Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chili tonight!

Basic recipe came from a magazine back in the 90's. Three cans of beans
(different kinds), one can of corn, one jar of salsa. Recipe listed no
sizes. Drain the beans and corn or not, depending on how thick you like
your chili. Dump all in a pot and heat through.

But... I always doctor this. Tonight I added assorted bell pepper and
onion. Both sweet, white and green. Using up the little bits that I had.
Can of chopped tomatoes because I used a small jar of salsa and it didn't
seem like enough. Chopped cilantro, about a Tablespoon each of chili powder
and cocoa powder. Heated through but let it cook for a little while for the
raw stuff to get cooked.

No dairy on mine but husband had sour cream and Mexican cheese on his and a
leftover piece of steak chopped up and mixed in. Also white onion, cilantro
and jalapeno. Jalapenos were very mild today.

I served cornbread with this. I didn't partake but it's all gone so I guess
it was good!

Chili tonight. Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 28 31-05-2015 11:47 PM
Chili tonight! Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 2 15-10-2012 06:38 AM
Chili Tonight William Cutler General Cooking 0 14-10-2006 05:33 PM
Chili Tonight Andy General Cooking 3 14-10-2006 05:33 PM
Chili Tonight Pete C. General Cooking 1 13-10-2006 10:28 PM