Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default OT...My Gallbladder surgery

It is scheduled for the 15th of June. They're hoping to do it laparoscopic...one of the problems is all of the old scar tissue from my adrenal gland surgery...the scar wraps around three quarters of my stomach...so they may have to cut....they also will have to put an endoscope down to my stomach through the top of my small intestines to the gall bladder...the ultra sound didn't show anything but my blood tests showed that a stone may have released and they have to use the endoscope to take an x-ray to see if a stone is stuck some where ...if it is they have to remove the stone before they remove the gallbladder. Then I got a call that I have to go to cardiology to get a heart release for non heart surgery...remember I have that leaky valve. This little surgery seems to becoming a problem....I'm becoming a little apprehensive. Until then I am watching my fat intake...especially beef and pork fat...seems those cause my gall bladder to swell almost immediately after I eat it. I'm eating allot of those single soups, and canned tuna.. tonight I had a romaine and iceberg lettuce salad with tomatoes, corn, black beans, and chicken, with low fat ranch, and a half of an avocado. So far no swelling. I try to keep my total fat intake below 4 grams per meal...no beef or pork....only chicken breasts and fish. I have lost 12 lbs.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Jacquie" > wrote in message news It is scheduled for the 15th of June. They're hoping to do it laparoscopic...one of the problems is all of the old scar tissue from my adrenal gland surgery...the scar wraps around three quarters of my stomach...so they may have to cut....they also will have to put an endoscope down to my stomach through the top of my small intestines to the gall bladder...the ultra sound didn't show anything but my blood tests showed that a stone may have released and they have to use the endoscope to take an x-ray to see if a stone is stuck some where ...if it is they have to remove the stone before they remove the gallbladder. Then I got a call that I have to go to cardiology to get a heart release for non heart surgery...remember I have that leaky valve. This little surgery seems to becoming a problem....I'm becoming a little apprehensive. Until then I am watching my fat intake...especially beef and pork fat...seems those cause my gall bladder to swell almost immediately after I eat it. I'm eating allot of those single soups, and canned tuna.. tonight I had a romaine and iceberg lettuce salad with tomatoes, corn, black beans, and chicken, with low fat ranch, and a half of an avocado. So far no swelling. I try to keep my total fat intake below 4 grams per meal...no beef or pork....only chicken breasts and fish. I have lost 12 lbs.

I hope everything goes well for you Jacquie.

Cheri
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mon, 28 May 2012 23:34:22 -0400, Jacquie wrote
(in article > ):

> It is scheduled for the 15th of June. They're hoping to do it
> laparoscopic...one of the problems is all of the old scar tissue from my
> adrenal gland surgery...the scar wraps around three quarters of my
> stomach...so they may have to cut....they also will have to put an endoscope
> down to my stomach through the top of my small intestines to the gall
> bladder...the ultra sound didn't show anything but my blood tests showed that

> a stone may have released and they have to use the endoscope to take an x-ray

> to see if a stone is stuck some where ...if it is they have to remove the
> stone before they remove the gallbladder. Then I got a call that I have to go

> to cardiology to get a heart release for non heart surgery...remember I have
> that leaky valve. This little surgery seems to becoming a problem....I'm
> becoming a little apprehensive. Until then I am watching my fat
> intake...especially beef and pork fat...seems those cause my gall bladder to
> swell almost immediately after I eat it. I'm eating allot of those single
> soups, and canned tuna.. tonight I had a romaine and iceberg lettuce salad
> with tomatoes, corn, black beans, and chicken, with low fat ranch, and a half

> of an avocado. So far no swelling. I try to keep my total fat intake below 4
> grams per meal...no beef or pork....only chicken breasts and fish. I have
> lost 12 lbs.

I hope that you can have the laparoscopic procedure. I had it done last
summer and it was the easiest thing I've ever had. They did it in the
morning, was home in the afternoon and felt fine by the evening. I have no
problems with eating anything now.

TaniO

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message ...
[...]

Thanks Cheri
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"TaniO" > wrote in message
thlink.net...
> On Mon, 28 May 2012 23:34:22 -0400, Jacquie wrote
> (in article > ):
>
>> It is scheduled for the 15th of June. They're hoping to do it
>> laparoscopic...one of the problems is all of the old scar tissue from my
>> adrenal gland surgery...the scar wraps around three quarters of my
>> stomach...so they may have to cut....they also will have to put an
>> endoscope
>> down to my stomach through the top of my small intestines to the gall
>> bladder...the ultra sound didn't show anything but my blood tests showed
>> that

>> a stone may have released and they have to use the endoscope to take an
>> x-ray

>> to see if a stone is stuck some where ...if it is they have to remove the
>> stone before they remove the gallbladder. Then I got a call that I have
>> to go

