FoodBanter.com

-   -   Julienner? (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/426839-julienner.html)

Todd 20-12-2013 08:32 PM

Julienner?

Hi All,

Does this one look good?
http://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Jul...words=Julienne

It is by the same folks that made
my pressure cookers and the quality of those is excellent.

-T

Julie Bove[_2_] 20-12-2013 10:54 PM

Julienner?

"Todd" > wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Does this one look good?
> http://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Jul...words=Julienne
>
> It is by the same folks that made
> my pressure cookers and the quality of those is excellent.
>
> -T

I can't see why it would be needed unless perhaps you were making a lot of
French fries or something. And I doubt that. I just use a knife. But I do
have things of that brand and they are good.

Cheri[_3_] 21-12-2013 02:57 AM

Julienner?

"Todd" > wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Does this one look good?
> http://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Jul...words=Julienne
>
> It is by the same folks that made
> my pressure cookers and the quality of those is excellent.
>
> -T

Sure it looks fine, but no need to spend that much. I have this one and it
works beautifully. Your choice though.

http://www.amazon.com/Zyliss-30700-J...ulienne+peeler

Cheri[_3_] 21-12-2013 02:59 AM

Julienner?

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Todd" > wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Does this one look good?
>> http://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Jul...words=Julienne
>>
>> It is by the same folks that made
>> my pressure cookers and the quality of those is excellent.
>>
>> -T

> I can't see why it would be needed unless perhaps you were making a lot of
> French fries or something. And I doubt that. I just use a knife. But I
> do have things of that brand and they are good.

It wouldn't work well for fries at all, it cuts very thin strips that look
like spaghetti.

Cheri

bigwheel 21-12-2013 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd (Post 1891686)
Hi All,

Does this one look good?
Amazon.com: Kuhn Rikon Julienne Peeler with Blade Protector, Stainless Steel Handle: Kitchen & Dining

It is by the same folks that made
my pressure cookers and the quality of those is excellent.

-T

It makes your butt look sorta big.

Cheri[_3_] 21-12-2013 05:01 AM

Julienner?

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 12/20/2013 06:57 PM, Cheri wrote:
>>
>> "Todd" > wrote in message
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Does this one look good?
>>> http://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Jul...words=Julienne
>>>

>>> It is by the same folks that made
>>> my pressure cookers and the quality of those is excellent.
>>>
>>> -T

>> Sure it looks fine, but no need to spend that much. I have this one and
>> it works beautifully. Your choice though.
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/Zyliss-30700-J...ulienne+peeler
>>

> Hi Cheri,
>
> Thank you!
>
> No one is Wal Mart or Raley's knew what a Junienner
> was. I had to look on Amazon. :'(

At Wal-Mart they're where the potato peelers and kitchen gadgets are, at
least that's where they are here. I'm not surprised that they didn't know
though. That happens a lot with all kinds of things. I think they don't want
to bother looking in a lot of cases.

Cheri

Cheri

Julie Bove[_2_] 21-12-2013 10:18 AM

Julienner?

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Todd" > wrote in message
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Does this one look good?
>>> http://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Jul...words=Julienne
>>>
>>> It is by the same folks that made
>>> my pressure cookers and the quality of those is excellent.
>>>
>>> -T

>> I can't see why it would be needed unless perhaps you were making a lot
>> of French fries or something. And I doubt that. I just use a knife.
>> But I do have things of that brand and they are good.

> It wouldn't work well for fries at all, it cuts very thin strips that look
> like spaghetti.

Then what do they use to make those super skinny fries?

Bjørn Steensrud 21-12-2013 05:48 PM

Julienner?

Cheri wrote:

> "Todd" > wrote in message

>>> Sure it looks fine, but no need to spend that much. I have this one and
>>> it works beautifully. Your choice though.
>>>
>>> http://www.amazon.com/Zyliss-30700-J...ulienne+peeler
>>>

>> Hi Cheri,
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> No one is Wal Mart or Raley's knew what a Junienner
>> was. I had to look on Amazon. :'(

> At Wal-Mart they're where the potato peelers and kitchen gadgets are, at
> least that's where they are here. I'm not surprised that they didn't know
> though. That happens a lot with all kinds of things. I think they don't
> want to bother looking in a lot of cases.
>
> Cheri

Ask them for a mandoline :-) I'll buy one here locally next year. The
first one I saw was around $200 !!! (A net search gave me other choices.)

