Old 29-05-2013, 01:30 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Recipe, sort of: Pumpkin, chorizo and shrimp bisque

z-no-archive: yes

I'll start off by apologizing to Wendy for all the traif.

I started out planning this, because I believed I had all the
ingredients in the house:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...-Bisque-104123

I had bought U.S. shrimp instead of Costco's from Indonesia and all I
could get raw was peeled already, so no go this time.

I can't wait to try it that way next time. It inspired me to modify my
winter pumpkin andouille sausage soup, and instead I made pumpkin and
shrimp bisque with chorizo, which is fabulous with shellfish, IME.

I sauteed some garlic, two chopped shallots, chopped celery and two
cubed chorizos (about 6" long each) and adding some white wine when they
were softened a bit.

Brought that to a boil briefly, then added two cans of organic pumpkin
puree, some really lousy store bought chicken stock (I had to add a lot
of Better Than Bouillon chicken paste later, out of home made stock). I
tossed in two bay leaves and a couple of sage sprigs and some salt and
black pepper and brought it to short of a boil, then set it all teh way
to the lowest heat and let it sit, covered on low until Tom got home,
worked out, and felt like eating.

I then sauteed the lb of shrimp with a small handful of chopped fresh
sage leaves in EVOO and dumped them into the soup, after adding a cup of
heavy cream. Let it sit a few, then we ate.

Very warming, rich and wonderful meal on a cold, rainy NY day after
Memorial Day with the heat on and grey skies.

Susan

Old 29-05-2013, 02:23 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Susan" wrote in message
[...]

Sounds good, and I envy you the cold, rainy day. Hasn't been too bad these
past few days but his San Joaquin Valley is hot and supposed to be 100 by
Friday. I hate the heat. :-)

Cheri

Old 29-05-2013, 02:31 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 05/28/2013 06:23 PM, Cheri wrote:
San Joaquin Valley is hot and supposed to be 100 by Friday. I hate the
heat. :-)

Hi Cheri,

This stuff helps you take extremes of hot and cold. "Suppose"
to help with Diabetes too (haven't confirmed). But I can
confirm on the hot and cold.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/princ...518-mg-50-caps

I will mind my own business now. (Perhaps.)

-T
Old 29-05-2013, 03:03 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
On 05/28/2013 06:23 PM, Cheri wrote:
San Joaquin Valley is hot and supposed to be 100 by Friday. I hate the
heat. :-)

Hi Cheri,

This stuff helps you take extremes of hot and cold. "Suppose"
to help with Diabetes too (haven't confirmed). But I can
confirm on the hot and cold.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/princ...518-mg-50-caps

I will mind my own business now. (Perhaps.)

-T

Thanks for the suggestion. :-)

Cheri

Old 29-05-2013, 03:12 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 05/28/2013 07:03 PM, Cheri wrote:
"Todd" wrote in message
On 05/28/2013 06:23 PM, Cheri wrote:
San Joaquin Valley is hot and supposed to be 100 by Friday. I hate the
heat. :-)

Hi Cheri,

This stuff helps you take extremes of hot and cold. "Suppose"
to help with Diabetes too (haven't confirmed). But I can
confirm on the hot and cold.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/princ...518-mg-50-caps

I will mind my own business now. (Perhaps.)

-T

Thanks for the suggestion. :-)

Cheri

You are most welcome :-)

Old 29-05-2013, 04:01 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 28 May 2013 18:23:14 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Cheri"
wrote:

"Susan" wrote in message
[...]

I heard that too Cheri. I can't say I'm looking forward to 100
degrees though.
--
Kaye

http://theconversation.edu.au/altern...academics-5058
"Ian, when a person says "up to 90%" it can be anywhere ranging from 1 to 90."
Carole Hubbard
Old 29-05-2013, 06:16 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

"Susan" wrote in message
[...]

It has been weird. Going from this cooler temp for this area to that in a
day or two.

Cheri

Shrimp Bisque aem General Cooking 6 20-02-2010 01:51 PM
Curried Pumpkin Bisque Kathy[_2_] Recipes (moderated) 0 27-10-2007 02:36 AM
Curried Pumpkin Bisque Sandy U. Recipes (moderated) 0 22-10-2007 03:48 PM
Pumpkin Bisque [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 01-03-2007 02:23 AM
Curried Pumpkin Bisque Sandy U. Recipes (moderated) 0 01-11-2006 11:05 AM