Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Chili tonight!

I am going to be the only one eating it so it is to my taste. Lots of white
onion, green pepper and red pepper. Ground beef, kidney beans, medium salsa
and chili powder. Will taste it to see if I need more chili powder. I like
a little heat. But not too much. I do have a huge pot of it so I may have
to freeze some. I don't really want to do that but... I didn't figure
things right. I was thinking that I would eat this all week but I think I
am only going to be home for three dinners this week.

I am still getting used to the new dance schedule. Actually I just looked
at it again. I might just drop her off one night and feed her an early
dinner first. Last week I took my dinner to the studio. But I think there
will be no changes that day.

We have had to switch our shopping schedule. I now have the Target Red card
so I am trying to do the bulk of our grocery shopping there. Because they
don't have what I would call a complete grocery, I can't get everything
there. But their prices are mostly the best. So we will combine that trip
with Costco after dance now. Then we can go to Winco on the way home from
my parent's house. That should free up most Sundays for us. We can stay
home! Woo hoo! It was just making it too hard to be gone somewhere every
single day.

Angela will be having some garlic marinated chicken, a white sweet potato
and a salad. Need to get some coleslaw dressing while she is in dance. I
forgot to pick it up at Winco.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>I am going to be the only one eating it so it is to my taste. Lots of
>white onion, green pepper and red pepper. Ground beef, kidney beans,
>medium salsa and chili powder. Will taste it to see if I need more chili
>powder. I like a little heat. But not too much. I do have a huge pot of
>it so I may have to freeze some. I don't really want to do that but... I
>didn't figure things right. I was thinking that I would eat this all week
>but I think I am only going to be home for three dinners this week.
>
> I am still getting used to the new dance schedule. Actually I just looked
> at it again. I might just drop her off one night and feed her an early
> dinner first. Last week I took my dinner to the studio. But I think
> there will be no changes that day.
>
> We have had to switch our shopping schedule. I now have the Target Red
> card so I am trying to do the bulk of our grocery shopping there. Because
> they don't have what I would call a complete grocery, I can't get
> everything there. But their prices are mostly the best. So we will
> combine that trip with Costco after dance now. Then we can go to Winco on
> the way home from my parent's house. That should free up most Sundays for
> us. We can stay home! Woo hoo! It was just making it too hard to be
> gone somewhere every single day.
>
> Angela will be having some garlic marinated chicken, a white sweet potato
> and a salad. Need to get some coleslaw dressing while she is in dance. I
> forgot to pick it up at Winco.

Well, bleh. I have made better chili. Not sure where I went wrong. Beans
were overcooked! I did the quick soak method and checked at 45 minutes
because when I made them the other day, 60 minutes was too much. Well
apparently 45 minutes is too! I used a different salsa because it was on
sale. The end result had a slightly odd flavor to me and a bit more heat
than I like.

Angela was not thrilled either. She liked the salad and the sweet potato.
She tried a white one today. But I burned the chicken. I have a Circulon
pan and I think I somehow destroyed the non-stick part. Luckily I found
some pans of the same brand for a good price at Overstock.com. Meanwhile I
will have to make do with the Orgreenic pan that I just got. I probably
shouldn't be buying more pans now but... They had the best price on the
Chef's pan which looked to be the most similar to the old one that I have.
Then after I had ordered it, I saw the sauté pan that I really wanted and it
was a medium sellout risk. Since I hadn't seen this pan anywhere else in
the Internet, I figured I had better get it. With these two pans I can do
anything! Heh.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 9/10/2012 8:25 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> I am going to be the only one eating it so it is to my taste. Lots of
>> white onion, green pepper and red pepper. Ground beef, kidney beans,
>> medium salsa and chili powder. Will taste it to see if I need more chili
>> powder. I like a little heat. But not too much. I do have a huge pot of
>> it so I may have to freeze some. I don't really want to do that but... I
>> didn't figure things right. I was thinking that I would eat this all week
>> but I think I am only going to be home for three dinners this week.

[snip]
> Well, bleh. I have made better chili. Not sure where I went wrong. Beans
> were overcooked! I did the quick soak method and checked at 45 minutes
> because when I made them the other day, 60 minutes was too much. Well
> apparently 45 minutes is too! I used a different salsa because it was on
> sale. The end result had a slightly odd flavor to me and a bit more heat
> than I like.

Some dried beans in plastic bags have cooking instructions on the bag.
Have you looked there?

Chili tonight. Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 28 31-05-2015 11:47 PM
Chili tonight! Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 0 23-11-2013 05:19 AM
Chili Tonight William Cutler General Cooking 0 14-10-2006 05:33 PM
Chili Tonight Andy General Cooking 3 14-10-2006 05:33 PM
Chili Tonight Pete C. General Cooking 1 13-10-2006 10:28 PM