EwwHww

Default How to live on 30 carbs a day

Breakfast: 3 egg whites and 1 fat free hot dog fried in Pam.
Sprinkle just a little non fat shredded cheddar
1 Jalapeño Pepper
(cook like a skillet omelet)
1 cup decaff coffee (if you can take caffeine then go for
it)

Lunch: 1/2 cup salad mix (the cheap kind)
1/6 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
2 teaspoons no fat dressing with splenda
1 can Diet Rite

Supper: 4 ounces lean Top Sirloin (grilled)
1/2 cup frozen spinach
1/2 cup frozen green beans
1 can Diet Rite or 2 cups of Good Tea (No caffeine if
needed)
and flavor with your favorite sugar substitute.

What do you think? I also recommend drinking 8 glasses of water a day too.

EwwHww

EwwHww wrote:
> Breakfast: 3 egg whites and 1 fat free hot dog fried in Pam.
> Sprinkle just a little non fat shredded cheddar
> 1 Jalapeño Pepper
> (cook like a skillet omelet)
> 1 cup decaff coffee (if you can take caffeine then go
> for it)
>
> Lunch: 1/2 cup salad mix (the cheap kind)
> 1/6 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese

oops 1 slice of 97% fat free ham (the thin kind from Sams)
sliced up
> 2 teaspoons no fat dressing with splenda

combine above and mix
> 1 can Diet Rite
>
> Supper: 4 ounces lean Top Sirloin (grilled)
> 1/2 cup frozen spinach
> 1/2 cup frozen green beans
> 1 can Diet Rite or 2 cups of Good Tea (No caffeine
> if needed)
> and flavor with your favorite sugar substitute.
>

> What do you think? I also recommend drinking 8 glasses of water a
> day too.

Monsur Fromage du Pollet

EwwHww wrote on 03 May 2005 in alt.food.diabetic

> Breakfast: 3 egg whites and 1 fat free hot dog fried in Pam.
> Sprinkle just a little non fat shredded cheddar
> 1 Jalapeño Pepper
> (cook like a skillet omelet)
> 1 cup decaff coffee (if you can take caffeine
> then go for
> it)
>
> Lunch: 1/2 cup salad mix (the cheap kind)
> 1/6 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
> 2 teaspoons no fat dressing with splenda
> 1 can Diet Rite
>
> Supper: 4 ounces lean Top Sirloin (grilled)
> 1/2 cup frozen spinach
> 1/2 cup frozen green beans
> 1 can Diet Rite or 2 cups of Good Tea (No
> caffeine if
> needed)
> and flavor with your favorite sugar
> substitute.
>

> What do you think? I also recommend drinking 8 glasses of water a
> day too.

There are no carbs in Fat. In fact the fat gets all burnt up and your
LDL level drops...so go full fat... at least at 20 carbs a day it does.

So go mad use real eggs...real hard cheeses. I found that skin left on
chicken works well in the low carb diet.

Type 2 Diabetic Since Aug 2004
1AC- 7.2, 7.3, 5.5, 5.6 mmol
Weight from 265 down to 219 lbs. and dropping.
Continuing to be Manitoban
None Given

"EwwHww" > wrote in message
> Breakfast: 3 egg whites and 1 fat free hot dog fried in Pam.
> Sprinkle just a little non fat shredded cheddar
> 1 Jalapeño Pepper
> (cook like a skillet omelet)
> 1 cup decaff coffee (if you can take caffeine then go for
> it)
>
> Lunch: 1/2 cup salad mix (the cheap kind)
> 1/6 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
> 2 teaspoons no fat dressing with splenda
> 1 can Diet Rite
>
> Supper: 4 ounces lean Top Sirloin (grilled)
> 1/2 cup frozen spinach
> 1/2 cup frozen green beans
> 1 can Diet Rite or 2 cups of Good Tea (No caffeine if
> needed)
> and flavor with your favorite sugar substitute.
>

> What do you think? I also recommend drinking 8 glasses of water a day

too.

You aren't getting anywhere near enough fat You're eating almost none at
all, bad idea.

