Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default T day dessert

We had a "King Arthur" apple crisp recipe topped with a home made Cinnamon
Ice cream;

Recipe he

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/cinnamon_ice_cream/

added the scrapings from 1/2 vanilla bean (TJ'S Madagascar, bourbon)

There's a bit on the ice cream left over, think I'm going to bake some
apples to use it up.

Ended up being a very nice combination.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dimitri" > wrote in
:

> We had a "King Arthur" apple crisp recipe topped with a home
> made Cinnamon Ice cream;

You ate the recipe with ice cream? I knew USAians were nuts, but
this is really crazy...was it written on rice paper at least?

--

If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn’t
help the poor, either we’ve got to pretend that Jesus

Stephen Colbert (via videcormeum)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 26, 9:54*am, Michel Boucher > wrote:
> "Dimitri" > wrote :
>
> > We had a "King Arthur" apple crisp recipe topped with a home
> > made Cinnamon Ice cream;

> You ate the recipe with ice cream? *I knew USAians were nuts, but
> this is really crazy...was it written on rice paper at least?

I don't believe they even *had* ice cream back in King Arthur's
time.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan > wrote in

..com:

>> You ate the recipe with ice cream? ÿI knew USAians were nuts,
>> but this is really crazy...was it written on rice paper at
>> least?

> I don't believe they even *had* ice cream back in King
> Arthur's time.

They did in Persia. Sharbat.

--

If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn’t
help the poor, either we’ve got to pretend that Jesus
was just as selfish as we are, or we’ve got to acknowledge
that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy
without condition, and then admit that we just don’t
want to do it.

Stephen Colbert (via videcormeum)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recip...e-crisp-recipe

> Recipe he
>
> http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/cinnamon_ice_cream/
>
> added the scrapings from 1/2 vanilla bean (TJ'S Madagascar, bourbon)
>

> There's a bit on the ice cream left over, think I'm going to bake some
> apples to use it up.
>
> Ended up being a very nice combination.
>
> Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michel Boucher" > wrote in message
> "Dimitri" > wrote in
> :
>
>> We had a "King Arthur" apple crisp recipe topped with a home
>> made Cinnamon Ice cream;

> You ate the recipe with ice cream? I knew USAians were nuts, but
> this is really crazy...was it written on rice paper at least?

:-)

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recip...e-crisp-recipe

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 07:35:59 -0800, "Dimitri" >
> wrote:
>
>> We had a "King Arthur" apple crisp recipe topped with a home made
>> Cinnamon
>> Ice cream;
>>
>> Recipe he
>>
>> http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/cinnamon_ice_cream/
>>
>> added the scrapings from 1/2 vanilla bean (TJ'S Madagascar, bourbon)
>>

>> There's a bit on the ice cream left over, think I'm going to bake some
>> apples to use it up.
>>
>> Ended up being a very nice combination.
>>

> Wow, that sounds delightful! I'll throw that idea out for Christmas
> and see if anyone is interested in making it. What did you think of
> the cinnamon - enough, too much? I'd want it to be fairly light.

IIRC the 2 teaspoons lightly warmed (Costco Saigon Cinnamon) mixed with the
sugar and vanilla as just the perfect mix of flavors.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:

> We had a "King Arthur" apple crisp recipe topped with a home made Cinnamon
> Ice cream;
>
> Recipe he
>
> http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/cinnamon_ice_cream/
>
> added the scrapings from 1/2 vanilla bean (TJ'S Madagascar, bourbon)
>

> There's a bit on the ice cream left over, think I'm going to bake some
> apples to use it up.
>
> Ended up being a very nice combination.

We had a sweet-potato flan using this recipe:

http://www.marthastewart.com/316325/sweet-potato-flan

There turned out to be far too much caramel and custard for the 9-by-2-inch
round cake pan stated. The excess caramel was stuck in the pan, which made
the flan impossible to unmold, so we had to scrape it out after cooking. But
it was delicious anyway. (The excess custard was turned into a kind of
sweet-potato eggnog.)

Later in the evening we enjoyed Mexican Chocolate Chile ice cream made using
this recipe:

http://www.rickbayless.com/recipe/view?recipeID=86

That was wonderful too. (I added a splash of Grand Marnier to mine.)

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:

> We had a "King Arthur" apple crisp recipe topped with a home made Cinnamon
> Ice cream;
>
> Recipe he
>
> http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/cinnamon_ice_cream/
>
> added the scrapings from 1/2 vanilla bean (TJ'S Madagascar, bourbon)
>

> There's a bit on the ice cream left over, think I'm going to bake some
> apples to use it up.
>
> Ended up being a very nice combination.

We had a sweet-potato flan using this recipe:

http://www.marthastewart.com/316325/sweet-potato-flan

There turned out to be far too much caramel and custard for the 9-by-2-inch
round cake pan stated. But it was delicious anyway.

Later in the evening we enjoyed Mexican Chocolate Chile ice cream made using
this recipe:

http://www.rickbayless.com/recipe/view?recipeID=86

That was wonderful too. (I added a splash of Grand Marnier to mine.)

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 22:53:35 -0800, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

> Later in the evening we enjoyed Mexican Chocolate Chile ice cream made using
> this recipe:
>
> http://www.rickbayless.com/recipe/view?recipeID=86
>
> That was wonderful too. (I added a splash of Grand Marnier to mine.)

Did you track down 70% Venezuelan or just go with Trader Joe's?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

>> Later in the evening we enjoyed Mexican Chocolate Chile ice cream made
>> using
>> this recipe:
>>
>> http://www.rickbayless.com/recipe/view?recipeID=86
>>
>> That was wonderful too. (I added a splash of Grand Marnier to mine.)

> Did you track down 70% Venezuelan or just go with Trader Joe's?

Lin picked up 70% cacao bars, but I don't think they were Venezuelan. They
were one of the free-trade chocolate companies, but I don't remember the
brand.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 2 Dec 2011 20:24:42 -0800, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

> sf wrote:
>
> >> Later in the evening we enjoyed Mexican Chocolate Chile ice cream made
> >> using
> >> this recipe:
> >>
> >> http://www.rickbayless.com/recipe/view?recipeID=86
> >>
> >> That was wonderful too. (I added a splash of Grand Marnier to mine.)

> > Did you track down 70% Venezuelan or just go with Trader Joe's?

> Lin picked up 70% cacao bars, but I don't think they were Venezuelan. They
> were one of the free-trade chocolate companies, but I don't remember the
> brand.

I just wondered if you found "Venezuelan". I knew it was possible to
match or beat 70% cacao, thanks.

Help with Dessert W. Baker Diabetic 42 04-12-2011 09:22 PM
Dessert...? Bob (this one) General Cooking 2 27-10-2005 05:10 PM