Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Need recommendations for T2 Emergency Pantry

"Todd" > wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> For the last 10 days we have been locked inside out house
> with "extremely hazardous" air from the Rim Fire near Yosemite.
> Fortunately, I finally got my wish and the wind reversed and
> all the smoke is blowing down into Los Angeles, WHERE THEY
> CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE!

I'm not really sure you can find a place in CA where the air isn't terrible
right now. I'm in the SJ Valley and the air quality is mostly keeping me
inside the past couple of days too. I have breathing problems due to COPD
and it's not fun. I have many canned goods in the garage. I always have
tuna, canned salmon, canned chicken, green beans, and things like that to
tide us over for several days if need be.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 09/11/2013 03:55 PM, Cheri wrote:
>> "Todd" > wrote in message
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> For the last 10 days we have been locked inside out house
>>> with "extremely hazardous" air from the Rim Fire near Yosemite.
>>> Fortunately, I finally got my wish and the wind reversed and
>>> all the smoke is blowing down into Los Angeles, WHERE THEY
>>> CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE!

>> I'm not really sure you can find a place in CA where the air isn't
>> terrible right now. I'm in the SJ Valley and the air quality is mostly
>> keeping me inside the past couple of days too. I have breathing problems
>> due to COPD and it's not fun. I have many canned goods in the garage. I
>> always have tuna, canned salmon, canned chicken, green beans, and things
>> like that to tide us over for several days if need be.
>>
>> Cheri

> Hi Cheri,
>
> This air cleaner (two of them) saved our butts:
> http://austinair.com/products/healthmate-series-2/
>
> But they are expensive.
>
> Tuna makes me hurl (literally). Neither one of us can
> stand canned salmon. Hmmmm. Canned green beans
> and canned chicken.
>
> Thank you!
>
> -T

I'm a SPAM lover too. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Todd" > wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>>
>> For the last 10 days we have been locked inside out house
>> with "extremely hazardous" air from the Rim Fire near Yosemite.
>> Fortunately, I finally got my wish and the wind reversed and
>> all the smoke is blowing down into Los Angeles, WHERE THEY
>> CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE!

> I'm not really sure you can find a place in CA where the air isn't
> terrible right now. I'm in the SJ Valley and the air quality is mostly
> keeping me inside the past couple of days too. I have breathing problems
> due to COPD and it's not fun. I have many canned goods in the garage. I
> always have tuna, canned salmon, canned chicken, green beans, and things
> like that to tide us over for several days if need be.

Yep. If for some reason, we were stuck in the house for a month, we could
live off of my stockpile although I am sure we would get sick of the food
after a week or two.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message

> Hi Cheri,
>
> This air cleaner (two of them) saved our butts:
> http://austinair.com/products/healthmate-series-2/
>
> But they are expensive.
>
> Tuna makes me hurl (literally). Neither one of us can
> stand canned salmon. Hmmmm. Canned green beans
> and canned chicken.
>
> Thank you!

There are plenty of other canned meats. Like ham, beef and turkey. Can get
them at Costco for cheap. Then there is stuff like Spam if you are so
inclined. I'm not but my husband actually likes it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 09/11/2013 06:06 PM, Cheri wrote:

>>> Hi Cheri,
>>>
>>> This air cleaner (two of them) saved our butts:
>>> http://austinair.com/products/healthmate-series-2/
>>>
>>> But they are expensive.
>>>
>>> Tuna makes me hurl (literally). Neither one of us can
>>> stand canned salmon. Hmmmm. Canned green beans
>>> and canned chicken.
>>>
>>> Thank you!
>>>
>>> -T

>> I'm a SPAM lover too. :-)
>>
>> Cheri

> http://www.spam.com/varieties/spam-classic
> Ingredients
>
> Pork with Ham, Salt, Water, Modified Potato Starch,
> Sugar, Sodium Nitrite.
>
> Nutrition Facts
>
> Serving Size: 2 oz (56g)
>
> Servings: 6
> Amount Per Serving Calories 180 % Daily Value
> Total Fat 16g 25%
> Saturated Fat 6g 30%
> Cholesterol 40mg 15%
> Sodium 790mg 33%
> Total Carbohydrates 1g 6%
> Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 0g Protein 7g
> Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
> This product is GLUTEN FREE.