--
No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes

Alan S

On Tue, 3 May 2005 17:11:36 -0500, "EwwHww"
> wrote:

>Breakfast: 3 egg whites and 1 fat free hot dog fried in Pam.
> Sprinkle just a little non fat shredded cheddar
> 1 Jalapeño Pepper
> (cook like a skillet omelet)
> 1 cup decaff coffee (if you can take caffeine then go for
>it)
>
>Lunch: 1/2 cup salad mix (the cheap kind)
> 1/6 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
> 2 teaspoons no fat dressing with splenda
> 1 can Diet Rite
>
>Supper: 4 ounces lean Top Sirloin (grilled)
> 1/2 cup frozen spinach
> 1/2 cup frozen green beans
> 1 can Diet Rite or 2 cups of Good Tea (No caffeine if
>needed)
> and flavor with your favorite sugar substitute.
>

>What do you think? I also recommend drinking 8 glasses of water a day too.

Hi

Are you intending this to be an every day menu or is it
representative of a general idea? What, if anything, are you
planning for between-meal snacks?

If it's going to be the same thing every day, it may bore
you very quickly and appears to be light in some nutrients
and vitamins. I'm not certain what's in your salad mix, but
it would appear to be very low in fibre too.

Be careful of hot dogs and all forms of sausage. The carb
and fat level in them varies enormously depending on the
manufacturer. Some are excellent, and some can be up to 20%
carbs. Let your the label or your meter guide you there.

For omelettes I use whole eggs, but fewer of them. For
example, this morning's breakfast was a single egg frittata,
including a rasher of bacon (cooked, drained and chopped)
and 1/2 cup of mixed veges (see http://tinyurl.com/9o6fq)
topped with full-fat mozzarella and finished under the grill
(broiler).

Full-fat cheese is usually around 30-35% fat. Non-fat tastes
like plastic to me, and low-fat is usually about 20% fat. So
I use full-fat, but less of it.

First impressions are that it's heavy in red meat and zero
in fish. I'll analyze it a little and get back to you.

Is there any particular reason why you've chosen 30 carbs
per day as your target?

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.

Priscilla Ballou

In article >,
"EwwHww" > wrote:

> Breakfast: 3 egg whites and 1 fat free hot dog fried in Pam.
> Sprinkle just a little non fat shredded cheddar
> 1 Jalapeño Pepper
> (cook like a skillet omelet)
> 1 cup decaff coffee (if you can take caffeine then go for
> it)
>
> Lunch: 1/2 cup salad mix (the cheap kind)
> 1/6 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
> 2 teaspoons no fat dressing with splenda
> 1 can Diet Rite
>
> Supper: 4 ounces lean Top Sirloin (grilled)
> 1/2 cup frozen spinach
> 1/2 cup frozen green beans
> 1 can Diet Rite or 2 cups of Good Tea (No caffeine if
> needed)
> and flavor with your favorite sugar substitute.
>

> What do you think? I also recommend drinking 8 glasses of water a day too.

Not enough fat. Not *nearly* enough fat.

Priscilla
--
"You can't welcome someone into a body of Christ and then say only
certain rooms are open." -- dancertm in alt.religion.christian.episcopal
EwwHww

Monsur Fromage du Pollet wrote:
> There are no carbs in Fat. In fact the fat gets all burnt up and your
> LDL level drops...so go full fat... at least at 20 carbs a day it
> does.
>
> So go mad use real eggs...real hard cheeses. I found that skin left on
> chicken works well in the low carb diet.

The problem is I am very overweight. I am 6'2" and weighed in last thursday
at 283. And I have small bones. That is the reason for the low fat diet.
Plus, type 2 diabetes can be cured with weight loss and exercise. I am doing
both.

EwwHww

None Given wrote:
> "EwwHww" > wrote in message
>> Breakfast: 3 egg whites and 1 fat free hot dog fried in Pam.
>> Sprinkle just a little non fat shredded cheddar
>> 1 Jalapeño Pepper
>> (cook like a skillet omelet)
>> 1 cup decaff coffee (if you can take caffeine then
>> go for it)
>>
>> Lunch: 1/2 cup salad mix (the cheap kind)
>> 1/6 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
>> 2 teaspoons no fat dressing with splenda
>> 1 can Diet Rite
>>
>> Supper: 4 ounces lean Top Sirloin (grilled)
>> 1/2 cup frozen spinach
>> 1/2 cup frozen green beans
>> 1 can Diet Rite or 2 cups of Good Tea (No
>> caffeine if needed)
>> and flavor with your favorite sugar substitute.
>>

>> What do you think? I also recommend drinking 8 glasses of water a
>> day too.

