Diabetic (alt.food.diabetic) This group is for the discussion of controlled-portion eating plans for the dietary management of diabetes.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 20-12-2013, 08:32 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 720
Default Julienner?

Hi All,

Does this one look good?
http://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Jul...words=Julienne

It is by the same folks that made
my pressure cookers and the quality of those is excellent.

-T


  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 20-12-2013, 10:54 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 44,449
Default Julienner?


"Todd" wrote in message
...
Hi All,

Does this one look good?
http://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Jul...words=Julienne

It is by the same folks that made
my pressure cookers and the quality of those is excellent.

-T


I can't see why it would be needed unless perhaps you were making a lot of
French fries or something. And I doubt that. I just use a knife. But I do
have things of that brand and they are good.

  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 21-12-2013, 02:57 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,620
Default Julienner?


"Todd" wrote in message
...
Hi All,

Does this one look good?
http://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Jul...words=Julienne

It is by the same folks that made
my pressure cookers and the quality of those is excellent.

-T


Sure it looks fine, but no need to spend that much. I have this one and it
works beautifully. Your choice though.

http://www.amazon.com/Zyliss-30700-J...ulienne+peeler

  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 21-12-2013, 02:59 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,620
Default Julienner?


"Julie Bove" wrote in message
...

"Todd" wrote in message
...
Hi All,

Does this one look good?
http://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Jul...words=Julienne

It is by the same folks that made
my pressure cookers and the quality of those is excellent.

-T


I can't see why it would be needed unless perhaps you were making a lot of
French fries or something. And I doubt that. I just use a knife. But I
do have things of that brand and they are good.


It wouldn't work well for fries at all, it cuts very thin strips that look
like spaghetti.

Cheri

  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 21-12-2013, 04:37 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Foat Wuth
Posts: 1,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
Hi All,

Does this one look good?
Amazon.com: Kuhn Rikon Julienne Peeler with Blade Protector, Stainless Steel Handle: Kitchen & Dining

It is by the same folks that made
my pressure cookers and the quality of those is excellent.

-T
It makes your butt look sorta big.


  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 21-12-2013, 05:01 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,620
Default Julienner?


"Todd" wrote in message
...
On 12/20/2013 06:57 PM, Cheri wrote:

"Todd" wrote in message
...
Hi All,

Does this one look good?
http://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Jul...words=Julienne


It is by the same folks that made
my pressure cookers and the quality of those is excellent.

-T


Sure it looks fine, but no need to spend that much. I have this one and
it works beautifully. Your choice though.

http://www.amazon.com/Zyliss-30700-J...ulienne+peeler


Hi Cheri,

Thank you!

No one is Wal Mart or Raley's knew what a Junienner
was. I had to look on Amazon. :'(


At Wal-Mart they're where the potato peelers and kitchen gadgets are, at
least that's where they are here. I'm not surprised that they didn't know
though. That happens a lot with all kinds of things. I think they don't want
to bother looking in a lot of cases.

Cheri

Cheri

  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 21-12-2013, 10:18 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 44,449
Default Julienner?


"Cheri" wrote in message
...

"Julie Bove" wrote in message
...

"Todd" wrote in message
...
Hi All,

Does this one look good?
http://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Jul...words=Julienne

It is by the same folks that made
my pressure cookers and the quality of those is excellent.

-T


I can't see why it would be needed unless perhaps you were making a lot
of French fries or something. And I doubt that. I just use a knife.
But I do have things of that brand and they are good.


It wouldn't work well for fries at all, it cuts very thin strips that look
like spaghetti.


Then what do they use to make those super skinny fries?

  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 21-12-2013, 05:48 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 103
Default Julienner?

Cheri wrote:


"Todd" wrote in message
...
On 12/20/2013 06:57 PM, Cheri wrote:

"Todd" wrote in message
...
Hi All,

Does this one look good?
http://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Jul...words=Julienne


It is by the same folks that made
my pressure cookers and the quality of those is excellent.

-T

Sure it looks fine, but no need to spend that much. I have this one and
it works beautifully. Your choice though.

http://www.amazon.com/Zyliss-30700-J...ulienne+peeler


Hi Cheri,

Thank you!

No one is Wal Mart or Raley's knew what a Junienner
was. I had to look on Amazon. :'(


At Wal-Mart they're where the potato peelers and kitchen gadgets are, at
least that's where they are here. I'm not surprised that they didn't know
though. That happens a lot with all kinds of things. I think they don't
want to bother looking in a lot of cases.

Cheri


Ask them for a mandoline :-) I'll buy one here locally next year. The
first one I saw was around $200 !!! (A net search gave me other choices.)

  #9 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 21-12-2013, 10:15 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,390
Default Julienner?

Bj?rn Steensrud wrote:
: Cheri wrote:

:
: "Todd" wrote in message
: ...
: On 12/20/2013 06:57 PM, Cheri wrote:
:
: "Todd" wrote in message
: ...
: Hi All,
:
: Does this one look good?
: http://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Jul...words=Julienne
:
:
: It is by the same folks that made
: my pressure cookers and the quality of those is excellent.
:
: -T
:
: Sure it looks fine, but no need to spend that much. I have this one and
: it works beautifully. Your choice though.
:
: http://www.amazon.com/Zyliss-30700-J...ulienne+peeler
:
:
: Hi Cheri,
:
: Thank you!
:
: No one is Wal Mart or Raley's knew what a Junienner
: was. I had to look on Amazon. :'(
:
: At Wal-Mart they're where the potato peelers and kitchen gadgets are, at
: least that's where they are here. I'm not surprised that they didn't know
: though. That happens a lot with all kinds of things. I think they don't
: want to bother looking in a lot of cases.
:
: Cheri
:

: Ask them for a mandoline :-) I'll buy one here locally next year. The
: first one I saw was around $200 !!! (A net search gave me other choices.)

