Old 09-06-2013, 02:15 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default RECIPE: coconut flour pancakes (low carb, gluten free)

On 06/08/2013 05:55 PM, Billy wrote:
And for those of us who don't know about Erythritol (sounds like
something I'd find in a lab), are they GMO free [I see that they are
yeast fermented but I'm new at this game], or should one worry at all
when buying it? A little counsel, please.

I see Doris uses sugar, so I presume that stevia would work as well.

Hi Billy,

Here is a good glycemic index page of all the sugars:

http://www.sugar-and-sweetener-guide...weeteners.html

The glycemic index is how fast a sugar/carb gets into your
system. They set the dreaded "Glucose" at 100. Glocose
is also known as Dextrose.

On the table you will notice that "Maltodextrin" is rated
at 110. Worse than Glucose. And, due to a "loophole"
in our poor labeling laws, it is not listed as a sugar or carb.
(This is why I call it "Liar's Glucose".)

And, be very, very careful with "Sucralose" (Splenda), unless
you want to add cancer to you list of problems. Sucralose
is a failed pesticide. (So lets feed it to humans! Wonder
who was the first person brave enough to taste it?)

http://www.wnho.net/splenda_chlorocarbon.htm
http://thepeopleschemist.com/splenda...es-internally/
http://www.draxe.com/dangerous-splen...ial-sweetener/

I try my best to avoid chemistry set food like Erythritol.
And it is not carb free either.

I personally use Stevia. But, I have to warn you, before
you are use to it, it tastes like gasoline. But, the good news
is that you do get use to it.

Here is an idea for a simple treat. When I am in the office,
I suck on frozen blue berries. Blue Berries have properties
that are great for Diabetics. Add they are low enough in carbs

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...-juices/1851/2

(Keep it to about 1/2 cup at a time or stretch a cup out all day.)

Also take a look at
Hypoglycemic effect of Opuntia streptacantha Lemaire in NIDDM
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3276479

Very, very good for non-insulin dependent T2's.

In pill form (the one I use):
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swans...50-mg-180-caps

Hope that helps, somewhat,
-T

Old 09-06-2013, 07:08 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , Todd
wrote:

[...]

http://thepeopleschemist.com/splenda...at-explodes-in
ternally/
http://www.draxe.com/dangerous-splen...tificial-sweet
ener/

I try my best to avoid chemistry set food like Erythritol.
And it is not carb free either.

I personally use Stevia. But, I have to warn you, before
you are use to it, it tastes like gasoline.

I've grown it, and some taste better than others, but it is all
acceptible. White powders, I don't know.

But, the good news
is that you do get use to it.

Here is an idea for a simple treat. When I am in the office,
I suck on frozen blue berries. Blue Berries have properties
that are great for Diabetics. Add they are low enough in carbs

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...-juices/1851/2

(Keep it to about 1/2 cup at a time or stretch a cup out all day.)

Also take a look at
Hypoglycemic effect of Opuntia streptacantha Lemaire in NIDDM
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3276479

Very, very good for non-insulin dependent T2's.

In pill form (the one I use):
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swans...us-opuntia-650
-mg-180-caps

Hope that helps, somewhat,
-T

http://www.pfaf.org/user/Plant.aspx?LatinName=Vaccinium+myrtillus

The dried leaves of bilberries [blueberries] are used in the treatment
of a variety of complaints[4]. These leaves should be harvested in early
autumn, only green leaves being selected, and then dried in gentle
heat[4]. The leaves should not be used medicinally for more than 3 weeks
at a time[254]. A tea made from the dried leaves is strongly astringent,
diuretic, tonic and an antiseptic for the urinary tract[4]. It is also a

remedy for diabetes

if taken for a prolonged period[4]. Another report says that the leaves
can be helpful in pre-diabetic states but that they are not an
alternative to conventional treatment[254]. The leaves contain
glucoquinones, which reduce the levels of sugar in the blood[238].
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:16 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06/08/2013 11:08 PM, Billy wrote:
http://www.pfaf.org/user/Plant.aspx?LatinName=Vaccinium+myrtillus

The dried leaves of bilberries [blueberries] are used in the treatment
of a variety of complaints[4]. These leaves should be harvested in early
autumn, only green leaves being selected, and then dried in gentle
heat[4]. The leaves should not be used medicinally for more than 3 weeks
at a time[254]. A tea made from the dried leaves is strongly astringent,
diuretic, tonic and an antiseptic for the urinary tract[4]. It is also a

remedy for diabetes

if taken for a prolonged period[4]. Another report says that the leaves
can be helpful in pre-diabetic states but that they are not an
alternative to conventional treatment[254]. The leaves contain
glucoquinones, which reduce the levels of sugar in the blood[238].

Fascinating. Thank you.