> You aren't getting anywhere near enough fat You're eating almost
> none at all, bad idea.

I have enough on my body. LOL Seriously, I am getting rid of my excess fat
as fast as I can.

EwwHww

Alan S wrote:

> Hi
>
> Are you intending this to be an every day menu or is it
> representative of a general idea? What, if anything, are you
> planning for between-meal snacks?

Just what I had today. No, I have lean chicken, fish, and different veggies.

> If it's going to be the same thing every day, it may bore
> you very quickly and appears to be light in some nutrients
> and vitamins. I'm not certain what's in your salad mix, but
> it would appear to be very low in fibre too.

I get more fiber with my veggies like Brocolli. I might have left that out?

> Be careful of hot dogs and all forms of sausage. The carb
> and fat level in them varies enormously depending on the
> manufacturer. Some are excellent, and some can be up to 20%
> carbs. Let your the label or your meter guide you there.

I am. I found that all beef fat free hot dogs have 5 grams of carbs while
regular hot dogs have 4 grams. I use Bryan's.

> For omelettes I use whole eggs, but fewer of them. For
> example, this morning's breakfast was a single egg frittata,
> including a rasher of bacon (cooked, drained and chopped)
> and 1/2 cup of mixed veges (see http://tinyurl.com/9o6fq)
> topped with full-fat mozzarella and finished under the grill
> (broiler).

Did you know that if you had 3 egg whites it is less calories than 1 whole
egg?

> Full-fat cheese is usually around 30-35% fat. Non-fat tastes
> like plastic to me, and low-fat is usually about 20% fat. So
> I use full-fat, but less of it.

Tastes fine to me.

> First impressions are that it's heavy in red meat and zero
> in fish. I'll analyze it a little and get back to you.

see above.

> Is there any particular reason why you've chosen 30 carbs
> per day as your target?

To get my weight off as quick as possible. I am exercising too. I will
probably relax after I get my first 30 pounds off, but right now I am in
panic mode.

ewwhww

Alan S

On Tue, 3 May 2005 21:34:43 -0500, "EwwHww"
> wrote:

>> Is there any particular reason why you've chosen 30 carbs
>> per day as your target?

>To get my weight off as quick as possible. I am exercising too. I will
>probably relax after I get my first 30 pounds off, but right now I am in
>panic mode.

Hi Wayne.

At the risk of being told not to give medical advice -
you're going too extreme, too quickly. The most likely
outcome is that you'll crash and burn, giving up when you
strike problems. As you said, you're in panic mode.

Read my sig. Email direct (remove weight and carbs) if you'd
like a copy of the way I did it. In fact, I got down to
198lbs and an A1c of 5.7 at my leanest, but I've had a lazy
year (back on track now:-) Actually, the most important
thing in that sig is the final comment - everything in
moderation. That includes carbs and fats. And diets.

No spam, no charge, no hassle.

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.
--
dx May 2002 , A1C 8.2=>6, wt 117kg(257)=>98kg(215),
Diet and not enough exercise. 183cm(6')

EwwHww

Alan S wrote:
> Hi Wayne.
>
> At the risk of being told not to give medical advice -
> you're going too extreme, too quickly. The most likely
> outcome is that you'll crash and burn, giving up when you
> strike problems. As you said, you're in panic mode.

Just remove the nospam from my addy, and send away. I would love to read
your testimony.

You see, obesity doesn't run in my family. I made the mistake of praying to
gain weight. I was 30 years old, and 6'2" and weighed 135 pounds. Then, I
heard that if I drank 2 beers a day with my supper I would gain weight.
Well, I did. When I got to my proper weight of 165, I kept drinking beer,
and more of it too. I got to the point that I weighed over 300 pounds. Then,
I met a woman that went on walks with me. Within 3 months I was down to 190.
But, we broke up and I stopped walking, and started eating like a pig. I
would consume around 4 or 5 pounds of meat a day, not to mention the 2 or 3
beers, potatoes, rice, macaroni, etc, etc...

