Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Are there foods you've never eaten?

I remember when I was first diagnosed, I had a silly thought. I thought...
They're going to come out with all of these new candy bars and I'll never
know what they taste like! And it really was a silly thought because there
was all sorts of candy out there at the time that I had never tasted. Nor
had I wanted to.

There is a high school girl at Angela's dance studio who has never eaten a
hamburger. I thought this sounded strange. Because they are such a common
food. And then I realized that I have never eaten a Big Mac. They just
never looked appealing. And I have never eaten blue cheese. It doesn't
look appealing either.

Of course there are all sorts of foreign foods I have never eaten. Perhaps
because I have never encountered them. But there are countless foods I am
surrounded by now that I have never eaten and have never thought to eat.
Many kinds of cake, ice cream, cookies, seafood, some fruits and veggies.
And lamb. I don't think I've ever had that. I don't think I've had an Egg
McMuffin either. Or one of their fish sandwiches. Or their chicken nuggets
or strips or whatever they're called. And now they have new chicken bites.

So are there any foods that are common to your area that you've never eaten?