Old 31-08-2011, 12:43 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Kisses filled with air

training of the pallet, imho, when food either variety or type is restricted
for any reason, the person restricted begins to pay attention to what is
going past the tastebuds, there was a study i read about that says if you
want a child to eat something, it must be offerred and tasted/eaten every
week for at least ten weeks, we never had this problem because we mostly
liked everything mom served, i went a lot on smells, my sister is a lot
about texture and because my extended family is large and marriages brought
different ethnic foods there is still always something new to try at family
gatherings, lee
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Jacquie" wrote in message
m...

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

The air whipped comes in bars too, not just kisses. I tried one of
the chunks in the bar and I thought it was good.

I tried the bar when it came out. I didn't really like that.
Apparently they are like the Nestle Aero available in Canada. I don't
like Nestle chocolate though.

I could have eaten the whole bar, but didn't. I love Nestle chocolate
and Hershey chocolate and just about all chocolate.

I don't really like most candy. I guess I am just picky.

I must be the only person in the world that doesn't like dark
chocolate...I like the creaminess and smoothness of milk chocolate I
Googled this candy and added trans fat to the word and the first page I
came to said no transfat.

Actually most people I know IRL do not like dark chocolate. And my
parents seem to prefer the really cheap and IMO pseudo chocolate, like
Palmers. We used to get that stuff in our Easter Baskets and Christmas
Stockings. They honestly can not tell the difference between that and an
expensive chocolate. That just baffles me.

Old 31-08-2011, 12:47 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

i love all berries, but oddly blueberries in a pie or cobbler is sickenly
sweet to me, its my brother's favorite, so my sister makes it with splenda
and it has gotten better tasting as she has reduced the splenda, i think it
reminds me too much of jam in a crust, Lee
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
haven't knowingly eaten tht, i used to love white chocolate/blueberry
bark, but last time i ate it wasn't what i remembered, and that has been
ten years at least, Lee

That wouldn't appeal to me. I like most berries but can't stand
blueberries at all.

Old 31-08-2011, 12:50 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

bark is or used to be how you bought chocolate here in fancier stores to
reuse in other recipes. white chocolate iir seems is most common as plain,
almond, blueberry and i think rasberry, i used to just by it as it was the
only white chocolate that didn't seem to sweet to eat for dessert... i love
dark chocolate, the dh stops at 75 also, so i get everything over that, lol,
Lee
"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
haven't knowingly eaten tht, i used to love white chocolate/blueberry
bark, but last time i ate it wasn't what i remembered, and that has been
ten years at least, Lee

I don't know what blueberry bark is but I have never been a white
chocolate lover. I am a bit of a chocolate snob to. I have my favourite
brands. I hate cheap brand easter eggs, they have an unusual sweet taste -
very sickly, not like the sweetness of the brands I like. 75% is where I
stop with dark chocolate too. Higher than that and the bitterness is awful
for me.

Old 31-08-2011, 01:58 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl wrote:
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Ozgirl" wrote in message

I like dark chocolate but no more that 75%, that's my limit. Do you
get Cherry Ripe there? I love Cherry Ripe

Is that the brand? If so I've never heard of it.

Cadbury is the brand.

I've never heard of it, but I do know the song that the name refers to.

Personally, if just eating a bar, I prefer a GOOD milk chocolate. (Not
Hershey!) But bars are not my favorite way to eat chocolate. I prefer
ganache and truffles. I like ganaches for cakes to be made with good dark
couverture, and truffles with a combination of milk and dark.

The truffles I sell are usually a combination of two chocolates selected
from a palette of three, all single bean origin El Rey from Venezuela: Gran
Saman (70%, dark and earthy), Mijao (61%, dark and smooth), Caoba (41%, a
milk chocolate with caramel notes that contains a lot more cocoa mass than
most milk chocolates). I combine them differently depending on the flavor
I'm aiming at. Most of them are dipped in Mijao, although a few milk
chocolate ones are dipped in Caoba (Peppermint Mochaccino, Latte Amaretto,
and Mint Julep).

In my experience, people talk a lot of BS about how they "only like dark
chocolate." Usually while they are scarfing down my truffles made with half
Caoba, dipped in Mijao. Normally I don't tell them what they are raving
about. I recall one stupid young woman who was reaching for a second sample
who actually drew her hand back when I told her that contained some milk
chocolate. On that occasion I couldn't resist telling her that she wouldn't
ever have known if I hadn't told her. The milk chocolate is there to give
the ganache extra creaminess and a little sweetness. It doesn't dominate the
flavor.

Old 31-08-2011, 02:04 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:
"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Ozgirl" wrote in message

I like dark chocolate but no more that 75%, that's my limit. Do
you get Cherry Ripe there? I love Cherry Ripe

Is that the brand? If so I've never heard of it.

Cadbury is the brand.

Ohhhhhh. Cadbury used to be widely available here. Now we can only
get it at places that sell imported foods. I believe it is a
Canadian brand. I will look for it.

