Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Help with Dessert

On 11/29/2011 6:56 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 11/28/2011 10:13 PM, Tiger Lily wrote:
>> On 11/28/2011 7:08 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
>> much snipped
>>> I just got off the phone with my friend (the one y'all want me to shoot)
>>> and she agrees that paper plates will do. She's a true "princess" so if
>>> she approves, it's a go. :-)

>> Costco had a HUGE display of the large Chinette plates in the ? 150 or
>> 200 pack
>>
>> grin

> Already have them fro Sam's. No Costco down here.
>
>> get the plastic knives and forks too, have a fire after dinner

> I'm going to drive down to Brownsville next week. The Marshall's there
> has a selection of Chanukah stuff the Marshall's in Harlingen doesn't
> carry. I might be able to find special holiday paper plates.

ohhhhhhh nice!

good luck!

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 11/29/2011 11:17 AM, Cheri wrote:
> "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
>
>> these are the Kirkland brand
>>
>> they don't split the knives/forks/spoons evenly, you get more forks,
>> 1/3 less knives and a dollop of spoons, so they won't work well as a
>> single box for a large party, but over the space of the summer
>> vacation & various family events, we get a good spread from them
>>
>> BUT, giggle, we wash them as they are too good to single use. i
>> refused to use plastic cutlery until we found these (and the knife is
>> good enough to cut a steak, not cheesy at all)
>>
>> kate

> OK, thanks...I think I'm going to Costco in a few minutes, but it's
> really foggy right now.
>
> Cheri

drive safely!

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I hate plastic cutlery, so I've bought odd lots of old silverplate knives
and forks at sales and "junque" shops. When we've had a big group--say 50
people--I just use them plus my regular silver. Generally, people don't need
spoons at buffets.

I have to admit that I have enough nice china dinner plates for about 70
people. (I come from a family of china fanatics. )I just put out a few
patterns and let them pick.

I used to have an annual party for about 50. I rented some round tables and
chairs and cloths to cover them, and set them up here and there around the
first floor to augment the drop leaf tables I already have. I always use my
own linen or cotton napkins because I really dislike those polyester ones
you can rent. (I also have a lot of napkins...) I also rented glasses,
because I really do not like to use plastic ones and that is one thing I do
not have enough of.

It can actually be surprisingly cheap to rent some of that stuff, especially
glasses, and especially if you pick it up yourself and avoid the delivery
fee. And you don't have to wash them!

T day dessert Dimitri General Cooking 11 03-12-2011 05:46 AM
Dessert...? Bob (this one) General Cooking 2 27-10-2005 05:10 PM