Old 31-08-2011, 06:40 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Kisses filled with air

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

The air whipped comes in bars too, not just kisses. I tried one of the
chunks in the bar and I thought it was good.

I tried the bar when it came out. I didn't really like that. Apparently
they are like the Nestle Aero available in Canada. I don't like Nestle
chocolate though.

Old 31-08-2011, 06:40 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

The air whipped comes in bars too, not just kisses. I tried one of the
chunks in the bar and I thought it was good.

I tried the bar when it came out. I didn't really like that. Apparently
they are like the Nestle Aero available in Canada. I don't like Nestle
chocolate though.

I could have eaten the whole bar, but didn't. I love Nestle chocolate and
Hershey chocolate and just about all chocolate.

Old 31-08-2011, 06:52 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
haven't knowingly eaten tht, i used to love white chocolate/blueberry
bark, but last time i ate it wasn't what i remembered, and that has been
ten years at least, Lee

That wouldn't appeal to me. I like most berries but can't stand blueberries
at all.

Old 31-08-2011, 06:52 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

The air whipped comes in bars too, not just kisses. I tried one of the
chunks in the bar and I thought it was good.

I tried the bar when it came out. I didn't really like that. Apparently
they are like the Nestle Aero available in Canada. I don't like Nestle
chocolate though.

I could have eaten the whole bar, but didn't. I love Nestle chocolate and
Hershey chocolate and just about all chocolate.

I don't really like most candy. I guess I am just picky.

Old 31-08-2011, 07:44 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

The air whipped comes in bars too, not just kisses. I tried one of the
chunks in the bar and I thought it was good.

I tried the bar when it came out. I didn't really like that.
Apparently they are like the Nestle Aero available in Canada. I don't
like Nestle chocolate though.

I could have eaten the whole bar, but didn't. I love Nestle chocolate and
Hershey chocolate and just about all chocolate.

I don't really like most candy. I guess I am just picky.

I must be the only person in the world that doesn't like dark chocolate...I
like the creaminess and smoothness of milk chocolate I Googled this candy
and added trans fat to the word and the first page I came to said no
transfat.

Old 31-08-2011, 08:18 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Jacquie" wrote in message
m...

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

The air whipped comes in bars too, not just kisses. I tried one of the
chunks in the bar and I thought it was good.

I tried the bar when it came out. I didn't really like that.
Apparently they are like the Nestle Aero available in Canada. I don't
like Nestle chocolate though.

I could have eaten the whole bar, but didn't. I love Nestle chocolate
and Hershey chocolate and just about all chocolate.

I don't really like most candy. I guess I am just picky.

I must be the only person in the world that doesn't like dark
chocolate...I like the creaminess and smoothness of milk chocolate I
Googled this candy and added trans fat to the word and the first page I
came to said no transfat.

Actually most people I know IRL do not like dark chocolate. And my parents
seem to prefer the really cheap and IMO pseudo chocolate, like Palmers. We
used to get that stuff in our Easter Baskets and Christmas Stockings. They
honestly can not tell the difference between that and an expensive
chocolate. That just baffles me.

Old 31-08-2011, 08:20 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
haven't knowingly eaten tht, i used to love white chocolate/blueberry
bark, but last time i ate it wasn't what i remembered, and that has
been ten years at least, Lee

I don't know what blueberry bark is but I have never been a white
chocolate lover. I am a bit of a chocolate snob to. I have my favourite
brands. I hate cheap brand easter eggs, they have an unusual sweet
taste - very sickly, not like the sweetness of the brands I like. 75%
is where I stop with dark chocolate too. Higher than that and the
bitterness is awful for me.

Old 31-08-2011, 08:27 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
On 8/30/2011 2:30 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
Hershey's has some new milk chocolate Kisses that are filled with
air in the
middle. Well not quite. They whip the centers. We got a bag for
next to
combining a sale and using a coupon and a doubler. So much air is
in there
that 11 Kisses is a serving. 7 is a serving of the regular Kisses.
At
least 7 for a diabetic, meaning 15g of carb.

I find I *can* eat just one of these. Kisses are one of those
things that I
don't dislike. I actually kind of like them but not all that well,
maybe
because I have to unwrap them all and that's a pain.

So I find if I want a taste of chocolate, I can eat one of these
things.
And I can stop with just one. And they don't mess with my GERD.

Julie, soon as i see 'whipped' i have to ask

what are the trans-fat levels in these chocolates?