What? You think I don't know all of that? I love hot dogs too.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Todd" > wrote in message
>
>> Hi Cheri,
>>
>> This air cleaner (two of them) saved our butts:
>> http://austinair.com/products/healthmate-series-2/
>>
>> But they are expensive.
>>
>> Tuna makes me hurl (literally). Neither one of us can
>> stand canned salmon. Hmmmm. Canned green beans
>> and canned chicken.
>>
>> Thank you!

> There are plenty of other canned meats. Like ham, beef and turkey. Can
> get them at Costco for cheap. Then there is stuff like Spam if you are so
> inclined. I'm not but my husband actually likes it.

I love Spam, hubby hates it. I don't eat it as much as I'd like to, but I do
like to fry it once in awhile and top it with a bit of Miracle Whip. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 09/11/2013 10:34 PM, Cheri wrote:

>>> http://www.spam.com/varieties/spam-classic
>>> Ingredients
>>>
>>> Pork with Ham, Salt, Water, Modified Potato Starch,
>>> Sugar, Sodium Nitrite.
>>>
>>> Nutrition Facts
>>>
>>> Serving Size: 2 oz (56g)
>>>
>>> Servings: 6
>>> Amount Per Serving Calories 180 % Daily Value
>>> Total Fat 16g 25%
>>> Saturated Fat 6g 30%
>>> Cholesterol 40mg 15%
>>> Sodium 790mg 33%
>>> Total Carbohydrates 1g 6%
>>> Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 0g Protein 7g
>>> Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
>>> This product is GLUTEN FREE.

>> What? You think I don't know all of that? I love hot dogs too.
>>
>> Cheri

> :-)
>
> Hot dogs are food?

Love the Evergood brand, just cold. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Cheri" > wrote:

> I love Spam, hubby hates it. I don't eat it as much as I'd like to, but I do
> like to fry it once in awhile and top it with a bit of Miracle Whip. :-)

I love Spam sandwiches on good white bread with yellow mustard. *sigh*
Also broiled with pineapple slices. *sigh*

PP
- Chris Malcolm
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, Todd >
wrote:
> On 09/11/2013 10:34 PM, Cheri wrote:
> > What? You think I don't know all of that? I love hot dogs too.
> >
> > Cheri

> :-)
>
> Hot dogs are food?

Oh, yes! Grilled on a griddle and served with brown mustard. YUM!

Gotta love those back-to-the-fifties foods.

PP
- Chris Malcolm
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Cheri" > wrote:
>
>> I love Spam, hubby hates it. I don't eat it as much as I'd like to, but I
>> do
>> like to fry it once in awhile and top it with a bit of Miracle Whip. :-)

> I love Spam sandwiches on good white bread with yellow mustard. *sigh*
> Also broiled with pineapple slices. *sigh*
>
> PP

Oh yeah, huge sigh here too. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> I love Spam, hubby hates it. I don't eat it as much as I'd like to, but I
> do like to fry it once in awhile and top it with a bit of Miracle Whip.
> :-)

I should have thought of that tonight. I was going to make ham steaks and
couldn't find them. Then I found out that he ate them! I had more in the
freezer so did those. The Spam would have been quicker but I wasn't
thinking very well. Was trying to clean up the spilled nails and screws in
the garage when he came in. And I either have a fever or it's just the heat
so I was sweating to death.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> Love the Evergood brand, just cold. :-)

I buy some uncured beef ones once or twice a year. Husband loves them. No
nitrates and I think they are organic too.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>
>> I love Spam, hubby hates it. I don't eat it as much as I'd like to, but I
>> do like to fry it once in awhile and top it with a bit of Miracle Whip.
>> :-)

> I should have thought of that tonight. I was going to make ham steaks and
> couldn't find them. Then I found out that he ate them! I had more in the
> freezer so did those. The Spam would have been quicker but I wasn't
> thinking very well. Was trying to clean up the spilled nails and screws
> in the garage when he came in. And I either have a fever or it's just the
> heat so I was sweating to death.