But for now, my mindset is to go forward. And if I allow myself one thing, I
usualy allow 2, then 3, etc.... That is just how my mind works.

thank you for your responses, it really means alot to me.

Take care,
ewwhww
P.S. ewwhww are my initials.

Monsur Fromage du Pollet

EwwHww wrote on 03 May 2005 in alt.food.diabetic

> Monsur Fromage du Pollet wrote:
> > There are no carbs in Fat. In fact the fat gets all burnt up and
> > your LDL level drops...so go full fat... at least at 20 carbs a
> > day it does.
> >
> > So go mad use real eggs...real hard cheeses. I found that skin
> > left on chicken works well in the low carb diet.

> The problem is I am very overweight. I am 6'2" and weighed in last
> thursday at 283. And I have small bones. That is the reason for
> the low fat diet. Plus, type 2 diabetes can be cured with weight
> loss and exercise. I am doing both.

I was 265 last August...I'm 5 foot 10 inches or less (shinkage due to
age). So I was fatter than you.
I now fluxuate around 220 (lowest to date 216) Because I have relaxed
my diet too much.
I am Type 2 as well. I lost 30 lbs during the fall and
winter...Thansgiving and Xmas.

I ate a lot of chicken and brocolli or green beans or brussel sprouts
or cabbage or spinach. And a lot of salads with cheese and nuts...all
low carb.
My end of August goal is 200 lbs. My Xmas goal is 180. But I've lost
enough weight so far to make a good change in my BG levels...hardly
ever go over 6 mmol anymore.

I also ate a lot of fat from chicken skins, hamburger, bacon, pork and
butter on my veggies etc... my LDL dropped my HDL increased I am way
better than I was and hope to be better yet. I cheated about once a
month...ate whole Pizzas etc...still I've lost around about 45 lbs to
date.

But I haven't done the dreaded portion control (yet). I ate all I
wanted limited to 3 meals a day... and no snacks. A average dinner for
me would be 1/2 a chicken and a low carb veggie maybe 2 veggies. A
average breakfast would be a 4 (real) egg mushroom omlette. Lunch
involved the other half of the chicken.

Google low carb recipes and get a nutritional counter. You'll eat
better. And enjoy your life style change more. Do the BG testing 8 or
10 times a day to figure what you can not eat. Test first thing in the
morning...Just prior to any meal, 1 and 2 hours after each meal and
eliminate all foods that causes BG spikes.

I crave rice and popcorn...I'll get used to that sooner or later.

Type 2 Diabetic Since Aug 2004
1AC- 7.2, 7.3, 5.5, 5.6 mmol
Weight from 265 down to 219 lbs. and dropping.
Continuing to be Manitoban
EwwHww

Monsur Fromage du Pollet wrote:
> EwwHww wrote on 03 May 2005 in alt.food.diabetic
>
>> Monsur Fromage du Pollet wrote:
>>> There are no carbs in Fat. In fact the fat gets all burnt up and
>>> your LDL level drops...so go full fat... at least at 20 carbs a
>>> day it does.
>>>
>>> So go mad use real eggs...real hard cheeses. I found that skin
>>> left on chicken works well in the low carb diet.

>> The problem is I am very overweight. I am 6'2" and weighed in last
>> thursday at 283. And I have small bones. That is the reason for
>> the low fat diet. Plus, type 2 diabetes can be cured with weight
>> loss and exercise. I am doing both.
>>

