Old 06-09-2012, 11:54 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Dinner Tonight

Found a really nice boneless leg of lamb at Costco today, decent price. Made
a nice rosemary/garlic rub, salt, pepper etc. It's cooking now, and smells
wonderful. I will have a large salad with it. Mmmmmmm, I love lamb. DH
doesn't like it, so will be able to use it up in many different ways for
myself and my dog. My dog is salivating too, on high alert. :-)

Cheri

Old 07-09-2012, 12:05 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 6 Sep 2012 15:54:24 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Cheri"
wrote:

Found a really nice boneless leg of lamb at Costco today, decent price. Made
a nice rosemary/garlic rub, salt, pepper etc. It's cooking now, and smells
wonderful. I will have a large salad with it. Mmmmmmm, I love lamb. DH
doesn't like it, so will be able to use it up in many different ways for
myself and my dog. My dog is salivating too, on high alert. :-)

Cheri

Sounds good. We're have pork roast florentine from Trader Joe's. A
small serving of red potatoes and a salad.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:25 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message

Found a really nice boneless leg of lamb at Costco today, decent price.
Made a nice rosemary/garlic rub, salt, pepper etc. It's cooking now, and
smells wonderful. I will have a large salad with it. Mmmmmmm, I love lamb.
DH doesn't like it, so will be able to use it up in many different ways
for myself and my dog. My dog is salivating too, on high alert. :-)

Cheri

Nothing formally planned for tonight. We have to leave for the dance studio
soon. This is Angela's long night. So normally I would just drop her off.
But being that it is the first week of the year and things change, I want to
be there tonight. So I have made a sandwich on honey whole wheat bread from
Costco. Kirkland brand turkey on it with some Smart Balance Light, a thinly
sliced plum tomato and some bits of lettuce that I pulled from Angela's
salad bowl.

She is having some leftover chicken, a sweet potato and a green salad.

I offered to make something for husband but he declined. So he will be on
his own. There is a sandwich in there, plenty of raw fruits and veg,
hummus, yogurt, cheese, a bit of leftover fried rice and 3 little
Chimichangas.

Not sure what we will have tomorrow. We'll be going to Winco. The past few
weeks we have found super good deals on pre-made sandwiches that were going
to expire the following day. So I might just pick up sandwiches for Angela
and husband. Depends on how the dance classes go really. There is some
confusion about one class and if things go the way they say they will (I
still need to talk to the teacher), then Angela will be dropping that class.
If she does, we will go shopping then come home and eat. If she takes the
class, we won't get out of there until 6:30. In that case we will likely go
out to eat before we shop. Otherwise we will just be too hungry and that
won't be good.

I plan to make a big pot of chili for myself after my husband leaves. He
will actually eat my chili and I don't want him to because it would be bad
for his gout. Angela used to like chili but then she just went off of it
and now won't touch the stuff.

Angela's favorite meal right now is chicken and a sweet potato. So I plan
to just buy a lot of that for her, cook it up and have her eat the
leftovers. Then if she wants something else she can have a sandwich.

Then I'll figure something else out for the next week. My goal for the time
being is to eat as cheaply as possible. This is working for me but not
really for the other two. Of course I guess if I wanted to go really cheap
it would be Ramen but I hope it never comes to that. Beans and veg will do
quite well.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:11 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

news
wrote:

Found a really nice boneless leg of lamb at Costco today, decent price.
Made
a nice rosemary/garlic rub, salt, pepper etc. It's cooking now, and smells
wonderful. I will have a large salad with it. Mmmmmmm, I love lamb. DH
doesn't like it, so will be able to use it up in many different ways for
myself and my dog. My dog is salivating too, on high alert. :-)

Cheri

Sounds good. We're have pork roast florentine from Trader Joe's. A
small serving of red potatoes and a salad.

That sound really good too. I haven't been to TJ's in awhile, is the pork
roast frozen and ready to go? I think they have some really good stuff
there.

Cheri

Old 07-09-2012, 01:24 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

Found a really nice boneless leg of lamb at Costco today, decent price.
Made
a nice rosemary/garlic rub, salt, pepper etc. It's cooking now, and smells
wonderful. I will have a large salad with it. Mmmmmmm, I love lamb. DH
doesn't like it, so will be able to use it up in many different ways for
myself and my dog. My dog is salivating too, on high alert. :-)

Cheri

Sounds good. We're have pork roast florentine from Trader Joe's. A
small serving of red potatoes and a salad.

That sound really good too. I haven't been to TJ's in awhile, is the pork
roast frozen and ready to go? I think they have some really good stuff
there.

Cheri

It was from the frozen food case. I really like Trader Joe's. I just
wish my town had one. I end up going to Stockton or Modesto.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:37 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

[...]

Really? I go to the one in Stockton too...on Pacific Avenue.

Cheri

Old 07-09-2012, 01:59 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 6 Sep 2012 17:37:46 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Cheri"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Karen Officer" wrote in message
news On Thu, 6 Sep 2012 15:54:24 -0700, in alt.food.diabetic, "Cheri"
wrote:

[...]

Yup. It's real nice since they expanded the size of the store. We go
about once a month and hit the bike shop and art store that are both
right there too.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:21 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

. ..

wrote:

[...]

I'll have to check it out soon. The only thing I don't like about TJ's
is...there's so much to look through, and so much I want to buy, that I have
to stop myself from buying some of the goodies. :-)

Cheri

Old 07-09-2012, 03:26 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , "Julie Bove"
wrote:

Nothing formally planned for tonight.

make sure you let us know what you have for breakfast
Old 07-09-2012, 03:38 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message

make sure you let us know what you have for breakfast

========

No, please...tell us what you're having.

Cheri

Old 07-09-2012, 04:40 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message

[...]

I can't wait for cooler weather, I love soups and stews and chili. Hubby had
lasagna tonight and I had some canned soup and a salad. Tomorrow will be
store bought rotisserie chicken (I have a Dr.s appointment and will be gone
most of the day.)

Old 07-09-2012, 04:55 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

[...]

I know. I try to limit myself on the goodies. I also try to remember
to bring the insulated bags so things don't thaw on the way back to
Tracy.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:56 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

[...]

I was really mad when we left Alameda. They were putting what appeared to
be a huge one into the mall there. They were still in the "putting in"
phase when we left. I have never lived near one. We have a little one in
Lynnwood and another little one in Everett but I don't buy enough there to
warrant going that distance.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:03 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Jacquie" wrote in message

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message

[...]

I love soup! I only wish the rest of the family did too. Angela does like
this very expensive soup imported from Italy. I did some research, bought
all of the ingredients and was very proud of myself for recreating the soup.
Tastes just like the jarred soup. Well... Guess who wouldn't eat it? Yep.
Said it was yucky.

Once in a great while I can get her to eat some plain tomato soup. I have
not tried to make tomato soup. I know she would not like it. I used to
make tomato and barley soup. I love it but it used to raise my BG too high.
I recently bought some barley to try again. But I'm sure she won't like it.

I like to clean out the fridge and make soup. But I'm the only one who
likes it.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:29 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

make sure you let us know what you have for breakfast

========

No, please...tell us what you're having.

Cheri

If it was sunday I might meet with some other folks and we'd have bagels, lox,
creamcheese, onions and possibly tomatoes with orange juice. We might have some
bialys but not that frequently.