Is the humidity high in your area?

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>>
>>> I love Spam, hubby hates it. I don't eat it as much as I'd like to, but
>>> I do like to fry it once in awhile and top it with a bit of Miracle
>>> Whip. :-)

>> I should have thought of that tonight. I was going to make ham steaks
>> and couldn't find them. Then I found out that he ate them! I had more
>> in the freezer so did those. The Spam would have been quicker but I
>> wasn't thinking very well. Was trying to clean up the spilled nails and
>> screws in the garage when he came in. And I either have a fever or it's
>> just the heat so I was sweating to death.

> Is the humidity high in your area?

I didn't check it but it doesn't feel muggy. The odd thing about our
weather is that we normally have high humidity except when the temp. goes
up. We might have 2 muggy feeling days a year. Sometimes 3. It's actually
pretty dry.

Now that I think about it, I think this illness started prior. It began
with foot and leg cramps and I couldn't figure out why I had them. My big
toes were pointing upwards and my calves were tight all the time. No amount
of stretching would help. I finally had to use my electric massager to get
relief so I could sleep. The tight muscles were so bad that I had much more
trouble walking than usual. I have finally gotten stronger to the point
where I can walk from the dance studio to the grocery store. To do this I
pass by 7 small businesses. One is a Subway sandwich shop and most of these
places are about that size to slightly bigger. So not a long walk. Used to
be that I had to stop and rest 2-3 times. But when I tried to make the walk
on Monday, I had to pretty much stop and rest about every 10 steps. My legs
were just weak! Even sitting caused pain.

After maybe 2-3 days of this, the pain worked its way upwards. I perhaps
wrongly assumed this was a Fibromyalgia flare. Often with those the pain
starts either at the bottom and works its way up or the opposite. This time
I had bad pain in my hip sockets and my thighs ached both front and back.
But not just the muscles. Like the whole entire area.

Also I had a weird headache that surrounded my right eye, went into my neck
and down into the right shoulder. But... I mostly would wake up with this
and as the day went on, it receded.

I am pretty sure now that I did have a fever. I went from sweating to
chilling.

Right now I am very hungry but afraid to eat. I had my normal toast for
breakfast. For dinner I only had a small hunk of bread. We got a free
little demi loaf from Target. Later, I had a small dish of applesauce and
an organic lollipop because my throat was sore.

I think I got dehydrated as well. My fingertips seemed dry and looked very
wrinkled. That's not normal for me.

BG was down to 127 before dinner but shot up to 220 after, probably from
eating pretty much all carbs.

Am going to go make some white rice now and drink a ton of water. My mom
told me to go to the walk in clinic earlier but I felt too awful to even
drive. Plus I feared that I would continue to throw up. *sigh*

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Peppermint Patootie > wrote:
: In article >, Todd >
: wrote:
: > On 09/11/2013 10:34 PM, Cheri wrote:
: > > What? You think I don't know all of that? I love hot dogs too.
: > > Cheri
: > :-)
: >
: > Hot dogs are food?

: Oh, yes! Grilled on a griddle and served with brown mustard. YUM!

: Gotta love those back-to-the-fifties foods.

: PP
: --
: "What you fail to understand is that criticising established authority by means
: of argument and evidence is a crucial aspect of how science works."
: - Chris Malcolm

I love good kosher hot dogs cooked in saurkraut with added caraway seeds.
Eaten on a plate with knife adn fork, no bun, and some mustard , if you
like(deli dtyle), they are terrific and make a whole meal.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 9/12/2013 10:30 AM, Cheri wrote:
> "Todd" > wrote in message

>>> What? You think I don't know all of that? I love hot dogs too.
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> :-)
>>
>> Hot dogs are food?