> I was 265 last August...I'm 5 foot 10 inches or less (shinkage due to
> age). So I was fatter than you.
> I now fluxuate around 220 (lowest to date 216) Because I have relaxed
> my diet too much.
> I am Type 2 as well. I lost 30 lbs during the fall and
> winter...Thansgiving and Xmas.
>
> I ate a lot of chicken and brocolli or green beans or brussel sprouts
> or cabbage or spinach. And a lot of salads with cheese and nuts...all
> low carb.
> My end of August goal is 200 lbs. My Xmas goal is 180. But I've lost
> enough weight so far to make a good change in my BG levels...hardly
> ever go over 6 mmol anymore.
>
> I also ate a lot of fat from chicken skins, hamburger, bacon, pork and
> butter on my veggies etc... my LDL dropped my HDL increased I am way
> better than I was and hope to be better yet. I cheated about once a
> month...ate whole Pizzas etc...still I've lost around about 45 lbs to
> date.
>
> But I haven't done the dreaded portion control (yet). I ate all I
> wanted limited to 3 meals a day... and no snacks. A average dinner for
> me would be 1/2 a chicken and a low carb veggie maybe 2 veggies. A
> average breakfast would be a 4 (real) egg mushroom omlette. Lunch
> involved the other half of the chicken.
>
> Google low carb recipes and get a nutritional counter. You'll eat
> better. And enjoy your life style change more. Do the BG testing 8 or
> 10 times a day to figure what you can not eat. Test first thing in the
> morning...Just prior to any meal, 1 and 2 hours after each meal and
> eliminate all foods that causes BG spikes.
>
> I crave rice and popcorn...I'll get used to that sooner or later.

Cool. I believe you will reach your goal.

I have so much energy now, I don't know what to do with it. I get up in the
middle of the night and clean house. I do a 30 minute fast walk every day,
and 20 repitions on my exercise machine on a hard setting. And, I walk to
the stores around me several times a day. I wonder if it has to do with my
high blood pressure medicine? Of course I know that quitting drinking gives
energy too as alcohol is a depressant.

I am aiming to lost 90 pounds by August. Maybe not a reasonable goal, but
my friends never accused me of being reasonable. LOL

Later,
ewwhww

EwwHww

Priscilla Ballou wrote:
> Not enough fat. Not *nearly* enough fat.
>
> Priscilla

I am too fat as it is. LOL

Alan S

On Tue, 3 May 2005 22:54:49 -0500, "EwwHww"
> wrote:

>Priscilla Ballou wrote:
>> Not enough fat. Not *nearly* enough fat.
>>
>> Priscilla

>I am too fat as it is. LOL

Don't like many, confuse body fat with the fat you eat.
To put it simplistically, your body fat is stored unused
energy. You got that energy from all the food you ate - not
just the fat.

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.

Sherry

"EwwHww" > wrote in
:
<snip>
> The problem is I am very overweight. I am 6'2" and weighed in last
> thursday at 283. And I have small bones. That is the reason for the
> low fat diet. Plus, type 2 diabetes can be cured with weight loss
> and exercise. I am doing both.

Cured? No... but it *can* be controlled.

Sherry
EwwHww

Sherry wrote:
> "EwwHww" > wrote in
> :
> <snip>
>> The problem is I am very overweight. I am 6'2" and weighed in last
>> thursday at 283. And I have small bones. That is the reason for the
>> low fat diet. Plus, type 2 diabetes can be cured with weight loss
>> and exercise. I am doing both.

> Cured? No... but it *can* be controlled.
>
> Sherry

Type 2 can be cured. Type 1 can be also, but it takes God right now to do
it. Once the weight is off, the blood pressure is down and the Diabetes type
2 is gone. That is cured. Of course, one could have a relapse, but only if
they neglect their diet and exercise.

ewwhww

EwwHww

Alan S wrote:
> On Tue, 3 May 2005 22:54:49 -0500, "EwwHww"
> > wrote:
>
>> Priscilla Ballou wrote:
>>> Not enough fat. Not *nearly* enough fat.
>>>
>>> Priscilla

>> I am too fat as it is. LOL
>>

> Don't like many, confuse body fat with the fat you eat.
> To put it simplistically, your body fat is stored unused
> energy. You got that energy from all the food you ate - not
> just the fat.
>

> Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.

