Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Feedback: T2 emergency pantry

Hi All,

On my T2 Emergency Pantry, so far I have found Raley's
Full Circle canned Organic cut green beans. Taste okay.
Not real good -- they are canned. About $1.50 per can.

And, I have tried Keystone Meats natural canned
Port and beef:
http://www.keystonemeats.com/home/products.php
A bit dry and over cooked, but okay for canned meat.
They available from Amazon.com.

I am about to try their turkey and chicken.

I had my Beef with Opuntia (prickly pear), a large
cherry tomatoes cut up, seal salt, a couple shakes
of sea salt, a shake of organic onion powder, and some
Chimayo pepper powder (New Mexico Red). You guys have
created a monster.

-T

Here is a letter Keystone sent me about their pooched
cans, which they call "clickers". I have eaten two
clickers so far and did not die:

Subject: “Clicking” Cans

The purpose of this letter is to explain the air bubble that you have
noticed in some of your canned meat products. Evidence of the air bubble
is when the can end pops back and forth due to an air bubble trapped
inside the can.

This does not indicate a problem with product integrity or product spoilage.

Most incidents happen with 14.5 oz beef, pork, or ground beef for the
following reason. The meat is raw when packed in the cans so it is
cold, stiff, and somewhat sticky. In the narrow 14.5 oz can, air gets
entrapped in the meat when it is packed into the can. No water or any
other lubricant is added to the product to remove the air or fill void
spaces in the meat so air never escapes and is sealed in the can with
the meat. Thus, the can may have an air bubble trapped inside.

The product is commercially sterile, and safe for consumption within the
normally specified shelf life.

Thank you for your business.

Sincerely,

Keystone meats
Canned Meat Manufacturer

Need recommendations for T2 Emergency Pantry Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 33 29-09-2013 11:13 AM
Need recommendations for T2 Emergency Pantry Peppermint Patootie Diabetic 0 12-09-2013 09:25 PM
Need recommendations for T2 Emergency Pantry W. Baker Diabetic 2 12-09-2013 01:34 PM
Feedback chipotle Mexican Cooking 0 21-09-2006 03:07 PM
Looking for feedback [email protected] General Cooking 1 17-04-2006 04:29 AM