They scare the H-ll out of me. I always would fer for my fingers with a
proper manoline.

Wendy
  #10 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 21-12-2013, 10:23 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 117
Default Julienner?

On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 22:15:39 +0000 (UTC), in alt.food.diabetic, "W.
Baker" wrote:

Bj?rn Steensrud wrote:
: Cheri wrote:

:
: "Todd" wrote in message
: ...
: On 12/20/2013 06:57 PM, Cheri wrote:
:
: "Todd" wrote in message
: ...
: Hi All,
:
: Does this one look good?
: http://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Jul...words=Julienne
:
:
: It is by the same folks that made
: my pressure cookers and the quality of those is excellent.
:
: -T
:
: Sure it looks fine, but no need to spend that much. I have this one and
: it works beautifully. Your choice though.
:
: http://www.amazon.com/Zyliss-30700-J...ulienne+peeler
:
:
: Hi Cheri,
:
: Thank you!
:
: No one is Wal Mart or Raley's knew what a Junienner
: was. I had to look on Amazon. :'(
:
: At Wal-Mart they're where the potato peelers and kitchen gadgets are, at
: least that's where they are here. I'm not surprised that they didn't know
: though. That happens a lot with all kinds of things. I think they don't
: want to bother looking in a lot of cases.
:
: Cheri
:

: Ask them for a mandoline :-) I'll buy one here locally next year. The
: first one I saw was around $200 !!! (A net search gave me other choices.)

They scare the H-ll out of me. I always would fer for my fingers with a
proper manoline.

Wendy


My mandoline has a finger guard that protects your fingers while
slicing. The only time you might cut a finger would be during the
cleaning process. My husband does that for me, thankfully.




  #11 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 21-12-2013, 11:21 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,390
Default Julienner?

Karen wrote:
:
: : Ask them for a mandoline :-) I'll buy one here locally next year. The
: : first one I saw was around $200 !!! (A net search gave me other choices.)
:
: They scare the H-ll out of me. I always would fer for my fingers with a
: proper manoline.
:
: Wendy

: My mandoline has a finger guard that protects your fingers while
: slicing. The only time you might cut a finger would be during the
: cleaning process. My husband does that for me, thankfully.

does he have all his fingers?

Wendy

  #12 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 21-12-2013, 11:53 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 117
Default Julienner?

On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 23:21:09 +0000 (UTC), in alt.food.diabetic, "W.
Baker" wrote:

Karen wrote:
:
: : Ask them for a mandoline :-) I'll buy one here locally next year. The
: : first one I saw was around $200 !!! (A net search gave me other choices.)
:
: They scare the H-ll out of me. I always would fer for my fingers with a
: proper manoline.
:
: Wendy

: My mandoline has a finger guard that protects your fingers while
: slicing. The only time you might cut a finger would be during the
: cleaning process. My husband does that for me, thankfully.

does he have all his fingers?

Wendy


Yes, he does. He is much more careful than I am.
  #13 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 22-12-2013, 01:44 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,390
Default Julienner?

Todd wrote:
: On 12/21/2013 03:21 PM, W. Baker wrote:
: Karen wrote:
: :
: : : Ask them for a mandoline :-) I'll buy one here locally next year. The
: : : first one I saw was around $200 !!! (A net search gave me other choices.)
: :
: : They scare the H-ll out of me. I always would fer for my fingers with a
: : proper manoline.
: :
: : Wendy
:
: : My mandoline has a finger guard that protects your fingers while
: : slicing. The only time you might cut a finger would be during the
: : cleaning process. My husband does that for me, thankfully.
:
: does he have all his fingers?
:
: Wendy
:

: Yikes. Maybe I should see how I like the outcome with
: a potato peeler first.

We are talking of mandolines, a scary slicer. If you don't know what it
is, try amazon to see what they are like!

Wendy
  #14 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 22-12-2013, 03:22 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,620
Default Julienner?


"Julie Bove" wrote in message
...

"Cheri" wrote in message
...

"Julie Bove" wrote in message
...

"Todd" wrote in message
...
Hi All,

Does this one look good?
http://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Jul...words=Julienne

It is by the same folks that made
my pressure cookers and the quality of those is excellent.

-T

I can't see why it would be needed unless perhaps you were making a lot
of French fries or something. And I doubt that. I just use a knife.
But I do have things of that brand and they are good.


It wouldn't work well for fries at all, it cuts very thin strips that
look like spaghetti.


Then what do they use to make those super skinny fries?


If they used that peeler, the fries would be the size of spaghetti. I've
never seen fries that thin.

Cheri

  #15 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 22-12-2013, 03:24 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,620
Default Julienner?


"Todd" wrote in message
...

Yikes. Maybe I should see how I like the outcome with
a potato peeler first.


Trust me, the cheap julienne peeler is all you need for pasta like squash.

Cheri



Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017