turn "oil" into a two syllable word :-)

Damsel in dis Dress

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 13:00:38 -0500, "Joe Pak" >
wrote:

>It cracks me up to hear her turn "oil" into a two syllable word :-)

I just said "oil" out loud. It came out in two syllables. My mouth seems
incapable of producing that word with only one syllable.

Carol

SportKite1

>From: Damsel in dis Dress

>I just said "oil" out loud. It came out in two syllables. My mouth seems
>incapable of producing that word with only one syllable.

Maybe the poster meant "one syllable"?
Like 'OL"...KWIM?

Ellen

SportKite1

>From: Damsel in dis Dress

>I just said "oil" out loud. It came out in two syllables. My mouth seems
>incapable of producing that word with only one syllable.

Maybe the poster meant "one syllable"?
Like 'OL"...KWIM?

Ellen

Peter Aitken

"Joe Pak" > wrote in message

> "CB" > wrote in message

> > Don't you just love Paula Deen? I think she's hilarious and

entertaining.
> I've
> > read some messages here where people are just knockin' her left and

right.
> So
> > what, she says "tater" and enjoys food and uses canned crab. There's no

> need to
> > be snobbish about it.

> It cracks me up to hear her turn "oil" into a two syllable word :-)

Turning your nose up at canned crab is not snobbish. It's horrid stuff and
anyone with decent taste would do so.

--
Peter Aitken

Denise Lane

CB wrote:

> Don't you just love Paula Deen? I think she's hilarious and entertaining. I've
> read some messages here where people are just knockin' her left and right. So
> what, she says "tater" and enjoys food and uses canned crab. There's no need to
> be snobbish about it.

She certainly does enjoy food, doesn't she. Ever see the Crispy Creme
episode? I enjoy her show most of the time.

My biggest pet peeve is when the hosts take huge samples of the food &
then talk. Paula borders on annoying, but the worst offender IMO is
Sandra Lee. She takes the biggest bite possible, talks without
swallowing and practically sprays the cameraman with crumbs. Eeww.
Denise Lane

CB wrote:

> Don't you just love Paula Deen? I think she's hilarious and entertaining. I've
> read some messages here where people are just knockin' her left and right. So
> what, she says "tater" and enjoys food and uses canned crab. There's no need to
> be snobbish about it.

She certainly does enjoy food, doesn't she. Ever see the Crispy Creme
episode? I enjoy her show most of the time.

My biggest pet peeve is when the hosts take huge samples of the food &
then talk. Paula borders on annoying, but the worst offender IMO is
Sandra Lee. She takes the biggest bite possible, talks without
swallowing and practically sprays the cameraman with crumbs. Eeww.
Nancy Young

Denise Lane wrote:

> CB wrote:
>
> > Don't you just love Paula Deen? I think she's hilarious and entertaining. I've
> > read some messages here where people are just knockin' her left and right. So
> > what, she says "tater" and enjoys food and uses canned crab. There's no need to
> > be snobbish about it.

> She certainly does enjoy food, doesn't she. Ever see the Crispy Creme
> episode? I enjoy her show most of the time.

As much as I like her, that episode is unwatchable. Makes my teeth
curl. Made me laugh when someone said Northerners liked their food
sweet. Not this one.

> My biggest pet peeve is when the hosts take huge samples of the food &
> then talk. Paula borders on annoying, but the worst offender IMO is
> Sandra Lee. She takes the biggest bite possible, talks without
> swallowing and practically sprays the cameraman with crumbs. Eeww.

I wish I could take as big bites of some of these show hosts. Man.
Take human bites!!!!!!

nancy

SportKite1

>From: Damsel in dis Dress

>Gotcha! Thanks. Is Paula Deen that grandmotherly type? I don't watch
>Food TV very often, because it makes me want to eat! LOL!
>
>Carol

She's a good ol' Savannah girl. Story is that she became a single mom when her
son's were pre-teens. She made sandwiches or something like that, that her
son's took around to sell to make money. Eventually she opened a restaurant
called Lady and Sons in Savannah. It's a real southern style eatery. Her son's
help run it with the help of true southern cooks if you know what I mean. Last
year she married a good ol' boy from Savannah, and they had their reception at
the restaurant. I think she's in her late 50's, early 60's but I'm terrible at
guessing age.