> Love the Evergood brand, just cold. :-)

Gross.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Don Roberto > wrote:
: On 9/20/2013 1:40 PM, Todd wrote:
: > That being said, I server in Germany during the Cold War.
: > The Germans had road side stands with Brats and sour kraut.
: > I "lived" for them. They were culinary and grease heaven.
: >

: Actually, in Germany sauerkraut (note proper spelling :-) is just one of
: the options - my favorite Kraut dog (where Kraut does *not* stand for
: sauerkraut :-) is Currywurst.

Kraut is simply the word for cabbage so sauer kraut is sourcabbage. If you
add some wurst to it that's fine but is something else.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 00:25:49 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
> wrote:

>Don Roberto > wrote:
>: On 9/20/2013 1:40 PM, Todd wrote:
>: > That being said, I server in Germany during the Cold War.
>: > The Germans had road side stands with Brats and sour kraut.
>: > I "lived" for them. They were culinary and grease heaven.
>: >
>
>: Actually, in Germany sauerkraut (note proper spelling :-) is just one of
>: the options - my favorite Kraut dog (where Kraut does *not* stand for
>: sauerkraut :-) is Currywurst.
>
>Kraut is simply the word for cabbage so sauer kraut is sourcabbage. If you
>add some wurst to it that's fine but is something else.
>
>Wendy

Kraut is also slang for German. So a non-saurkraut kraut dog called
currywurst would be a German dog made from bratwurst and I would guess
(just a guess mind you), curry. As curry has become quite popular
world wide over the last few decades.

Not limited to thinking inside block.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 09:39:10 -0500
Who Are You > wrote:

> Kraut is also slang for German. So a non-saurkraut kraut dog called
> currywurst would be a German dog made from bratwurst and I would guess
> (just a guess mind you), curry. As curry has become quite popular
> world wide over the last few decades.

Currywurst is a standard fast-food item in Berlin. It looks to
be sliced wurst with some kind of sauce over it. Most likely
curry sauce. I haven't tried it. Sauces are risky for
me.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 9/21/2013 5:25 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> Don Roberto > wrote:
> : On 9/20/2013 1:40 PM, Todd wrote:
> : > That being said, I server in Germany during the Cold War.
> : > The Germans had road side stands with Brats and sour kraut.
> : > I "lived" for them. They were culinary and grease heaven.
> : >
>
> : Actually, in Germany sauerkraut (note proper spelling :-) is just one of
> : the options - my favorite Kraut dog (where Kraut does *not* stand for
> : sauerkraut :-) is Currywurst.
>
> Kraut is simply the word for cabbage so sauer kraut is sourcabbage.

I wasn't writing about what it is, but how it's spelled.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sauerkraut?s=t

Besides "Kraut" isn't just "simply the word for cabbage"
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/kraut?s=t
see definition #2.

If you
> add some wurst to it that's fine but is something else.

Yep. And THAT something else was what Todd and I were talking about.
BTW - we weren't talking about dishes where you add wurst to sauerkraut,
but dishes where you add sauerkraut and/or other goodies to wurst.
Bratwurst, to be more precise. Bread also comes into play.
You know, like in ye olde American hot dog.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 9/22/2013 7:39 AM, Who Are You wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 00:25:49 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
> > wrote:
>
>> Don Roberto > wrote:
>> : On 9/20/2013 1:40 PM, Todd wrote:
>> : > That being said, I server in Germany during the Cold War.
>> : > The Germans had road side stands with Brats and sour kraut.
>> : > I "lived" for them. They were culinary and grease heaven.
>> : >
>>
>> : Actually, in Germany sauerkraut (note proper spelling :-) is just one of
>> : the options - my favorite Kraut dog (where Kraut does *not* stand for
>> : sauerkraut :-) is Currywurst.
>>
>> Kraut is simply the word for cabbage so sauer kraut is sourcabbage. If you
>> add some wurst to it that's fine but is something else.
>>
>> Wendy

> Kraut is also slang for German. So a non-saurkraut kraut dog called
> currywurst would be a German dog made from bratwurst and I would guess
> (just a guess mind you), curry.