I was being silly. LOL My brother Danny had heart surgery, and he needed to
lose weight. The doctor told me that eating low fat food alone was not
enough. He said that all extra calories would turn into fat. The idea was to
take in less calories than was being expended. And to exercise so that the
body used the fat cells instead of muscle cells. If the body starts feeding
of muscle cells the metabolism goes down, and then you could be in worse
shape than you were before seeing that it takes less food to sustain the
same weight mass.

ewwhww

Alan S

On Wed, 4 May 2005 00:10:48 -0500, "EwwHww"
> wrote:

>Type 2 can be cured. Type 1 can be also, but it takes God right now to do
>it. Once the weight is off, the blood pressure is down and the Diabetes type
>2 is gone. That is cured. Of course, one could have a relapse, but only if
>they neglect their diet and exercise.
>
>ewwhww

I hope you are ready for some flak Wayne.

Type 2, as of this moment, cannot be cured. You had better
learn to accept that you now have an incurable disease
(condition if you prefer).

However, it can be managed, treated, or controlled. For some
people it can even be controlled so well that they may think
they are cured. They are not; they are just well controlled.

Weight loss will assist control, and is very important IMO,
but it does not cure. We have a lot of posters here who have
successfully lost weight - but still need meds or insulin,
or, like me, cannot eat cereal for breakfast without a
spike. Also, like me, they cannot relax control for a few
months without the A1c rising again. That is not a relapse,
it is simply diminished control - or progression.

Be very careful in the words you use; some here take them
very literally.

I'll let the type 1s talk about cures there. Where god
enters the cure controversy, I'm not sure. Death cures all
ills.

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.
--
I have no medical qualifications beyond my own experience.
Choose your advisers carefully, because experience can be
an expensive teacher.

Siobhan Perricone

On Tue, 3 May 2005 21:28:44 -0500, "EwwHww" > wrote:

>> You aren't getting anywhere near enough fat You're eating almost
>> none at all, bad idea.

>I have enough on my body. LOL Seriously, I am getting rid of my excess fat
>as fast as I can.

You still need dietary fats. Your body processes different fats
differently, and you need combinations to remain healthy. Don't just make
stuff up on your own, go to a nutritionist to make sure that you're getting
everything you actually *need*.

--
Siobhan Perricone
"I ain't afraid of your Yahweh
Siobhan Perricone

On Wed, 04 May 2005 12:53:46 +1000, Alan S
> wrote:

>At the risk of being told not to give medical advice -

*chuckle* So Pax means making snide barbs in other posts?

--
Siobhan Perricone
"I ain't afraid of your Yahweh
I ain't afraid of your Allah
I ain't afraid of your Jesus
I'm afraid of what ya do in the name of your god"
- Holly Near
ankalime

I ran your menu through Fitday to get the nutritional breakdown. This
menu comes out to around 500 calories -- way too little for healthy
weight loss.

You don't say if you're taking any supplements, but this diet is
missing a lot of nutrients (vitamin E and calcium being two major ones)
as well as sufficient fiber. And it would be preferable to avoid
processed meats like hot dogs that contain nitrates.

The remaining question is, what is this doing to your blood glucose?
Not that I would recommend staying on this diet, but what are your
fasting and post-meal numbers?

I can understand being in a hurry to get to a healthy weight, but in my
opinion, this is not the way to do it. If I were in your shoes, I would
do some major reading up on nutrition and weight loss and perhaps
consult a nutritionist. And a lot of folks in alt.support.diabetes can
help with advice. In the end, though, you've got to find out what is
best for you. Don't forget that losing weight is not the only aim of
your diet. You also want to control your BG and provide your body with
the nutrients it needs to stay healthy.

Also, please understand that losing weight will not "cure" type 2
diabetes. Anyone who says it will is probably selling something. You
have diabetes because you have a genetic predisposition to it. Being
overweight may bring it on at a younger age and exacerbate its
progression once it develops, but only in those of us who have the
genes for it. NOT that you shouldn't lose weight -- it is definitely
beneficial to the management of the disease -- but it is something
you'll need to think about for the long term.

Good luck,
anka
t2, dx 3/04, HbA1c 5.3
ntg, dx 7/04, trabs ou
At the beep, the blood glucose reading is.... 112.

