Old 01-07-2004, 06:22 PM
MurphAssoc

Default gallbladder friendly diet?

I have a friend coming to visit who has chronic problems with this and will
most likely wind up having surgery. In the meantime, does anyone have
suggestions of what to serve this person? I know that fried foods is not good,
but that is all I can come up with.
TIA
Judith

Old 01-07-2004, 06:28 PM

MurphAssoc wrote:
I have a friend coming to visit who has chronic problems with this and will
most likely wind up having surgery. In the meantime, does anyone have
suggestions of what to serve this person? I know that fried foods is not good,
but that is all I can come up with.

You would be better off if you asked your guest what
his dietary preferences and restrictions are.

Old 01-07-2004, 06:31 PM
Vox Humana

"MurphAssoc" wrote in message
I have a friend coming to visit who has chronic problems with this and

will
most likely wind up having surgery. In the meantime, does anyone have
suggestions of what to serve this person? I know that fried foods is not

good,
but that is all I can come up with.
TIA

I think it is always best to consult with the guest about these things. Why
don't you just call them and ask what they can and can not eat?

Old 01-07-2004, 07:49 PM
Mama2EandJ

In the meantime, does anyone have
suggestions of what to serve this person? I know that fried foods is not

good,
but that is all I can come up with.
TIA

Ask the guest in question. I had my gall bladder out and we never could figure
out what foods (if any) precipitated an attack. At the end I was living on
Welch's grape juice popsicles and pretzels.

Old 01-07-2004, 07:54 PM
Vox Humana

"Mama2EandJ" wrote in message
In the meantime, does anyone have
suggestions of what to serve this person? I know that fried foods is

not
good,
but that is all I can come up with.
TIA

Ask the guest in question. I had my gall bladder out and we never could

figure
out what foods (if any) precipitated an attack. At the end I was living on
Welch's grape juice popsicles and pretzels.

You have to watch those pretzels. They can make you pass out. Buy the way,
I would be thrilled to have a houseguest who could only eat pretzels and
Popsicles.

Old 01-07-2004, 09:24 PM
Mama2EandJ

out what foods (if any) precipitated an attack. At the end I was living on
Welch's grape juice popsicles and pretzels.

You have to watch those pretzels. They can make you pass out. Buy the way,
I would be thrilled to have a houseguest who could only eat pretzels and
Popsicles.

Thanks for the laugh! I chewed my pretzels so remained conscious. Oddly enough
I still like them and those popsicles.

Old 01-07-2004, 09:35 PM
Dimitri

"MurphAssoc" wrote in message
I have a friend coming to visit who has chronic problems with this and

will
most likely wind up having surgery. In the meantime, does anyone have
suggestions of what to serve this person? I know that fried foods is not

good,
but that is all I can come up with.
TIA
Judith

Very low fat:

Dimitri

http://www.chiff.com/health/disease/gallbladder.htm

Many people have gallstones and don't even know it. Little stones made of
bile salts or cholesterol form in the gallbladder. Until they begin to block
ducts or irritate the gallbladder they cause no problems. If your gall
stones are acting up, these sites should help with symptoms and treatment
information, low-fat diets, and recipes...

Old 01-07-2004, 09:38 PM
Vox Humana

"Mama2EandJ" wrote in message
out what foods (if any) precipitated an attack. At the end I was living

on
Welch's grape juice popsicles and pretzels.

You have to watch those pretzels. They can make you pass out. Buy the

way,
I would be thrilled to have a houseguest who could only eat pretzels and
Popsicles.

Thanks for the laugh! I chewed my pretzels so remained conscious. Oddly

enough
I still like them and those popsicles.

Our guest room is available for the rest of the summer. The MIL has
competed her yearly visit.

Old 02-07-2004, 12:03 AM
Puester

Mama2EandJ wrote:

In the meantime, does anyone have
suggestions of what to serve this person? I know that fried foods is not

good,
but that is all I can come up with.
TIA

Ask the guest in question. I had my gall bladder out and we never could figure
out what foods (if any) precipitated an attack. At the end I was living on
Welch's grape juice popsicles and pretzels.

I had a neighbor who spent the six weeks before
her surgery eating Rice Krispies with water for
every meal, or so she said. That was what
convinced her she should have it removed.

gloria p

Old 02-07-2004, 04:43 AM
Mama2EandJ

Thanks for the laugh! I chewed my pretzels so remained conscious. Oddly
enough
I still like them and those popsicles.

Our guest room is available for the rest of the summer. The MIL has
competed her yearly visit.

OK...I will keep that in mind! LOL!!

Old 03-07-2004, 12:52 AM
MurphAssoc

thanks to all......did ask her and got some good ideas from you all as well.
so far so good,
JM
Old 03-07-2004, 04:48 AM
sd

In article t,
Donna Rose wrote:

t's not only fried foods, but fat in any form as I understand it. I had
two mouthfuls of ice cream which sent me to the hospital once when I
still had my gallbladder - I wasn't aware of the fact that I had any
problems with it - I had been asymptomatic up until then.

Ditto. Greasy meals (sausages/frankfurters, cheese-covered anything)
did quite a number on my gall bladder. I spent two weeks eating dry
chicken breasts, low-fat cereal with skim milk, vegetables (no butter)
and bread. Could have been worse, I suppose.

Happily, when
I left the hospital two days later, it was without my gallbladder and
I've never had a problem since.

You got two days? Wow! They were practically pushing me out the door
before the anesthesia had worn off (why they tell you that you can't
drive yourself home). :-p

sd