W. Baker 21-12-2013 10:15 PM

Julienner?

Bj?rn Steensrud > wrote:
: Cheri wrote:

: >
: > "Todd" > wrote in message
: > ...
: >> On 12/20/2013 06:57 PM, Cheri wrote:
: >>>
: >>> "Todd" > wrote in message
: >>> ...
: >>>> Hi All,
: >>>>
: >>>> Does this one look good?
: >>>> http://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Jul...words=Julienne
: >>>>
: >>>>
: >>>> It is by the same folks that made
: >>>> my pressure cookers and the quality of those is excellent.
: >>>>
: >>>> -T
: >>>
: >>> Sure it looks fine, but no need to spend that much. I have this one and
: >>> it works beautifully. Your choice though.
: >>>
: >>> http://www.amazon.com/Zyliss-30700-J...ulienne+peeler
: >>>
: >>
: >> Hi Cheri,
: >>
: >> Thank you!
: >>
: >> No one is Wal Mart or Raley's knew what a Junienner
: >> was. I had to look on Amazon. :'(
: >
: > At Wal-Mart they're where the potato peelers and kitchen gadgets are, at
: > least that's where they are here. I'm not surprised that they didn't know
: > though. That happens a lot with all kinds of things. I think they don't
: > want to bother looking in a lot of cases.
: >
: > Cheri
: >

: Ask them for a mandoline :-) I'll buy one here locally next year. The
: first one I saw was around $200 !!! (A net search gave me other choices.)

They scare the H-ll out of me. I always would fer for my fingers with a
proper manoline.

Wendy

Karen[_11_] 21-12-2013 10:23 PM

Julienner?

On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 22:15:39 +0000 (UTC), in alt.food.diabetic, "W.
Baker" > wrote:

>Bj?rn Steensrud > wrote:
>: Cheri wrote:
>
>: >
>: > "Todd" > wrote in message
>: > ...
>: >> On 12/20/2013 06:57 PM, Cheri wrote:
>: >>>
>: >>> "Todd" > wrote in message
>: >>> ...
>: >>>> Hi All,
>: >>>>
>: >>>> Does this one look good?
>: >>>> http://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Jul...words=Julienne
>: >>>>
>: >>>>
>: >>>> It is by the same folks that made
>: >>>> my pressure cookers and the quality of those is excellent.
>: >>>>
>: >>>> -T
>: >>>
>: >>> Sure it looks fine, but no need to spend that much. I have this one and
>: >>> it works beautifully. Your choice though.
>: >>>
>: >>> http://www.amazon.com/Zyliss-30700-J...ulienne+peeler
>: >>>
>: >>
>: >> Hi Cheri,
>: >>
>: >> Thank you!
>: >>
>: >> No one is Wal Mart or Raley's knew what a Junienner
>: >> was. I had to look on Amazon. :'(
>: >
>: > At Wal-Mart they're where the potato peelers and kitchen gadgets are, at
>: > least that's where they are here. I'm not surprised that they didn't know
>: > though. That happens a lot with all kinds of things. I think they don't
>: > want to bother looking in a lot of cases.
>: >
>: > Cheri
>: >
>
>: Ask them for a mandoline :-) I'll buy one here locally next year. The
>: first one I saw was around $200 !!! (A net search gave me other choices.)
>
>They scare the H-ll out of me. I always would fer for my fingers with a
>proper manoline.
>
>Wendy

My mandoline has a finger guard that protects your fingers while
slicing. The only time you might cut a finger would be during the
cleaning process. My husband does that for me, thankfully.

W. Baker 21-12-2013 11:21 PM

Julienner?

Karen > wrote:
: >
: >: Ask them for a mandoline :-) I'll buy one here locally next year. The
: >: first one I saw was around $200 !!! (A net search gave me other choices.)
: >
: >They scare the H-ll out of me. I always would fer for my fingers with a
: >proper manoline.
: >
: >Wendy

: My mandoline has a finger guard that protects your fingers while
: slicing. The only time you might cut a finger would be during the
: cleaning process. My husband does that for me, thankfully.

does he have all his fingers?