EwwHww wrote:
> Breakfast: 3 egg whites and 1 fat free hot dog fried in Pam.
> Sprinkle just a little non fat shredded cheddar
> 1 Jalape=F1o Pepper
> (cook like a skillet omelet)
> 1 cup decaff coffee (if you can take caffeine then

go for
> it)
>
> Lunch: 1/2 cup salad mix (the cheap kind)
> 1/6 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
> 2 teaspoons no fat dressing with splenda
> 1 can Diet Rite
>
> Supper: 4 ounces lean Top Sirloin (grilled)
> 1/2 cup frozen spinach
> 1/2 cup frozen green beans
> 1 can Diet Rite or 2 cups of Good Tea (No

caffeine if
> needed)
> and flavor with your favorite sugar substitute.
>

> What do you think? I also recommend drinking 8 glasses of water a

day too.=20

Alan S

On Wed, 04 May 2005 11:10:25 GMT, Siobhan Perricone
> wrote:

>On Wed, 04 May 2005 12:53:46 +1000, Alan S
> wrote:
>
>>At the risk of being told not to give medical advice -

>*chuckle* So Pax means making snide barbs in other posts?

Hi Siobhan

Fair enough. It wasn't meant to be snide or a barb - note
the sig that was used. However, in hindsight I can see that
it could be taken that way.

I started with a longish reply, then cut it. I may have a
friendly chat, if you wish, in a seperate thread on "medical
advice" via usenet.

I would never follow the advice of a stranger without using
all available means, including my medical advisors if
appropriate, to check it. I post on the assumption that
others do the same.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
None Given

"EwwHww" > wrote in message
> I was being silly. LOL My brother Danny had heart surgery, and he needed

> lose weight. The doctor told me that eating low fat food alone was not
> enough. He said that all extra calories would turn into fat. The idea was

> take in less calories than was being expended. And to exercise so that the
> body used the fat cells instead of muscle cells. If the body starts

feeding
> of muscle cells the metabolism goes down, and then you could be in worse
> shape than you were before seeing that it takes less food to sustain the
> same weight mass.

You need to get adequate protein to keep from losing much muscle mass, if
you eat too much protein it can raise your BG, if you eat too much food at
once it can raise your BG, if you don't eat often enough it can raise your
BG, carbs are generally the worst as far as BG. You need to eat when you
are hungry, but choose wisely. When you eat carbs you need to have protein
and fat along with them to moderate how fast they hit your bloodstream and
to keep you from feeling too hungry again too fast.

If you don't get enough fat your body will try much harder to hold onto what
you have. What you want to do is figure what weight you want to be,165? and
multiply by 10 or 12, 1650-1980, might be a good range for calories to
support that weight, if you said how much weight you need to lose to get
there, I missed it. I wouldn't aim for more than 1 or 2 pounds per week,
more than that can slow your metabolism. Muscle mass and metabolism are
your friends, try to support them and supply their needs.

Probably in the neighborhood of 100 grams of protein every day would be
about right, if you stick to 30 grams of carb, that gives you 130*4=520
calories, that leaves 1130-1460 calories you need to get from fat, or
125-160 grams or so of fat. The first part of the weight you lose will be
mostly water, if after the first couple of weeks, you are losing faster than
1 or 2 lbs per week, I would up the calories a little, if you are losing
less than 1 lb per week, I would lower the calories a little or increase
exercise, or both. A 500 calorie deficit per day will equal 1 lb per week.

You want to try to get the most nutrition from what you do eat as you can,
look for a variety of veggies and berries to get the most from your limited
# of carbs. It has been found that you need to eat fat with your veggies
for your body to be able to get to the nutrients in the veggies. Fat as in
butter, olive oil, regular dressing, or vinegar and oil dressing, or dip
raw veggies in ranch dip or guacamole. When eating plain yogurt it is said
that you only need to count 4 of the 12 grams of carb per cup of plain
yogurt because the rest has been converted to lactic acid, you can
artificially sweeten and add flavorings if you like. There are studies that
show people eating yogurt lose more weight than people who don't. Also
subtract fiber grams from carb grams when you are adding up your daily
carbs. The fats you need to skew towards are things like nuts, avocados,
olives, and fish, but do get some egg yolks, they are chock full of
vitamins.

www.fitday.com or something like that can help you estimate how many
calories you are expending and help keep track of your calories and
nutrients. You may want to check out news:alt.support.diet.low-carb and
news:alt.support.diabetes (watch out for the trolls) there is a lot of info
available, along with more than the usual number of villains and fools.

