Old 30-08-2012, 05:37 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Chia Seed Pudding

I made my own version of this today just to see what the chia seeds were
like, it was actually pretty good. I didn't use the cashews or the agave
nectar. I used 1 1/2 cups of water which had a TBS of cream mixed in with
it, 4 packets of Nutri-Sweet, regular cinnamon, the extracts, and kosher
salt. Mixed it with the chia seeds and put in fridge for about 7 hours. Had
it tonight and it is pretty much like tapioca in consistency and taste. Not
bad.

Original Recipe

Serves: 2
Active time: 15 minutes
Inactive time: 8-9 hours

Instructions:
cup raw, unsalted cashews (soaked for one hour, then drained)
1 cups water
2 tablespoons agave nectar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
3 tablespoons chia seeds

Preparation:
1. Place cashews, water, agave nectar, vanilla extract, cinnamon extract
almond
extract and pink himalayan salt in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
(If
using a high powered blender like Vitamix, there is no need to soak the
cashews.)
2. Place chia seeds in a small bowl, pour cashew mixture over seeds and
whisk
until well incorporated.
3. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
4. Whisk before serving.

Old 30-08-2012, 06:16 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message
[...]

I don't like pudding but I do like gelled chia seeds.

Chia Pita Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 3 05-07-2013 03:11 AM
lifemax mila chia markjohn General 0 18-05-2013 12:52 PM
Chia Obama modom (palindrome guy)[_3_] General Cooking 7 28-01-2009 12:58 PM
Chia Pet Barking Dog[_2_] Diabetic 1 23-10-2008 04:28 AM
Chia Seeds in Bread? Raj V Baking 8 08-12-2004 08:35 PM