Having just turned 50 two days ago I'm entitled. *bleh*

Ellen

Goomba38

CB wrote:
> Don't you just love Paula Deen? I think she's hilarious and entertaining. I've
> read some messages here where people are just knockin' her left and right. So
> what, she says "tater" and enjoys food and uses canned crab. There's no need to
> be snobbish about it.

She's white trash, baby. No snobbery there. And
her annoying laugh is like nails on a chalkboard.
Goomba (who IS down south, so knows)

Goomba38

CB wrote:
> Don't you just love Paula Deen? I think she's hilarious and entertaining. I've
> read some messages here where people are just knockin' her left and right. So
> what, she says "tater" and enjoys food and uses canned crab. There's no need to
> be snobbish about it.

She's white trash, baby. No snobbery there. And
her annoying laugh is like nails on a chalkboard.
Goomba (who IS down south, so knows)

Goomba38

SportKite1 wrote:

>>From: Damsel in dis Dress

>>Gotcha! Thanks. Is Paula Deen that grandmotherly type? I don't watch
>>Food TV very often, because it makes me want to eat! LOL!
>>
>>Carol

> She's a good ol' Savannah girl.
> Ellen

She's not from Savannah or was she raised there.
She moved there as a divorced mom from Albany, GA.
That explains the accent.
Goomba

Goomba38

SportKite1 wrote:

>>From: Damsel in dis Dress

>>Gotcha! Thanks. Is Paula Deen that grandmotherly type? I don't watch
>>Food TV very often, because it makes me want to eat! LOL!
>>
>>Carol

> She's a good ol' Savannah girl.
> Ellen

She's not from Savannah or was she raised there.
She moved there as a divorced mom from Albany, GA.
That explains the accent.
Goomba

SportKite1

>From: Goomba38

>She's white trash, baby. No snobbery there. And
>her annoying laugh is like nails on a chalkboard.
>Goomba (who IS down south, so knows)

Interesting, the vernacular - "white trash".
What makes Paula Deen "white trash"?
Her cooking?
Her lifestyle?
Her heritage?

Ellen

SportKite1

>From: Goomba38

>She's white trash, baby. No snobbery there. And
>her annoying laugh is like nails on a chalkboard.
>Goomba (who IS down south, so knows)

Interesting, the vernacular - "white trash".
What makes Paula Deen "white trash"?
Her cooking?
Her lifestyle?
Her heritage?

Ellen

SportKite1

>From: Goomba38

>She's not from Savannah or was she raised there.
>She moved there as a divorced mom from Albany, GA.
>That explains the accent.
>Goomba

Thanks for the heads up.

Ellen

SportKite1

>From: Goomba38

>She's not from Savannah or was she raised there.
>She moved there as a divorced mom from Albany, GA.
>That explains the accent.
>Goomba

Thanks for the heads up.

Ellen

Snowfeet1

LIke Tyler Florence?
Snowfeet1

LIke Tyler Florence?
Nancy Young

Snowfeet1 wrote:

> LIke Tyler Florence?

What are you talking about, no offense.

nancy

Nancy Young

Snowfeet1 wrote:

> LIke Tyler Florence?

What are you talking about, no offense.

nancy
Boron Elgar

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 16:09:30 -0500, Goomba38 >
wrote:

>CB wrote:
>> Don't you just love Paula Deen? I think she's hilarious and entertaining. I've
>> read some messages here where people are just knockin' her left and right. So
>> what, she says "tater" and enjoys food and uses canned crab. There's no need to
>> be snobbish about it.