I didn't look. Let me see if I can see the ingredients online.

Here's a link with nutritional information but no ingredients.

http://www.hersheys.com/kisses/produ...r-delight.aspx

Of course can't find it online. Let me go get the bag...

*Stomps off wearily*

Ingredients: Milk Chocolate (Sugar,Milk, Chocolate, Cocoa Butter,
Lactose, Milk Fat, Soy Lecithin, PGPR Emulsifier, Vanillin, Artificial
Flavor).

Are there trans-fats in there? I don't know.

Doesn't appear to be. Always weird to me that people have to add
artificial flavour. Isn't cocoa and cocoa butter flavour enough?

Old 31-08-2011, 08:30 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Jacquie" wrote in message
m...

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

The air whipped comes in bars too, not just kisses. I tried one of
the chunks in the bar and I thought it was good.

I tried the bar when it came out. I didn't really like that.
Apparently they are like the Nestle Aero available in Canada. I
don't like Nestle chocolate though.

I could have eaten the whole bar, but didn't. I love Nestle
chocolate and Hershey chocolate and just about all chocolate.

I don't really like most candy. I guess I am just picky.

I must be the only person in the world that doesn't like dark
chocolate...I like the creaminess and smoothness of milk chocolate I
Googled this candy and added trans fat to the word and the first page
I came to said no transfat.

I like dark chocolate but no more that 75%, that's my limit. Do you get
Cherry Ripe there? I love Cherry Ripe

Old 31-08-2011, 08:58 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
haven't knowingly eaten tht, i used to love white chocolate/blueberry
bark, but last time i ate it wasn't what i remembered, and that has been
ten years at least, Lee

I don't know what blueberry bark is but I have never been a white
chocolate lover. I am a bit of a chocolate snob to. I have my favourite
brands. I hate cheap brand easter eggs, they have an unusual sweet taste -
very sickly, not like the sweetness of the brands I like. 75% is where I
stop with dark chocolate too. Higher than that and the bitterness is awful
for me.

I used to love bitter. I even ate cacao nibs. But oh the GERD! Just not
worth it to have even a crumb any more.

Those eggs are just nasty. We used to get them and the only way I could eat
them was to split them in two (the cheap ones split easily) and sandwich
them back together with a lot of peanut butter. I guess it never crossed my
mind just to throw them out. But no doubt that would have gotten me yelled
at.

Old 31-08-2011, 08:59 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Jacquie" wrote in message
m...

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

The air whipped comes in bars too, not just kisses. I tried one of
the chunks in the bar and I thought it was good.

I tried the bar when it came out. I didn't really like that.
Apparently they are like the Nestle Aero available in Canada. I don't
like Nestle chocolate though.

I could have eaten the whole bar, but didn't. I love Nestle chocolate
and Hershey chocolate and just about all chocolate.

I don't really like most candy. I guess I am just picky.

I must be the only person in the world that doesn't like dark
chocolate...I like the creaminess and smoothness of milk chocolate I
Googled this candy and added trans fat to the word and the first page I
came to said no transfat.

I like dark chocolate but no more that 75%, that's my limit. Do you get
Cherry Ripe there? I love Cherry Ripe

Is that the brand? If so I've never heard of it.

Old 31-08-2011, 09:12 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Ozgirl" wrote in message

I like dark chocolate but no more that 75%, that's my limit. Do you
get Cherry Ripe there? I love Cherry Ripe

Is that the brand? If so I've never heard of it.

Cadbury is the brand.

Old 31-08-2011, 09:23 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Ozgirl" wrote in message

I like dark chocolate but no more that 75%, that's my limit. Do you get
Cherry Ripe there? I love Cherry Ripe

Is that the brand? If so I've never heard of it.

Cadbury is the brand.

Ohhhhhh. Cadbury used to be widely available here. Now we can only get it
at places that sell imported foods. I believe it is a Canadian brand. I
will look for it.

Old 31-08-2011, 12:38 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

and iirc any fat once heated to a certain temp becomes trans fats, like you
think you are being good heating some OO to fry some vegetables in, and poof
its now is trans or has trans fats, Lee
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
[...]

kate

Doesn't say, do you have to declare it in the US?
http://www.hersheys.com/kisses/produ...r-delight.aspx

I don't think we have to declare it. Some manufacturers will say "no
trans-fats" but it is a meaningless declaration because if it is under a
certain amount per serving they can call it that.