Wendy

Karen[_11_] 21-12-2013 11:53 PM

Julienner?

On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 23:21:09 +0000 (UTC), in alt.food.diabetic, "W.
Baker" > wrote:

>Karen > wrote:
>: >
>: >: Ask them for a mandoline :-) I'll buy one here locally next year. The
>: >: first one I saw was around $200 !!! (A net search gave me other choices.)
>: >
>: >They scare the H-ll out of me. I always would fer for my fingers with a
>: >proper manoline.
>: >
>: >Wendy
>
>: My mandoline has a finger guard that protects your fingers while
>: slicing. The only time you might cut a finger would be during the
>: cleaning process. My husband does that for me, thankfully.
>
>does he have all his fingers?
>
>Wendy

Yes, he does. He is much more careful than I am.

W. Baker 22-12-2013 01:44 AM

Julienner?

Todd > wrote:
: On 12/21/2013 03:21 PM, W. Baker wrote:
: > Karen > wrote:
: > : >
: > : >: Ask them for a mandoline :-) I'll buy one here locally next year. The
: > : >: first one I saw was around $200 !!! (A net search gave me other choices.)
: > : >
: > : >They scare the H-ll out of me. I always would fer for my fingers with a
: > : >proper manoline.
: > : >
: > : >Wendy
: >
: > : My mandoline has a finger guard that protects your fingers while
: > : slicing. The only time you might cut a finger would be during the
: > : cleaning process. My husband does that for me, thankfully.
: >
: > does he have all his fingers?
: >
: > Wendy
: >

: Yikes. Maybe I should see how I like the outcome with
: a potato peeler first.

We are talking of mandolines, a scary slicer. If you don't know what it
is, try amazon to see what they are like!

Wendy

Cheri[_3_] 22-12-2013 03:22 AM

Julienner?

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> I can't see why it would be needed unless perhaps you were making a lot
>>> of French fries or something. And I doubt that. I just use a knife.
>>> But I do have things of that brand and they are good.

>> It wouldn't work well for fries at all, it cuts very thin strips that
>> look like spaghetti.

> Then what do they use to make those super skinny fries?

If they used that peeler, the fries would be the size of spaghetti. I've
never seen fries that thin.

Cheri

Cheri[_3_] 22-12-2013 03:24 AM

Julienner?

"Todd" > wrote in message

> Yikes. Maybe I should see how I like the outcome with
> a potato peeler first.

Trust me, the cheap julienne peeler is all you need for pasta like squash.

Cheri

Julie Bove[_2_] 22-12-2013 08:41 AM

Julienner?

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> It wouldn't work well for fries at all, it cuts very thin strips that
>>> look like spaghetti.

>> Then what do they use to make those super skinny fries?

> If they used that peeler, the fries would be the size of spaghetti. I've
> never seen fries that thin.

Hmmm... Okay. I think the Pik Nik are though.

W. Baker 22-12-2013 06:38 PM

Julienner?

Cheri > wrote:

: "Todd" > wrote in message
: ...

: > Yikes. Maybe I should see how I like the outcome with
: > a potato peeler first.

: Trust me, the cheap julienne peeler is all you need for pasta like squash.

: Cheri

Iwas just suggesting he Look at One, as he doesn't sseem to know what a
mandoline is and it is easier to see it than to descrobe it.

Wendy

Cheri[_3_] 22-12-2013 07:39 PM

Julienner?

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Cheri > wrote:
>
> : "Todd" > wrote in message
> : ...
>
> : > Yikes. Maybe I should see how I like the outcome with
> : > a potato peeler first.
>
> : Trust me, the cheap julienne peeler is all you need for pasta like
> squash.
>
> : Cheri
>
> Iwas just suggesting he Look at One, as he doesn't sseem to know what a
> mandoline is and it is easier to see it than to descrobe it.
>
> Wendy

I wasn't talking about the mandoline, I was talking about a julienne peeler
as opposed to a regular potato peeler.

Cheri