>She's white trash, baby. No snobbery there. And
>her annoying laugh is like nails on a chalkboard.
>Goomba (who IS down south, so knows)

Then she's white trash with what looks like a $25,000+ La Cornue range
in her kitchen. That's the kind of white trash I want to be. That kind
of stove might even trump being a Trollop!

http://www.lacornue.com/an/prod1.htm
Peter Aitken

"SportKite1" > wrote in message
> >From: Goomba38

> >She's white trash, baby. No snobbery there. And
> >her annoying laugh is like nails on a chalkboard.
> >Goomba (who IS down south, so knows)
> >

> Interesting, the vernacular - "white trash".
> What makes Paula Deen "white trash"?
> Her cooking?
> Her lifestyle?
> Her heritage?
>
> Ellen

Yes.

(I have no idea who Deen is, but your definition fits the term)

--
Peter Aitken

Denise Lane

> Then she's white trash with what looks like a $25,000+ La Cornue range
> in her kitchen. That's the kind of white trash I want to be. That kind
> of stove might even trump being a Trollop!

....and that refrigerator, to die for.

Goomba38

Boron Elgar wrote:

> Then she's white trash with what looks like a $25,000+ La Cornue range
> in her kitchen. That's the kind of white trash I want to be. That kind
> of stove might even trump being a Trollop!
>
> http://www.lacornue.com/an/prod1.htm

Is that what kind it is? It is gorgeous for sure.
The oven always looks a bit small, yet seems to be
quite deep. I thought it must have been some
refurbished antique stove. There is a huge
business for that in Atlanta, and if you bring
your stove in you'll have a year wait for the turn
around. But they're busy as all get out.
Goomba

Boron Elgar

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:04:02 -0500, Goomba38 >
wrote:

>Boron Elgar wrote:
>
>> Then she's white trash with what looks like a $25,000+ La Cornue range
>> in her kitchen. That's the kind of white trash I want to be. That kind
>> of stove might even trump being a Trollop!
>>
>> http://www.lacornue.com/an/prod1.htm

>Is that what kind it is? It is gorgeous for sure.
>The oven always looks a bit small, yet seems to be
> quite deep. I thought it must have been some
>refurbished antique stove. There is a huge
>business for that in Atlanta, and if you bring
>your stove in you'll have a year wait for the turn
>around. But they're busy as all get out.
>Goomba

I *think* that is what it is. I have seen them in person, but the TV
show doesn't often give a really good view of it. To behold one of the
La Cornue stoves in real life is a pleasure.

Boron
pennyaline

"Denise Lane" wrote:
> CB wrote:
>
> > Don't you just love Paula Deen? I think she's hilarious and

entertaining. I've
> > read some messages here where people are just knockin' her left and

right. So
> > what, she says "tater" and enjoys food and uses canned crab. There's no

need to
> > be snobbish about it.

> She certainly does enjoy food, doesn't she. Ever see the Crispy Creme
> episode? I enjoy her show most of the time.

She surely does enjoy food, and her penchant for smearing it in and around
her mouth and those crinkly lips turns my stomach! And that's *before* she
starts bleating out another hosanna for it, with the same heap of food still
rolling around in her maw. I'm talking about while she's still chewing like
a ruminant.

But contrary to the original poster, I don't knock her for saying 'taters
and for using faux seafood. I knock her for being a bellerin' bovine.

That hogcall of a "YAAAOWLLLL"... someone tell her, please, that it's
"y'all."

> My biggest pet peeve is when the hosts take huge samples of the food &
> then talk. Paula borders on annoying, but the worst offender IMO is
> Sandra Lee. She takes the biggest bite possible, talks without
> swallowing and practically sprays the cameraman with crumbs. Eeww.

In the privacy of my own home I might... might... lick the mixer paddle. But
if I had my own show, you wouldn't see me dead doing it on TV!

Another TV "chef" I can't stand to see eating is Ina Garten, but maybe it's
just because she spends most of her telemeals laughing like there's a gun
pointed at her head.

Goomba38

pennyaline wrote:

> Another TV "chef" I can't stand to see eating is Ina Garten, but maybe it's
> just because she spends most of her telemeals laughing like there's a gun
> pointed at her head.

