Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Getting burned out oh food again!

This is getting super frustrating. Nothing sounds good to eat and I just
don't want to eat anything. I especially don't want to go out to eat. I
tried to order something different when we went to Family Pancake House and
I just couldn't get into it. Granted they do cater to seniors. I got the
Yankee Pot Roast. The texture was as though someone had already chewed it
for me. I had it with a plain baked potato and a salad with no dressing. I
did manage to eat all of the potato with salt on it. But I didn't even want
the salad.

I can't even find stuff at the grocery store that looks good and neither can
Angela. Nothing looks good to her either. So it is very frustrating. I do
still like beans but I didn't cook any this week. She had the stomach flu
last week and I've had some stomach issues but not sure why.

Okay she did think that the pumpkin pie looked good. But no real main dish
type foods. We went to PCC Natural Market yesterday. It's very much like
Whole Foods, but it's a local chain. They have tons of healthy prepared
food and she couldn't find a thing to eat. I got a falafil sandwich which I
probably shouldn't have eaten. I couldn't even finish it because I just
didn't want it after I started eating it. It seems to be one of those
things that I can eat if I am super hungry. And I just wasn't.

So, bleh. Not really asking for suggestions here. Just sort of venting.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> This is getting super frustrating. Nothing sounds good to eat and I just
> don't want to eat anything. I especially don't want to go out to eat. I
> tried to order something different when we went to Family Pancake House
> and I just couldn't get into it. Granted they do cater to seniors. I got
> the Yankee Pot Roast. The texture was as though someone had already
> chewed it for me. I had it with a plain baked potato and a salad with no
> dressing. I did manage to eat all of the potato with salt on it. But I
> didn't even want the salad.
>
> I can't even find stuff at the grocery store that looks good and neither
> can Angela. Nothing looks good to her either. So it is very frustrating.
> I do still like beans but I didn't cook any this week. She had the
> stomach flu last week and I've had some stomach issues but not sure why.
>
> Okay she did think that the pumpkin pie looked good. But no real main
> dish type foods. We went to PCC Natural Market yesterday. It's very much
> like Whole Foods, but it's a local chain. They have tons of healthy
> prepared food and she couldn't find a thing to eat. I got a falafil
> sandwich which I probably shouldn't have eaten. I couldn't even finish it
> because I just didn't want it after I started eating it. It seems to be
> one of those things that I can eat if I am super hungry. And I just
> wasn't.
>
> So, bleh. Not really asking for suggestions here. Just sort of venting.

Yeah, when that mood hits you need something really
good too break it, and getting an "already chewed" pot
roast is really the yucks. When I get like that I start
channel-hopping on the food shows, eventually something
looks decent or stimulates curiosity, and I can break out
of the funk. Before the Great Food Television I'd go to
the library and go through the cookbook aisle. Eventually
something will click. Hopefully before Xmas and all,
unless Chanukah is already a problem. Good luck.

pavane

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"pavane" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> This is getting super frustrating. Nothing sounds good to eat and I just
>> don't want to eat anything. I especially don't want to go out to eat. I
>> tried to order something different when we went to Family Pancake House
>> and I just couldn't get into it. Granted they do cater to seniors. I
>> got the Yankee Pot Roast. The texture was as though someone had already
>> chewed it for me. I had it with a plain baked potato and a salad with no
>> dressing. I did manage to eat all of the potato with salt on it. But I
>> didn't even want the salad.
>>
>> I can't even find stuff at the grocery store that looks good and neither
>> can Angela. Nothing looks good to her either. So it is very
>> frustrating. I do still like beans but I didn't cook any this week. She
>> had the stomach flu last week and I've had some stomach issues but not
>> sure why.
>>
>> Okay she did think that the pumpkin pie looked good. But no real main
>> dish type foods. We went to PCC Natural Market yesterday. It's very
>> much like Whole Foods, but it's a local chain. They have tons of healthy
>> prepared food and she couldn't find a thing to eat. I got a falafil
>> sandwich which I probably shouldn't have eaten. I couldn't even finish
>> it because I just didn't want it after I started eating it. It seems to
>> be one of those things that I can eat if I am super hungry. And I just
>> wasn't.
>>
>> So, bleh. Not really asking for suggestions here. Just sort of venting.

> Yeah, when that mood hits you need something really
> good too break it, and getting an "already chewed" pot
> roast is really the yucks. When I get like that I start
> channel-hopping on the food shows, eventually something
> looks decent or stimulates curiosity, and I can break out
> of the funk. Before the Great Food Television I'd go to
> the library and go through the cookbook aisle. Eventually
> something will click. Hopefully before Xmas and all,
> unless Chanukah is already a problem. Good luck.
>
> pavane

Yeah. I used to read cookbooks all the time. I am watching the Food
Network but it's that Sugar Dome show and I'm not really into that. The
Next Iron Chef is on next. Maybe I'll find something there.