>> to cardiology to get a heart release for non heart surgery...remember I
>> have
>> that leaky valve. This little surgery seems to becoming a problem....I'm
>> becoming a little apprehensive. Until then I am watching my fat
>> intake...especially beef and pork fat...seems those cause my gall bladder
>> swell almost immediately after I eat it. I'm eating allot of those single
>> soups, and canned tuna.. tonight I had a romaine and iceberg lettuce
>> salad
>> with tomatoes, corn, black beans, and chicken, with low fat ranch, and a
>> half

>> of an avocado. So far no swelling. I try to keep my total fat intake
>> below 4
>> grams per meal...no beef or pork....only chicken breasts and fish. I have
>> lost 12 lbs.
>>

> I hope that you can have the laparoscopic procedure. I had it done last
> summer and it was the easiest thing I've ever had. They did it in the
> morning, was home in the afternoon and felt fine by the evening. I have no
> problems with eating anything now.
>
> TaniO

I hope so to Tani. The adrenal surgery was the most painful surgery I have
ever had and I would rather not be cut again

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Jacquie" > wrote:

> It is scheduled for the 15th of June. They're hoping to do it =
> laparoscopic...one of the problems is all of the old scar tissue from my
> = adrenal gland surgery...the scar wraps around three quarters of my =
> stomach...so they may have to cut....they also will have to put an =
> endoscope down to my stomach through the top of my small intestines to =
> the gall bladder...the ultra sound didn't show anything but my blood =
> tests showed that a stone may have released and they have to use the =
> endoscope to take an x-ray to see if a stone is stuck some where ...if =
> it is they have to remove the stone before they remove the gallbladder. =
> Then I got a call that I have to go to cardiology to get a heart release
> = for non heart surgery...remember I have that leaky valve. This little =
> surgery seems to becoming a problem....I'm becoming a little =
> apprehensive. Until then I am watching my fat intake...especially beef =
> and pork fat...seems those cause my gall bladder to swell almost =
> immediately after I eat it. I'm eating allot of those single soups, and =
> canned tuna.. tonight I had a romaine and iceberg lettuce salad with =
> tomatoes, corn, black beans, and chicken, with low fat ranch, and a half
> = of an avocado. So far no swelling. I try to keep my total fat intake =
> below 4 grams per meal...no beef or pork....only chicken breasts and =
> fish. I have lost 12 lbs.

Good luck, Jacquie!

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Jacquie" > wrote:
>
>> It is scheduled for the 15th of June. They're hoping to do it =
>> laparoscopic...one of the problems is all of the old scar tissue from my
>> = adrenal gland surgery...the scar wraps around three quarters of my =
>> stomach...so they may have to cut....they also will have to put an =
>> endoscope down to my stomach through the top of my small intestines to =
>> the gall bladder...the ultra sound didn't show anything but my blood =
>> tests showed that a stone may have released and they have to use the =
>> endoscope to take an x-ray to see if a stone is stuck some where ...if =
>> it is they have to remove the stone before they remove the gallbladder. =
>> Then I got a call that I have to go to cardiology to get a heart release
>> = for non heart surgery...remember I have that leaky valve. This little =
>> surgery seems to becoming a problem....I'm becoming a little =
>> apprehensive. Until then I am watching my fat intake...especially beef =
>> and pork fat...seems those cause my gall bladder to swell almost =
>> immediately after I eat it. I'm eating allot of those single soups, and =
>> canned tuna.. tonight I had a romaine and iceberg lettuce salad with =
>> tomatoes, corn, black beans, and chicken, with low fat ranch, and a half
>> = of an avocado. So far no swelling. I try to keep my total fat intake =
>> below 4 grams per meal...no beef or pork....only chicken breasts and =
>> fish. I have lost 12 lbs.

> Good luck, Jacquie!
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
> http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
> http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~

Hi Nick, How are you ? Thanks for the Good Luck

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Jacquie" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> > "Jacquie" > wrote:
> >
> >> It is scheduled for the 15th of June. They're hoping to do it =
> >> [ . . . . ]

> > Good luck, Jacquie!

> Hi Nick, How are you ? Thanks for the Good Luck

I'm doin' good enough, Jacquie, thanks. Tryin' to keep off dialysis. ;-)

I remember when my grandmother had her gall bladder removed, back in '47.
Pretty big scar! She had to be real careful what she ate after that.

I really hope it all goes well for ya.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~

More Pre-surgery cooking Christine Dabney General Cooking 1 01-10-2006 12:26 AM
A friend going in for surgery spiritpraise Diabetic 3 01-02-2006 11:32 AM
gallbladder friendly diet? MurphAssoc General Cooking 17 07-07-2004 09:24 PM
Surgery jmcquown General Cooking 28 21-06-2004 11:32 PM
What to eat after oral surgery? Wayne Boatwright General Cooking 58 11-11-2003 05:26 AM