Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Dinner Tonight

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> Found a really nice boneless leg of lamb at Costco today, decent price.
> Made a nice rosemary/garlic rub, salt, pepper etc. It's cooking now, and
> smells wonderful. I will have a large salad with it. Mmmmmmm, I love lamb.
> DH doesn't like it, so will be able to use it up in many different ways
> for myself and my dog. My dog is salivating too, on high alert. :-)
>
> Cheri

Nothing formally planned for tonight. We have to leave for the dance studio
soon. This is Angela's long night. So normally I would just drop her off.
But being that it is the first week of the year and things change, I want to
be there tonight. So I have made a sandwich on honey whole wheat bread from
Costco. Kirkland brand turkey on it with some Smart Balance Light, a thinly
sliced plum tomato and some bits of lettuce that I pulled from Angela's
salad bowl.

She is having some leftover chicken, a sweet potato and a green salad.

I offered to make something for husband but he declined. So he will be on
his own. There is a sandwich in there, plenty of raw fruits and veg,
hummus, yogurt, cheese, a bit of leftover fried rice and 3 little
Chimichangas.

Not sure what we will have tomorrow. We'll be going to Winco. The past few
weeks we have found super good deals on pre-made sandwiches that were going
to expire the following day. So I might just pick up sandwiches for Angela
and husband. Depends on how the dance classes go really. There is some
confusion about one class and if things go the way they say they will (I
still need to talk to the teacher), then Angela will be dropping that class.
If she does, we will go shopping then come home and eat. If she takes the
class, we won't get out of there until 6:30. In that case we will likely go
out to eat before we shop. Otherwise we will just be too hungry and that
won't be good.

I plan to make a big pot of chili for myself after my husband leaves. He
will actually eat my chili and I don't want him to because it would be bad
for his gout. Angela used to like chili but then she just went off of it
and now won't touch the stuff.

Angela's favorite meal right now is chicken and a sweet potato. So I plan
to just buy a lot of that for her, cook it up and have her eat the
leftovers. Then if she wants something else she can have a sandwich.

Then I'll figure something else out for the next week. My goal for the time
being is to eat as cheaply as possible. This is working for me but not
really for the other two. Of course I guess if I wanted to go really cheap
it would be Ramen but I hope it never comes to that. Beans and veg will do
quite well.