Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default glucose profile after eating

Ley's say your blood sugar runs between 75-110 before you eat - if you eat a
low sugar/carb meal - what is "normal' blood sugar levels 1, 2 and 4 hours
after eating? would it run someting like 135, 175 and then 85? or is this
impossible to guestimate? should your morning ratio always be between 75-110
for a normal reading?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"snickers" > wrote:

> Ley's say your blood sugar runs between 75-110 before you eat - if you eat a
> low sugar/carb meal - what is "normal' blood sugar levels 1, 2 and 4 hours
> after eating? would it run someting like 135, 175 and then 85? or is this
> impossible to guestimate? should your morning ratio always be between 75-110
> for a normal reading?

What I try to stay within is: under 140 at 1 hour and under 120 at 2
hours. That is what I've been told will keep my BG in "normal" range.
At 4 hours, if weren't 1 or 2 hours post a snack, I'd expect to be in
the mid-low 80s.

I don't know what you mean by "morning ratio." For diagnostic purposes,
a normal fasting BG reading is under 100. 100-125 is pre-diabetic or
impaired glucose tolerance. 126+ is diabetic.

Priscilla
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"snickers" > wrote in message
> Ley's say your blood sugar runs between 75-110 before you eat - if you eat
> a low sugar/carb meal - what is "normal' blood sugar levels 1, 2 and 4
> hours after eating?

No, you wouldn't get a rise at all. I've tested my kids after a pasta and
chocolate ice-cream meal; not a flicker.

Personally, I eat low-spike, and try to stay under the figures Priscilla
quoted you. Only one figure higher than that so far this year, and that was
a bad choice at a Chinese restaurant.

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.4/<6 T2 DX 05/2004
1g Metformin, 100ug Thyroxine

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

My endochronologist says normal fasting (2nd thing in morning) is
between 80 and 143. 126 IS NOT considered diabetic. Check with your
doctor. Don't believe anybody on here.

snickers wrote:
> Ley's say your blood sugar runs between 75-110 before you eat - if you eat a
> low sugar/carb meal - what is "normal' blood sugar levels 1, 2 and 4 hours
> after eating? would it run someting like 135, 175 and then 85? or is this
> impossible to guestimate? should your morning ratio always be between 75-110
> for a normal reading?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article > ,
Glenn > wrote:

> My endochronologist

Not time, glands... endoCRINologist.

> says normal fasting (2nd

Second?

> thing in morning) is
> between 80 and 143. 126 IS NOT considered diabetic. Check with your
> doctor. Don't believe anybody on here.

126+ on two repeated fasting BGs is diagnostic of diabetes in the US.
Where are you?

Priscilla

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Priscilla Ballou" > wrote in message
> In article > ,
> Glenn > wrote:
>
>> My endochronologist

> Not time, glands... endoCRINologist.

Nah - he's clearly behind the times : )

>> says normal fasting (2nd

> Second?
>
>> thing in morning) is
>> between 80 and 143. 126 IS NOT considered diabetic. Check with your
>> doctor. Don't believe anybody on here.

> 126+ on two repeated fasting BGs is diagnostic of diabetes in the US.
> Where are you?

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.4/<6 T2 DX 05/2004
1g Metformin, 100ug Thyroxine
95/73/72Kg

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

all normal folks have a blood sugar increase - should not be flat after carb
intake

"Nicky" > wrote in message

> "snickers" > wrote in message
>> Ley's say your blood sugar runs between 75-110 before you eat - if you
>> eat a low sugar/carb meal - what is "normal' blood sugar levels 1, 2 and
>> 4 hours after eating?

> No, you wouldn't get a rise at all. I've tested my kids after a pasta and
> chocolate ice-cream meal; not a flicker.
>
> Personally, I eat low-spike, and try to stay under the figures Priscilla
> quoted you. Only one figure higher than that so far this year, and that
> was a bad choice at a Chinese restaurant.
>
> Nicky.
>
> --
> A1c 10.5/5.4/<6 T2 DX 05/2004
> 1g Metformin, 100ug Thyroxine
> 95/73/72Kg

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

looks like you are the only one who responded that is here to assist. The
rest seem to be juveniles playing around in a serious forum.

I appreciate your feedback.

Dj

"Priscilla Ballou" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "snickers" > wrote:
>
>> Ley's say your blood sugar runs between 75-110 before you eat - if you
>> eat a
>> low sugar/carb meal - what is "normal' blood sugar levels 1, 2 and 4
>> hours
>> after eating? would it run someting like 135, 175 and then 85? or is this
>> impossible to guestimate? should your morning ratio always be between
>> 75-110
>> for a normal reading?

> What I try to stay within is: under 140 at 1 hour and under 120 at 2
> hours. That is what I've been told will keep my BG in "normal" range.
> At 4 hours, if weren't 1 or 2 hours post a snack, I'd expect to be in
> the mid-low 80s.
>
> I don't know what you mean by "morning ratio." For diagnostic purposes,
> a normal fasting BG reading is under 100. 100-125 is pre-diabetic or
> impaired glucose tolerance. 126+ is diabetic.
>
> Priscilla

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"snickers" > wrote in message
> Ley's say your blood sugar runs between 75-110 before you eat - if you eat

> low sugar/carb meal - what is "normal' blood sugar levels 1, 2 and 4 hours
> after eating? would it run someting like 135, 175 and then 85? or is this
> impossible to guestimate? should your morning ratio always be between

75-110
> for a normal reading?

Normal would still be between 75-110. If it's above that you are either
diabetic or prediabetic. I don't know what you mean by morning ratio.

Most diabetics aim for <110 fasting, and <120 at two hours after eating.

--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"snickers" > wrote in message
> looks like you are the only one who responded that is here to assist. The
> rest seem to be juveniles playing around in a serious forum.
>
> I appreciate your feedback.

This NG doesn't get a lot of traffic. You'd get a much quicker response at
alt.support.diabetes. But even there, Sunday is a slow day there.

--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"snickers" > wrote in message
> all normal folks have a blood sugar increase - should not be flat after

carb
> intake

Nobody has flat BG. But non diabetics will never go out of normal range
unless perhaps they are taking a steroid or have something like a thyroid
problem or pancreas problem. These are the exceptions. Otherwise they can
eat whatever they want in terms of carbs and they won't spike.

--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Glenn" > wrote in message
. com...
> My endochronologist says normal fasting (2nd thing in morning) is
> between 80 and 143. 126 IS NOT considered diabetic. Check with your
> doctor. Don't believe anybody on here.

Time to get a new Endo!

--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"snickers" > wrote in message
> all normal folks have a blood sugar increase - should not be flat after
> carb intake

No, you're wrong - try testing some! What happens in normies is that there's
a flood of stored insulin in response to the first sniff of carbs. This is
often enough to mop up all of the bg from fast carbs. This Phase 1 response
is missing in diabetics. T2s can, however, produce a weakened Phase 2
response, which in both diabetics and normies is there to mop up slower
acting carbs.

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.4/<6 T2 DX 05/2004
1g Metformin, 100ug Thyroxine
95/73/72Kg

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

snickers wrote:
> Ley's say your blood sugar runs between 75-110 before you eat - if you eat a
> low sugar/carb meal - what is "normal' blood sugar levels 1, 2 and 4 hours
> after eating? would it run someting like 135, 175 and then 85? or is this
> impossible to guestimate? should your morning ratio always be between 75-110
> for a normal reading?

Actually you can see recommended bg levels for diabetics compared to
normies at this site

http://www.joslin.org/Beginners_guide_523.asp

--
Trials Make Us Stronger