Old 20-05-2006, 07:54 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default glucose profile after eating

Ley's say your blood sugar runs between 75-110 before you eat - if you eat a
low sugar/carb meal - what is "normal' blood sugar levels 1, 2 and 4 hours
after eating? would it run someting like 135, 175 and then 85? or is this
impossible to guestimate? should your morning ratio always be between 75-110
for a normal reading?

Old 20-05-2006, 08:52 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article ,
"snickers" wrote:

Ley's say your blood sugar runs between 75-110 before you eat - if you eat a
low sugar/carb meal - what is "normal' blood sugar levels 1, 2 and 4 hours
after eating? would it run someting like 135, 175 and then 85? or is this
impossible to guestimate? should your morning ratio always be between 75-110
for a normal reading?

What I try to stay within is: under 140 at 1 hour and under 120 at 2
hours. That is what I've been told will keep my BG in "normal" range.
At 4 hours, if weren't 1 or 2 hours post a snack, I'd expect to be in
the mid-low 80s.

I don't know what you mean by "morning ratio." For diagnostic purposes,
a normal fasting BG reading is under 100. 100-125 is pre-diabetic or
impaired glucose tolerance. 126+ is diabetic.

Priscilla
Old 20-05-2006, 11:13 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"snickers" wrote in message
Ley's say your blood sugar runs between 75-110 before you eat - if you eat
a low sugar/carb meal - what is "normal' blood sugar levels 1, 2 and 4
hours after eating?

No, you wouldn't get a rise at all. I've tested my kids after a pasta and
chocolate ice-cream meal; not a flicker.

Personally, I eat low-spike, and try to stay under the figures Priscilla
quoted you. Only one figure higher than that so far this year, and that was
a bad choice at a Chinese restaurant.

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.4/6 T2 DX 05/2004
1g Metformin, 100ug Thyroxine

Old 21-05-2006, 08:26 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

My endochronologist says normal fasting (2nd thing in morning) is
between 80 and 143. 126 IS NOT considered diabetic. Check with your
doctor. Don't believe anybody on here.

Old 21-05-2006, 09:00 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article ,
Glenn wrote:

My endochronologist

Not time, glands... endoCRINologist.

says normal fasting (2nd

Second?

thing in morning) is
between 80 and 143. 126 IS NOT considered diabetic. Check with your
doctor. Don't believe anybody on here.

126+ on two repeated fasting BGs is diagnostic of diabetes in the US.
Where are you?

Priscilla

Old 21-05-2006, 09:12 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Priscilla Ballou" wrote in message
Glenn wrote:

My endochronologist

Not time, glands... endoCRINologist.

Nah - he's clearly behind the times : )

Old 22-05-2006, 01:07 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

looks like you are the only one who responded that is here to assist. The
rest seem to be juveniles playing around in a serious forum.

I appreciate your feedback.

Dj

Old 22-05-2006, 03:19 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"snickers" wrote in message
Ley's say your blood sugar runs between 75-110 before you eat - if you eat

low sugar/carb meal - what is "normal' blood sugar levels 1, 2 and 4 hours
after eating? would it run someting like 135, 175 and then 85? or is this
impossible to guestimate? should your morning ratio always be between

75-110
for a normal reading?

Normal would still be between 75-110. If it's above that you are either
diabetic or prediabetic. I don't know what you mean by morning ratio.

Most diabetics aim for 110 fasting, and 120 at two hours after eating.

--
See my webpage:

Old 22-05-2006, 03:21 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"snickers" wrote in message
looks like you are the only one who responded that is here to assist. The
rest seem to be juveniles playing around in a serious forum.

I appreciate your feedback.

This NG doesn't get a lot of traffic. You'd get a much quicker response at
alt.support.diabetes. But even there, Sunday is a slow day there.

--
See my webpage:

Old 22-05-2006, 03:23 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"snickers" wrote in message
all normal folks have a blood sugar increase - should not be flat after

carb
intake

Nobody has flat BG. But non diabetics will never go out of normal range
unless perhaps they are taking a steroid or have something like a thyroid
problem or pancreas problem. These are the exceptions. Otherwise they can
eat whatever they want in terms of carbs and they won't spike.

--
See my webpage:

Old 22-05-2006, 03:24 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Glenn" wrote in message
. com...
My endochronologist says normal fasting (2nd thing in morning) is
between 80 and 143. 126 IS NOT considered diabetic. Check with your
doctor. Don't believe anybody on here.

Time to get a new Endo!

--
See my webpage:

Old 22-05-2006, 08:53 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"snickers" wrote in message
all normal folks have a blood sugar increase - should not be flat after
carb intake

No, you're wrong - try testing some! What happens in normies is that there's
a flood of stored insulin in response to the first sniff of carbs. This is
often enough to mop up all of the bg from fast carbs. This Phase 1 response
is missing in diabetics. T2s can, however, produce a weakened Phase 2
response, which in both diabetics and normies is there to mop up slower
acting carbs.

Nicky.

Old 23-05-2006, 02:30 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

snickers wrote:
Ley's say your blood sugar runs between 75-110 before you eat - if you eat a
low sugar/carb meal - what is "normal' blood sugar levels 1, 2 and 4 hours
after eating? would it run someting like 135, 175 and then 85? or is this
impossible to guestimate? should your morning ratio always be between 75-110
for a normal reading?

Actually you can see recommended bg levels for diabetics compared to
normies at this site

http://www.joslin.org/Beginners_guide_523.asp

--
Trials Make Us Stronger