--
No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes

Sherry

"EwwHww" > wrote in
:
<snip>

> Type 2 can be cured. Type 1 can be also, but it takes God right now
> to do it. Once the weight is off, the blood pressure is down and the
> Diabetes type 2 is gone. That is cured. Of course, one could have a
> relapse, but only if they neglect their diet and exercise.
>
> ewwhww

If you can have a relapse, then the condition has not been cured. Think
of relapsing-remitting type of Multiple Sclerosis. There is no cure,
progression can stop and symptoms abate, but the victim is a time-bomb
- the MS can flare up again at any time..... He *still* has MS - it's
just in a quiescence stage.

Sherry
EwwHww

Alan S wrote:
> On Wed, 4 May 2005 00:10:48 -0500, "EwwHww"
> > wrote:
>

>> Type 2 can be cured. Type 1 can be also, but it takes God right now
>> to do it. Once the weight is off, the blood pressure is down and the
>> Diabetes type 2 is gone. That is cured. Of course, one could have a
>> relapse, but only if they neglect their diet and exercise.
>>
>> ewwhww

> I hope you are ready for some flak Wayne.
>
> Type 2, as of this moment, cannot be cured. You had better
> learn to accept that you now have an incurable disease
> (condition if you prefer).
>
> However, it can be managed, treated, or controlled. For some
> people it can even be controlled so well that they may think
> they are cured. They are not; they are just well controlled.

You are mistaken, but then you can believe what you want.

Sherry

"EwwHww" > wrote in
:

<snip>
> Well, I have been on this low fat, low carb, low calorie diet since
> last Thursday, and no binge eating. Of course, I do have the Holy
> Spirit and prayed to be healed. Also, I have others praying for me.
> I feel the sweet presence of the Lord while I write this.
>
> ewwhww

Comments from a Christian here....

You're not taking good care of the temple with this diet you're on. If
you're not careful, you'll be *in* the sweet presence of the Lord.

Sherry

Alan S

On Wed, 4 May 2005 09:49:26 -0500, "EwwHww"
> wrote:

>Alan S wrote:
>> On Wed, 4 May 2005 00:10:48 -0500, "EwwHww"
>> > wrote:
>>

>>> Type 2 can be cured. Type 1 can be also, but it takes God right now
>>> to do it. Once the weight is off, the blood pressure is down and the
>>> Diabetes type 2 is gone. That is cured. Of course, one could have a
>>> relapse, but only if they neglect their diet and exercise.
>>>
>>> ewwhww

>> I hope you are ready for some flak Wayne.
>>
>> Type 2, as of this moment, cannot be cured. You had better
>> learn to accept that you now have an incurable disease
>> (condition if you prefer).
>>
>> However, it can be managed, treated, or controlled. For some
>> people it can even be controlled so well that they may think
>> they are cured. They are not; they are just well controlled.
>>

>You are mistaken, but then you can believe what you want.

Hi Wayne

I see you're serious, it wasn't just a poor choice of words.
OK, could you provide the sources for your information
please. If someone's found a cure since I started studying
this thing I'd certainly like to know about it.

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.
Sherry

Alan S > wrote in
:

<snip>

> Hi Wayne
>
> I see you're serious, it wasn't just a poor choice of words.
> OK, could you provide the sources for your information
> please. If someone's found a cure since I started studying
> this thing I'd certainly like to know about it.
>
> Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.

Me too!!!!!!!!!! I'd *love* to get this monster out of my life!!!

Sherry

Eat those Carbs! The ADA says you should!! Janet Diabetic 53 07-11-2011 07:09 PM
Too many carbs! Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 3 06-09-2011 05:14 AM
TN: '05 CRB cab, plus two mummy wines (they live, they live!) DaleW Wine 0 28-10-2006 05:44 PM
net carbs? Rob and Jami Diabetic 2 04-10-2004 09:02 PM
Good Carbs, Bad Carbs, And Cancer Steve Vegan 0 12-08-2004 05:31 PM