Cadbury is an English brand. It is their equivalent of Hershey or Nestle,
and not particularly good IMNSHO, although it is better than Hershey. It is
sold in supermarkets here.

I admit a fondness for Mint Aeros, dating back to my schooldays in England.
Since then, they've come out with an orange flavor that is even better. But
the orange is not available here.

Old 31-08-2011, 02:07 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:
"Storrmmee" wrote in message
none of the flavors are good unless you really sugarysweet, except i
do like the one that is white and dark chocolate for a once a year
treat, Lee

I do not like white chocolate. I have used it. I used to make
chocolates and I used it to make marbled chocolates or when I did the
hand painted ones, either as is or tinted. I don't mind a small
amount like that. But in general it is too sweet for me. I did use
the real stuff, even though I know it is not technically not
chocolate. No way would I ever use those Wilton melts. How can
people eat that stuff?

The Wilon melts are truly disgusting. Merckens are much better, but still
disgusting. Most people who claim to be making chocolate candies are using
melts of one kind or another. I make some stuff using Merckens for one
particular retailer, but I wouldn't put my name on any of it.

Old 31-08-2011, 02:08 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Storrmmee wrote:
i love all berries, but oddly blueberries in a pie or cobbler is
sickenly sweet to me, its my brother's favorite, so my sister makes
it with splenda and it has gotten better tasting as she has reduced
the splenda, i think it reminds me too much of jam in a crust, Lee

Blueberry pie should be tart. It is only sickening sweet if you put too much
sugar in it.

Old 31-08-2011, 04:47 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl wrote:

: "Jacquie" wrote in message
: m...
:
: "Julie Bove" wrote in message
: ...
:
: "Cheri" wrote in message
: ...
: "Julie Bove" wrote in message
: ...
:
: "Cheri" wrote in message
: ...
: "Julie Bove" wrote in message
: ...
:
:
[...]

I love the 85% but fount the 90%, whihc is not always available, too
bitter. Is there any one else here who once snitched a square of their
mother's baking chocolate and had a great shock? I remember doing that
with my best friend . Neveer again!!!! That was when I learned about
baking chocolate:-)

Wendyr

Old 31-08-2011, 04:53 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Janet wrote:
: Julie Bove wrote:
: "Ozgirl" wrote in message
: ...
:
:
: "Julie Bove" wrote in message
: ...
:
: "Ozgirl" wrote in message
:
: I like dark chocolate but no more that 75%, that's my limit. Do
: you get Cherry Ripe there? I love Cherry Ripe
:
: Is that the brand? If so I've never heard of it.
:
: Cadbury is the brand.
:
: Ohhhhhh. Cadbury used to be widely available here. Now we can only
: get it at places that sell imported foods. I believe it is a
: Canadian brand. I will look for it.

: Cadbury is an English brand. It is their equivalent of Hershey or Nestle,
: and not particularly good IMNSHO, although it is better than Hershey. It is
: sold in supermarkets here.

: I admit a fondness for Mint Aeros, dating back to my schooldays in England.
: Since then, they've come out with an orange flavor that is even better. But
: the orange is not available here.

I used to like the Cabury's Quality Street assortment . when I wa a
teenaer I thought it the height of sophiticated candy-imported from
England and that nice tin. How tastes and times change:-)

There was a wonderful very hard butterscotch candy whose name is missing.
something like Cadwallenders,. It came in rectanglar blocks, marked in
squares, wrapped in silver paper in boxes with, IIRC two blocks about
4"x2 2/1" Boy was that good!

Oh all these sinful childhood memories:-)

Wendy

Old 31-08-2011, 06:47 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 8/31/2011 5:47 AM, Storrmmee wrote:
i love all berries, but oddly blueberries in a pie or cobbler is sickenly
sweet to me, its my brother's favorite, so my sister makes it with splenda
and it has gotten better tasting as she has reduced the splenda, i think it
reminds me too much of jam in a crust, Lee

oh my, you sure nailed the 'sweet' factor problem on the head

i love fresh blueberries, in cream or on ice cream or yoghurt or simply
by themselves, they are marvellous

i find most items with sugar added to them to be such a loss as you lose
out on the natural sweetness in our fruits and vegetables

would anyone else call a carrot sweet?

kate
Old 31-08-2011, 06:50 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 8/31/2011 9:47 AM, W. Baker wrote:
I love the 85% but fount the 90%, which is not always available, too
bitter. Is there any one else here who once snitched a square of their
mother's baking chocolate and had a great shock? I remember doing that
with my best friend . Never again!!!! That was when I learned about
baking chocolate:-)

Wendy

ROFLMAO

oh ya, i certainly did

gack! gack! gack!

that was just SO awful

kate
Old 31-08-2011, 07:46 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

W. Baker wrote:
Janet wrote:
Julie Bove wrote:
"Ozgirl" wrote in message

[...]