Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Chili tonight!

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>I am going to be the only one eating it so it is to my taste. Lots of
>white onion, green pepper and red pepper. Ground beef, kidney beans,
>medium salsa and chili powder. Will taste it to see if I need more chili
>powder. I like a little heat. But not too much. I do have a huge pot of
>it so I may have to freeze some. I don't really want to do that but... I
>didn't figure things right. I was thinking that I would eat this all week
>but I think I am only going to be home for three dinners this week.
>
> I am still getting used to the new dance schedule. Actually I just looked
> at it again. I might just drop her off one night and feed her an early
> dinner first. Last week I took my dinner to the studio. But I think
> there will be no changes that day.
>
> We have had to switch our shopping schedule. I now have the Target Red
> card so I am trying to do the bulk of our grocery shopping there. Because
> they don't have what I would call a complete grocery, I can't get
> everything there. But their prices are mostly the best. So we will
> combine that trip with Costco after dance now. Then we can go to Winco on
> the way home from my parent's house. That should free up most Sundays for
> us. We can stay home! Woo hoo! It was just making it too hard to be
> gone somewhere every single day.
>
> Angela will be having some garlic marinated chicken, a white sweet potato
> and a salad. Need to get some coleslaw dressing while she is in dance. I
> forgot to pick it up at Winco.

Well, bleh. I have made better chili. Not sure where I went wrong. Beans
were overcooked! I did the quick soak method and checked at 45 minutes
because when I made them the other day, 60 minutes was too much. Well
apparently 45 minutes is too! I used a different salsa because it was on
sale. The end result had a slightly odd flavor to me and a bit more heat
than I like.

Angela was not thrilled either. She liked the salad and the sweet potato.
She tried a white one today. But I burned the chicken. I have a Circulon
pan and I think I somehow destroyed the non-stick part. Luckily I found
some pans of the same brand for a good price at Overstock.com. Meanwhile I
will have to make do with the Orgreenic pan that I just got. I probably
shouldn't be buying more pans now but... They had the best price on the
Chef's pan which looked to be the most similar to the old one that I have.
Then after I had ordered it, I saw the sauté pan that I really wanted and it
was a medium sellout risk. Since I hadn't seen this pan anywhere else in
the Internet, I figured I had better get it. With these two pans I can do
anything! Heh.