Oh yeah.. I agree. I don't know why she annoys me
so. I do love her shiny hair, but hate it all the
same as it's always flopping down in her face. I
will say that her dishes have more flavors than
just "sweet" also. She has a touch more polish to
her than Paula Deen with her "nails on a
chalkboard" accent and never ending giggle.
Goomba

Edwin Pawlowski

"CB" > wrote in message ...
> Don't you just love Paula Deen? I think she's hilarious and entertaining.
> I've
> read some messages here where people are just knockin' her left and right.
> So
> what, she says "tater" and enjoys food and uses canned crab. There's no
> need to
> be snobbish about it.

She turned me off the first time I ever saw her. I hate it when people
spout pure out and out rubbish, even if it was not food related. She was
going on about making this meal for her boyfriend and they were going to
ride on his Harley. She mentioned "Harley" at least a half dozen times.
So, what kind of bike does he have? He rides up on a BMW!

If she can't tell a Harley from a BMW, can I trust her to tell me about the
ingredients in a recipe?

Edwin Pawlowski

"CB" > wrote in message ...
> Don't you just love Paula Deen? I think she's hilarious and entertaining.
> I've
> read some messages here where people are just knockin' her left and right.
> So
> what, she says "tater" and enjoys food and uses canned crab. There's no
> need to
> be snobbish about it.

She turned me off the first time I ever saw her. I hate it when people
spout pure out and out rubbish, even if it was not food related. She was
going on about making this meal for her boyfriend and they were going to
ride on his Harley. She mentioned "Harley" at least a half dozen times.
So, what kind of bike does he have? He rides up on a BMW!

If she can't tell a Harley from a BMW, can I trust her to tell me about the
ingredients in a recipe?

Denise Lane

>>My biggest pet peeve is when the hosts take huge samples of the food &
>>then talk. Paula borders on annoying, but the worst offender IMO is
>>Sandra Lee. She takes the biggest bite possible, talks without
>>swallowing and practically sprays the cameraman with crumbs. Eeww.

> In the privacy of my own home I might... might... lick the mixer paddle. But
> if I had my own show, you wouldn't see me dead doing it on TV!
>
> Another TV "chef" I can't stand to see eating is Ina Garten, but maybe it's
> just because she spends most of her telemeals laughing like there's a gun
> pointed at her head.

Grr, I never watch her. Somebody actually had suggested a syndrome for
her laughter & for the life of me I cannot rememver who wrote it or what
the name of the syndrome was. It had to do with pointlessly laughing at
nothing & everything.
Denise Lane

>>My biggest pet peeve is when the hosts take huge samples of the food &
>>then talk. Paula borders on annoying, but the worst offender IMO is
>>Sandra Lee. She takes the biggest bite possible, talks without
>>swallowing and practically sprays the cameraman with crumbs. Eeww.

> In the privacy of my own home I might... might... lick the mixer paddle. But
> if I had my own show, you wouldn't see me dead doing it on TV!
>
> Another TV "chef" I can't stand to see eating is Ina Garten, but maybe it's
> just because she spends most of her telemeals laughing like there's a gun
> pointed at her head.

Grr, I never watch her. Somebody actually had suggested a syndrome for
her laughter & for the life of me I cannot rememver who wrote it or what
the name of the syndrome was. It had to do with pointlessly laughing at
nothing & everything.
Tara

I love her to death. She reminds me of my mom's sisters. Imagine
seven Paula Deens, all drunk, and you'll know what holidays with the
family were like!

Tara
Tara

I love her to death. She reminds me of my mom's sisters. Imagine
seven Paula Deens, all drunk, and you'll know what holidays with the
family were like!

Tara

My take on the Paula Deen story ImStillMags General Cooking 41 02-07-2013 08:28 PM
Paula Deen, OOPS! Andy[_15_] General Cooking 0 15-11-2009 06:03 PM
Paula Deen 10-1-06 sf General Cooking 6 03-10-2006 03:38 AM
I ate at Paula Deen's place Goomba38 General Cooking 59 26-09-2006 04:20 PM
I Don't like Paula Deen [email protected] General Cooking 87 18-09-2006 07:32 PM