Actually, it's Bratwurst served with a curry-ketchup sauce.
Here are a couple of recipes:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/german-currywurst/
http://www.finedininglovers.com/reci...-sauce-recipe/

As curry has become quite popular
> world wide over the last few decades.
>
> Not limited to thinking inside block.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 9/22/2013 12:12 PM, Trawley Trash wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 09:39:10 -0500
> Who Are You > wrote:
>
>> Kraut is also slang for German. So a non-saurkraut kraut dog called
>> currywurst would be a German dog made from bratwurst and I would guess
>> (just a guess mind you), curry. As curry has become quite popular
>> world wide over the last few decades.

> Currywurst is a standard fast-food item in Berlin. It looks to
> be sliced wurst with some kind of sauce over it. Most likely
> curry sauce. I haven't tried it. Sauces are risky for
> me.

In this case the other main ingredient is ketchup.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 9/22/2013 10:02 PM, Todd wrote:
> On 09/21/2013 03:23 PM, Don Roberto wrote:
>>> I server in Germany during the Cold War.
>>> The Germans had road side stands with Brats and sour kraut.
>>> I "lived" for them. They were culinary and grease heaven.

>> Actually, in Germany sauerkraut (note proper spelling :-) is just one of
>> the options - my favorite Kraut dog (where Kraut does *not* stand for
>> sauerkraut :-) is Currywurst.

> They called it sauerkraut. Seemed like the same stuff I ate in
> America, except it tasted better.

Curry???? Hmmmm.

Try it - you'll like it.
Google for recipes.

They must
> have expanded their offerings over the years.

Currywurst originated in Berlin after WW2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herta_Heuwer
It's now popular all over Germany
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 04:42:44 -0700
wrote:

> Actually, it's Bratwurst served with a curry-ketchup sauce.

Ketchup is a high-sugar disaster for me.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.dabetes

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 23:06:13 -0500
Who Are You > wrote:

> > I wasn't talking about German, but American English. "Wurst" is a
> > loan word that has taken the meaning German sausage. And "Kraut"
> > is not used much today, but it was distinctly derogatory fifty
> > years ago. "Kraut dog" is the rough equivalent of "n****r
> > melon".

> Now you are making shit up.
>
> In America kraut dog is a hot dog with sauerkraut. I can find no
> reference to it's use as you claim.
>
> sauerkraut is simply pickled cabbage and came from China. It arrived
> in Europe around 700 AD. It arrived in the USA in the mid 1800's.
> During WW1 it was renamed "Liberty Cabbage" by many of the companies
> that sold it out of fear it would lose sales because of the war.
>
> There are plenty of references where "kraut" is used as derogatory
> slang, but I can't find anything using "kraut dog".

The OP used it in just that sense, and others here interpreted it to
mean a hot dog with sauerkraut. That is what started this subthread.
"Kraut" has two meanings. Sauerkraut, and a derived meaning of
someone who eats it: a German. "Kraut dog" thus also has two meanings.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.dabetes

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 03:02:17 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
> wrote:

>Trawley Trash > wrote:
>: On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 16:03:53 -0700
>: wrote:
>
>: > >> Ordering simply "wurst" in Germany is like ordering "meat" in an
>: > >> American restaurant. Or "coffee" at Starbucks.
>: > >> You gotta know EXACTLY what you want lest you want to be identified
>: > >> as a hick.
>: > >
>: > > I wasn't talking about German, but American English.
>: >
>: > An we (Todd & I) were talking about Bratwurst and sauerkraut such as
>: > the "Brats" he enjoyed at the roadside stands *in* Germany.
>: > You are free though to talk about something else, although you really
>: > should start another thread to do so.
>
>: The usage that prompted my reply was Wendy's "my favorite Kraut dog
>: is currywurst." This is sliced wurst with curry sauce: not
>: sauerkraut. It isn't a sandwich either.
>: --
>: I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.
>
>Not my work. I never tried it. I only said that inGerman, kraut means
>cabbage, so saurkraut is sour cabbage. since i was speaking of ght
>Germanlanguage then everybody chimed inwith Americna slang of kraut for
>German person, a term used with much derogatory meaning during WWII.
>Ihave never been to German andnever intend to g, but Idid study the
>language for a year in college a long time ago.
>
>Wendy

Sauerkraut is pickled cabbage.

