Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default Gluten Free or Low Carb people.....recipes

Here's a couple of recipes I've tested and tweaked and liked. Gluten
Free and practically zero carbs.

FLAXSEED MUFFINS OR BREAD

Extremely low carb

Basic Recipe
2 cups flax seed meal - grind flax seeds in a clean coffee grinder
1/2 cup nuts....almonds, raw -- chopped, or sunflower seeds, or
pecans, or walnuts or ground up chia seeds, or any combination you
like etc.
1/2 cup unsweetened organic coconut meat
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup xylotol - or 1/2 cup or less of honey, agave, etc. (adjust to
your sweet level preference)
2 scoops whey protein
5 large eggs - well beaten
2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
3 Tablespoons melted butter
2/3 cup water
1 Tablespoon flavor extract...vanilla, orange, bananna, etc. (I used
vanilla)

optonal: dried cranberries, blueberries, fresh blueberries, etc.
about 1/2 a cup

pre-heat oven to 350F

mix together all dry ingredients in a bowl, then in a separate bowl,
beat the eggs well and add the rest of the wet ingredients and beat
well, add dry to wet and beat
thoroughly.

immediately transfer batter to buttered loaf pan or muffin tin.

for Loaf Pan ...bake about one hour as the loaf is dense and takes
longer
to get done. Test with a clean knife. Turn it out of the loaf pan
to cool
or it will get too moist in the middle. I go ahead and slice it into
thick slices
and let it cool. There's a lot of moisture in there.

**For muffins: preheat oven to 350
Fill and bake minimum of 20-25 minutes, or until done. Makes 12.

Variations:

Add the same spices you would add to carrot cake plus some finely
shredded
carrots. Eat with cream cheese !!!!!! or sweeten the cream cheese
with some
xylotol and make an "icing".... !!!

This satisfies my morning muffin or bread craving very well.

I had a slice for breakfast, lightly toasted with cream cheese. Very
filling and
satisfying. I'm going to make carrot cake muffins next . This is
a great breakfast for me since I don't want to take the time to 'cook'
in the mornings.

.................................................. .......................

OOPSIE ROLLS OR BREAD

3 large eggs - room temperature
pinch of cream of tartar (1/8 tsp)
4 oz cream cheese at room temperature
2 heaping tablespoons flax meal
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp garlic powder

Put metal mixing bowl and beaters in refrigerator to get cold. This
helps
the egg whites get nice and stiff.

Preheat oven to 300

Separate the yolks and whites. Put whites aside.

Add cream cheese, flax meal salt and garlic powder to the yolks. Use
a mixer or

whisk to combine egg yolks and cream cheese mixture well.

In a seperate bowl whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff.
Beat till whites
are really stiff and dry.

Add the whites to the bowl of egg yolk and cream cheese mixture.
Using a spatula,

gradually fold the egg yolk mix into the whites, being careful not to
break down the egg

whites as much as you can.

Spray a cookie sheet with non stick spray (sil pat works best) and
spoon the
mix on the sheet making 6 mounds. Flatten each mound slightly into a
bun shape.
Or if you want it more like sliced bread, just spread it out on the
silpat about
1/2 inch thick. After it's cooled you can cut it into squares for
bread slices.

Bake about 30 minutes , still slightly soft, not crumbly. Let cool on
the sheet
for a few minutes and then remove to a rack and allow to cool. Store
in
an open paper bag and allow to rest before use.

Makes 6 rolls or 8 squares for sandwich bread

Nutritional Info: Per roll:
Calories 85, Carbohydrates .6 g, Fiber: 0 g, Protein 4 g, Fat
7.5 g.

After this cools it will deflate so you need to use two 'rolls' for a
hamburger.
I'm very happy that it holds up to even a juicy hamburger.

Parmesan Garlic and Oregano Oopsie
4 eggs
4 oz cream cheese
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
2 T Parmesan
pinch of garlic salt
1/2 tsp oregano

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thanks--I'm looking forward to trying these!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Jul 26, 5:42*pm, "Janet" > wrote:
> Thanks--I'm looking forward to trying these!

I did the Flax bread with grated carrots, cinnamon, pecans, raisins
and some dried cranberries today. It will be yummy toasted for
breakfast with cream cheese.

https://picasaweb.google.com/Sitara8...51243443836530

one thing you might do is after the bread is out of the oven and the
loaf pan...wait till you can
grasp it comfortably without burning your hand and go ahead and slice
it to let it cool. ..that
steams moisture out of it. Other wise it is a bit gummy. I let it
cool completely after slicing and then reassemble the loaf and put it
in a bread bag and keep it in the refrigerator.

It is yummy toasted with cream cheese and/or honey for breakfast.