Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Priscilla Ballou Priscilla Ballou is offline

Default glucose profile after eating

In article >,
"snickers" > wrote:

> Ley's say your blood sugar runs between 75-110 before you eat - if you eat a
> low sugar/carb meal - what is "normal' blood sugar levels 1, 2 and 4 hours
> after eating? would it run someting like 135, 175 and then 85? or is this
> impossible to guestimate? should your morning ratio always be between 75-110
> for a normal reading?

What I try to stay within is: under 140 at 1 hour and under 120 at 2
hours. That is what I've been told will keep my BG in "normal" range.
At 4 hours, if weren't 1 or 2 hours post a snack, I'd expect to be in
the mid-low 80s.

I don't know what you mean by "morning ratio." For diagnostic purposes,
a normal fasting BG reading is under 100. 100-125 is pre-diabetic or
impaired glucose tolerance. 126+ is diabetic.

Priscilla