Pickling does not make everything sour.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.dabetes

"W. Baker" > wrote:

> Trawley Trash > wrote:
> : On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 16:03:53 -0700
> : wrote:
>
> : > >> Ordering simply "wurst" in Germany is like ordering "meat" in
> an : > >> American restaurant. Or "coffee" at Starbucks.
> : > >> You gotta know EXACTLY what you want lest you want to be
> identified : > >> as a hick.
> : > >
> : > > I wasn't talking about German, but American English.
> : >
> : > An we (Todd & I) were talking about Bratwurst and sauerkraut such
> as : > the "Brats" he enjoyed at the roadside stands *in* Germany.
> : > You are free though to talk about something else, although you
> really : > should start another thread to do so.
>
> : The usage that prompted my reply was Wendy's "my favorite Kraut
> dog : is currywurst." This is sliced wurst with curry sauce: not
> : sauerkraut. It isn't a sandwich either.
> : --
> : I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.
>
> Not my work. I never tried it. I only said that inGerman, kraut
> means cabbage, so saurkraut is sour cabbage. since i was speaking of
> ght Germanlanguage then everybody chimed inwith Americna slang of
> kraut for German person, a term used with much derogatory meaning
> during WWII. Ihave never been to German andnever intend to g, but
> Idid study the language for a year in college a long time ago.
>
> Wendy

I may have mis-attributed the quote, but the wording was clearly
not consistent with "Kraut dog" meaning a hot dog with sauerkraut.
We are using two different definitions for "kraut" in this thread.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.dabetes

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 04:36:51 -0500
I Don't Know > wrote:

> Sauerkraut is pickled cabbage.
>
> Pickling does not make everything sour.

However sauerkraut *is* sour.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.dabetes

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 15:14:56 -0700, Trawley Trash
> wrote:

>On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 04:36:51 -0500
>I Don't Know > wrote:
>
>> Sauerkraut is pickled cabbage.
>>
>> Pickling does not make everything sour.

> However sauerkraut *is* sour.

Not always.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.dabetes

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 01:21:29 -0500
I Don't Know > wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 15:14:56 -0700, Trawley Trash
> > wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 04:36:51 -0500
> >I Don't Know > wrote:
> >
> >> Sauerkraut is pickled cabbage.
> >>
> >> Pickling does not make everything sour.

> > However sauerkraut *is* sour.

> Not always.

Only if it isn't really sauerkraut. It is going out of fashion
even in Germany. I walked in to a small market and asked for it,
and the salesperson assured me that the "weiss Krauter Salad"
was the same thing. It wasn't. It was loaded with sugar.
I had to throw it out.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.dabetes

On 9/28/2013 7:40 AM, Trawley Trash wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 01:21:29 -0500
> I Don't Know > wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 15:14:56 -0700, Trawley Trash
>> > wrote:

>>> However sauerkraut *is* sour.

>> Not always.

> Only if it isn't really sauerkraut.

Wrong.
I.e., I don't Know knows something you don't know.

It is going out of fashion
> even in Germany.

No, it's not.
In fact, starting this Christmas, Germans will start using Sauerkraut as
Weihnachtsbaumschmuck.
http://tinyurl.com/n63h6wy

I walked in to a small market

*In* Germany? When?

and asked for it,
> and the salesperson assured me that the "weiss Krauter Salad"

The word is Weißkrautsalat or Weisskrautsalat.

> was the same thing. It wasn't.

You finally got something right :-)
Weißkrautsalat definitely isn't the same thing as Sauerkraut.

Don Roberto
Das Leben ist wie Sauerkraut.
Wohl dem, der es gut verdaut.
-Kalenderspruch